KimT

Comic Con Exclusive

I was desperatly rereading the picture thread, when I stumbled onto this.

Has anyone gotten this fine exclusive?- If so, by all means do a review on it here ASAP!

Here's some pics, they're not mine and here's a link to the BS folder where I found them.

Thanks "blockparadise"!

comcon1-1.jpg

p1130973a.jpg

p1130977a.jpg

p1130978a.jpg

This exclusive set was $75 at SDCC. They're going for £80 - £100 on eBay at the moment. I'd have liked to have got my hands on one but living halfway around the world from San Diego has proved to be a major hurdle! I own the sets included already so will hold off on spending crazy-money on eBay and wait for the highly likely Clonetrooper battlepack.

It'd be great to hear the thoughts of anyone who was lucky enough to pick it up :classic:

No, I don't have the set, but I saw those pics last week, and let me tell you, I think that set is overpriced. :sceptic:

However, those are some very clear pictures. :thumbup::classic: Thanks to the brickshelf user.

I think it is a nice set, and might just be worth $75 because of the clones. You really can't get one set with more than two clones, so you have to buy multiple expensive sets to get some clones. Nothing else in the set is worth $75, especially because they didn't even change the hands on the Droid BP. Didn't really like the new Hailfire droid compared to the old one, so I am not gonnna get this set.

It's nothing special, IMO now that I've seen it. It would cost you $30 for the two sets, and maybe $20 for the clones, which I would wait for a Clone BP to come out (Phase 1).

I buy it from ebay at the $120 price point and I am waiting for it to arrive :wink: I will try to review it when it arrive so now I just need to wait :laugh: . I think is a cool set even if a clone battlepack is released next year I dont

Edited by darkrebellion

I'm sorry, but I think these Comic con sets are just a rip-off. Yes the clones might be worth it, but if they didn't include them, no one would buy this set. TLC isn't stupid...

CloneMe got that set and he said he was going to send me pictures to make a review on his behalf. But since someone banned him, there will be no review :cry_sad:

EDIT: This has proberbly been discussed already but mabye this:

Clonebatlepack.jpg

Will be the New clone trooper Battle Pack, Mabye the TLC will make loads of people buy High priced sets to get clones, then make even more money buy selling battle packs next year and make the High buyers feel gutted...

I dont know wheter it will contain 4 clones + Rex, Mabye it will just be Rex with 3...Or even better just 4 Plain Clones.

Edited by Joey Lock

I buy it from ebay at the $120 price point and I am waiting for it to arrive :wink: I will try to review it when it arrive so now I just need to wait :laugh: . I think is a cool set even if a clone battlepack is released next year I dont�t buy it for the clones exactly, even if I really :wub: them. I am a completist and the exclusives are one of the best parts of collecting because this just means its harder to get them and when you finally get it is really like a prize :sweet: . I own the other two sets but when I first look at this set I really want it and hey is limited to 1200 sets worldwide :laugh: !

Wow, $120 for two cheaper sets and 5 clones. Like everyone else I will wait for the Clone Trooper BP. I agree with Joey Lock that the clones showed might be the BP, but I hope that it is just plain clones with guns and maybe 2 of those accessory packs.

Edited by SWMAN

This is cool, but I probably wouldn't even pay $75 for it. It's a nice exclusive, but really inessential. if you want clone, you could get the spider droid.

Will be the New clone trooper Battle Pack, Mabye the TLC will make loads of people buy High priced sets to get clones, then make even more money buy selling battle packs next year and make the High buyers feel gutted...

Sadly, I think that is the truth. In fact, I thought that from the start, when I noticed how thinly spread they were amongst the sets. And if Ashoka is correct with the '09 set list, the Magnaguard will also be in a battle pack... :cry_sad::cry_happy: (I dont know which to do...)

I think these are insanely over priced even at $75. The two old sets are still available at S@H and every story I've been to with a Lego section. The clones are nice, but if TLG thinks they are worth the extra $45 they are crazy. I expect the troop packs to come out next year around the 10 to 15 dollar price point and include at least 3 clones. For the $75 spent on this at Comic Con you could have both of the droid sets and probably 3 of the troop packs when they're released.

I can understand the completist need to have this, but it just seems like such a rip. :hmpf_bad:

This set seemed so beautiful and I almost bought one on Ebay.

Really expensive what I would buy for $150 is a homing spider droid and republic fighter tank that makes for a fun battle and I'd still have enough to buy an AT-TE!(but that might just be for me in the u.k).

That set looks really nice! :cry_happy: Too bad it is exclusive though. :sadnew: That is like the only set in 2008 that has more than 2 clones.But it is really expensive on ebay! :cry_sad: I would rather wait and save money for the at-te and then buy the battle pack.That would be better and cheaper too!

I was on the verge of bin it at ebay when I calculated with shipping, it will cost more than the price of a Gunship :sceptic:

Well I do hope that TLG would release the Clone Battle Pack.

Oh, btw I love this place! Much better than the forums at my home country where people just keep talking about buying with no constructive conversations :thumbup:

Oh, btw I love this place! Much better than the forums at my home country where people just keep talking about buying with no constructive conversations :thumbup:

A grand welcome to iotacode.

And if you don't mind me asking, which country would that be you're talking of?

I attended the con and I got this, but I didn't really know what it included so I was quite dissapointed when I got home and reasearched the contents. So I think i'll probably sell it. :hmpf_bad:

Oh, btw I love this place! Much better than the forums at my home country where people just keep talking about buying with no constructive conversations

Welcome iotacode, obviously you have not been on this forum too long,

75 - 80% of what you will find here is "i bought" "i want to buy" or "i own".

But amongst the remaining 20 - 25% i am sure you will find some great

"constructive conversations" get some news and see some nice MOCs.

Hope you enjoy your time here....

Now onto the thread topic -

i really like the Comic Con set, but yes it is literally a bit of a "con".....

The opportunity to own a few Clones a bit early and the addition of

some nice packaging does not justify the high price of this set.

To purchase it on E-bay for an even higher price is just foolish.

i can understand why "completist collectors" would do so, but then i

have never understood their reasoning. i have never bought something

that i did not like just for the sake of completing a collection of things

that i do.

i am patient enough to await the release of both of the Clone Wars battle packs.

Welcome iotacode, obviously you have not been on this forum too long,

75 - 80% of what you will find here is "i bought" "i want to buy" or "i own".

But amongst the remaining 20 - 25% i am sure you will find some great

"constructive conversations" get some news and see some nice MOCs.

Hope you enjoy your time here....

Whooa! Aren't you a little pessimistic there? Also I disagree with that. And why would you say something like that in a topic that's got nothing to do with that. Going off-topic, eh?

that i do.

i am patient enough to await the release of both of the Clone Wars battle packs.

That's because You're not a collector. When I saw this set, I knew I had to get it. Now I can't take part in the raffle (for obvious reasons), but I'm seriously considering to buy this set on bricklink or eBay. - Not sure that I'll pay that much...

It's a really cool box and it does have some cool things. I love the posters and getting the minifigs isn't bad either.

In the future - be a little more positive and stop semi-flaming other members' opinions.

that i do.

Now I can

Edited by darkrebellion

Now I can´t agree with you here hamilton. I am a completist and I pick up this set up from ebay but I don´t do it because is must to complete something, is because even if I can wait for some battlepack, I don´t do it for figures either (I just buy one of each set even in the battlepacks, so with this I can save to buy some nice additions to my collections like posters, keychains, promos, pens, etc.) I buy it because when I first saw a pic in the comingsoon.net site I just said to me that is an awesome set :cry_happy: even not knowing the content so well and my opinion don´t change after know is more like a multi-pack and it is almost the set with more limited production in the star wars line (I don´t count things like the C4 like sets) so at the end I finish ordered it from ebay :classic: .

And I agree. :thumbup:

Well, except I haven't bought it, yet :wacko:

Now off to actually buy this

I don't really plan on buying this. It is way too expensive on ebay for 2 sets that equal 40 bucks and 5 other figs. I hate that they didn't even change the hands on the battle droids so they still have old guns. I didn't really like the Hailfire droid in this set anyway. It was too small and cartoonish looking unlike the old one.