Sign in to follow this  
The Middleman

PHOTO REVIEW: Steel Sprinter & Urban Avenger

Since these two are fairly short, I decided to create just one topic.

Let's start with the Steel Sprinter, the smallest set of the line. Retail $4.

The Fig:

Picture

Decent figure for $4. The torso only comes with this set and the Iron Predator, so good deal there.

The ATV:

100_0056.jpg

This really is a cute little bugger. It's a lot of fun in person, just has a cool look. Useful pieces in dark red, and some good tires. Can't say much else about it, but as I said, good deal for $4.

The Dino:

No picture. It's seriously not worth that. It's identical to the black 'mutant lizard' from 7475, except it has seafoam green spots instead of yellow, making it worse, which I seriously DID NOT think was possible. The only thing good to be said about this thing is that it's only one piece, so it's not taking up too much space in the piece count.

The Verdict: 8/10

Pretty straightforward. Worth the money. If you see it, pick it up. I mean, why not? It'll set you back a whole trip to the vending machines at lunch, right? Go for it. Plus, you can have fun destroying your mutant lizard.

7474 review following shortly.

Ok, now for the Urban Avenger (whatever that means)! Second smallest set at a retail of $11.

The Fig:

100_0059.jpg

My favorite head, of course. It only comes in this and 7477 (the copter to you people not in 'the loop' ;)), so grab this one if you're trying to save money but want the figure.

The Dragster:

100_0057.jpg

This, again, is a lot of fun. Nothing to write home about, but fun to zoom around the table. My only gripe is that the gun on top is a little loose, but hey. It's LEGO, not Hot Wheels. Comes with one of those steering wheels I love oh so much.

100_0058.jpg

And the back. Gotta love those little engine pieces.

The Dino:

Ok, ok, this one is actually somewhat worth a mention...

The Raptor

It actually looks pretty cool, for an action figure. Emphasis on that. It's not LEGO, but it's not horrible.

The Pieces

Just five pieces out of 87, and the arms might be useable for something else.

The Verdict: 8.2/10

Figure is great. Vehicle is fun, has some useful pieces. Dino is better than the rest of the dinos. Value, not so much - 87 total pieces for $11. That's about the whole story - either you like it or you don't. I think it was worth the money I spent on it.

And now, coming in just a little bit - Iron Predator vs. T-Rex, 7476. Bet you didn't see THAT one coming!

Those sets are really neat !!!!! They are real great value !!!!! You can use those cool vehicles in your town, it has cool MFs, great color pattern !!!!!!

I will definitly get a couple of those !!!!!

I quite like these sets, although it's a shame that the European versions will lose both of the guns.

The Verdict: 8/10

Pretty straightforward. Worth the money. If you see it, pick it up. I mean, why not? It'll set you back a whole trip to the vending machines at lunch, right? Go for it. Plus, you can have fun destroying your mutant lizard.

I have this set I think it's pretty neat! I just don't at all like the one peice lizards that much... ;)

I give it a 7/10. :)

- BioChron

Thanks to legofreak I just got my first Dino attack set.

The steel Sprinter, ACTUALLY made me pleasantly suprised.

The Dino wasn't that bad. In fact I kinda like it!!

And the set is fantastic.