Sign in to follow this  
The Middleman

PHOTO REVIEW: 7476 Iron Predator vs. T-Rex

Ok, this is the big one. The controversial one. The one everyone either hates or defends...

What do I think?

Read on.

The Figs:

Bandana Man

Masked Dude

Dude with Shades

Good figures, I miss Scarface. Comes with his torso, though, which is my favorite (the one with the ammo strap across the chest). One figure short of the figure-to-price value, but we can deal with that.

The Dino:

The Dino.

It's the one that comes with the chopper, in green. Any questions?

The Tank:

100_0060.jpg

And so it begins. I think it looks a lot better in person than on the box.

100_0061.jpg

The left side. Good time to mention that the treads run pretty easily, and this is a very playable set.

100_0063.jpg

Right side. Keep an eye on that flap in the center...

100_0064.jpg

... and we have a folding ladder!

100_0062.jpg

The back. Probably the weakest point of the set, apart from the dino.

100_0065.jpg

The turret, turned and tilted. The mechanism works extremely well, and the gun seems to work better than others for some reason (or maybe it just seems that way).

100_0067.jpg

The front of the cockpit. I'm at a loss trying to figure out how those TINY windshields defend them against 40-foot mutant tyrannosaurus rexes with radioactive breath, laser eyes, and what have you... Anyway, another one of those neat steering wheels, some Viking horns, and some stickered control panels (oh yeah, this set has a good amount of stickers. Probably around 20-ish.).

100_0066.jpg

The back of the cockpit. I love the little gun, it turns 360 degrees and tilts up. Oh yeah, and those green barrels they've been using are awesome, I can think of tons of uses for them.

The Verdict: 7.6/10

Playability: 9.4/10

Pieces: 7.5/10

Figures: 8.8/10

Dino: 3/10

Value: 4/10

The MAIN DOWNFALL of this set is the price. I would easily pay $30 for this, no questions asked. But $40 was a hard sell for me - I gave in merely to see what I would think of it, and also to help you guys find out the same. This is a great display set, and a great play set. The pieces are good - lots of nice blay beams used in the construction. But the price, people. That's the killer. Pick this up only if you have everything else or you find it on clearance.

And thus ends my Dino Attack review series. Hope you enjoyed them!

Until next time,

Bloody Jay

Very interesting indeed! I especially like the folding ladder. I never thought of making such a clever function. I might have to use it in my future LEGO models.

Another great reveiw Bloody Jay! ;)

Tks for the review once more Jay ;)

I totally agree with you Jay !!! This set has very nice details suche as the mini gun, movable ladder, green barrels and great figs !!!!

However, it is very expensive for what it is and I don't think there are that many very usefall parts in there !!!! (well, I could use those treads !!!).

If I ever buy this set, its really not for the design, which I totally dislike...

Thanks for the reviews once again. It looks like qite a nice set to me, although the European version will lose the big gun. I like some of the stickers (although I wish they were printed), and I actually quite like the dinosaur. I probably won't get it though, the set I'm most likely to get is the Fire Hammer.

Thanks for the reviews once again. It looks like qite a nice set to me, although the European version will lose the big gun. I like some of the stickers (although I wish they were printed), and I actually quite like the dinosaur. I probably won't get it though, the set I'm most likely to get is the Fire Hammer.

yay!!! some one that agrees with me!!!!!!!!! >-|

I would easily pay $30 for this, no questions asked. But $40 was a hard sell for me

Is it easier for you to "eat" if you know that this would cost you around $60 if you live in Denmark :|

100_0066.jpg

The back of the cockpit. I love the little gun, it turns 360 degrees and tilts up. Oh yeah, and those green barrels they've been using are awesome, I can think of tons of uses for them.

What uses might these be?

Dino_Bot wrote:

You're lucky...they sell those for $60 here...Am I getting ripped off?

Only if you think you are.

This set isn't too bad in the play-ability factor. It's not that great though. A better cockpit, and some more armour to this treaded monster is needed.

Thanks for another great review Bloody Jay. And I agree that this set isn't worth the price. Though, the Ark 170 is still my least favorite badly priced set.

Graynar

51454117_76603af99e_m.jpg