Sign in to follow this  
I Scream Clone

The Rum Trade

thindexedgif.gif Vig 14-d

I enjoyed building my Race for the Beacon MOC that I redesigned the cliff face and added a Pirates Outpost. As this is my first foray into Classic-Pirates, I may not get all the details on characters correct. Without further ado I present

The Rum Trade

Even the Imperial Navy know just how good Redbeards Rum is, and they are willing to trade many jewels and precious stones for some of the heavenly elixir!

While the soldier keeps the dinghy on an even keel, the Captain hands over the treasure to the female pirate, with the rum safely stowed.

The lazy pirate has a kip in the sun with some lunch whilst Redbeard himself oversees the trade and maintains a lookout for any skulduggery from the makeshift crowsnest!

I also made the Crowsnest modular for better access to the galley.

EarlyAugust003.jpg

EarlyAugust004.jpg

EarlyAugust009.jpg

EarlyAugust012-1.jpg

My Flickr

Thanks all comments appreciated!

Edited by SlyOwl

Interestin MOC, but is this just a trading post or do they actually make the rum there?

And why is the rum always gone?

*Stands up and nearly falls over*

Oh, that's why...

Staudie.

Really like your design. It has a real classic pirate feel to it.

Especially with the crowsnest for Redbeard. It reminds me somewhat of Forbidden Island 6270 here.

Really like the rock facade! Is the rum brewery hidden inside?

Kind regards,

Teddy

Great work ISC! I hope to see more of your work here!

I agree that it looks a little like forbidden Island.

great story, I think this is the first MOC where the Pirates and Soldiers are friends and dealing!

My favourite part would have to be the great rock construction, like the break away part!

Regards Cpt. PB

Interestin MOC, but is this just a trading post or do they actually make the rum there?

And why is the rum always gone?

*Stands up and nearly falls over*

Oh, that's why...

Staudie.

Rum thief over there! :pir-look:

Really like your design. It has a real classic pirate feel to it.

Especially with the crowsnest for Redbeard. It reminds me somewhat of Forbidden Island 6270 here.

Really like the rock facade! Is the rum brewery hidden inside?

Kind regards,

Teddy

I haven't even looked at old pirate sets that much, so thanks for th comparison.

This is only a trade station, Redbeard is to wily a character to reveal the distillery knowing the Imperial navy would take it by force!

Great work ISC! I hope to see more of your work here!

I agree that it looks a little like forbidden Island.

great story, I think this is the first MOC where the Pirates and Soldiers are friends and dealing!

My favourite part would have to be the great rock construction, like the break away part!

Regards Cpt. PB

Thanks CPB, it was a lot of fun making this little scene.

I don't know why, but I like this better than the one you made with the Orcs burning the pyre? I think because there is more going on. Nice pirate figures!!!!! They look to be in really good condition! Seriously though, you have a solid base here and you have done a great job at making a few changes to create an entirely different scene. Nice job!

This is very nice!

The SNOT water is great and the rocks are very well done. A nice concept as well, as finally the pirates and soldiers are getting along and making some good deals. :pir-classic: It has a nice outpost feel to it.

Fantastic job matey!

I don't know why, but I like this better than the one you made with the Orcs burning the pyre? I think because there is more going on. Nice pirate figures!!!!! They look to be in really good condition! Seriously though, you have a solid base here and you have done a great job at making a few changes to create an entirely different scene. Nice job!

Thanks Stash, thought you might appreciate this scene :pir-wink: I think its come out better than the Race for Bacon (Beacon) one did.

This is very nice!

The SNOT water is great and the rocks are very well done. A nice concept as well, as finally the pirates and soldiers are getting along and making some good deals. :pir-classic: It has a nice outpost feel to it.

Fantastic job matey!

I like SNOT, what more can be said!

Thanks for the kind words Erdbeereis1, I like the feel of the Sig Fig too

Peace On!

Edited by I Scream Clone

This is pretty good for a first Pirate MOC :thumbup: I think I'll flag this for frontpaging.

I wouldn't mind seeing a closeup of the treasure chest - I've never seen those gold and silver crystals used in a Pirate MOC before and they have me intrigued.

This is pretty good for a first Pirate MOC :thumbup: I think I'll flag this for frontpaging.

I wouldn't mind seeing a closeup of the treasure chest - I've never seen those gold and silver crystals used in a Pirate MOC before and they have me intrigued.

Thanks for the kind words! Just for that you get some new pics!

EarlyAugust007-1.jpg

EarlyAugust010-1.jpg

EarlyAugust009-1.jpg

My Flickr

Edited by I Scream Clone

Thanks for the close-ups of the treasure chest I Scream Clone!

It certainly is an interesting idea to use gold and copper in its original [LEGO] form. I wonder how an entire treasure cave would look with those pieces protruding from the walls and ceiling.

Very nicely done; it appears that you have the makings of a little series; I hope to see more pictures. :thumbup: