Back:

20004_002.jpg

Instructions:

20004_003.jpg

Mini-figs

This set comes with 1 mini-fig, the standard Indy with hat and whip-no satchel:

20004_004.jpg

The build

I am really happy with the amount of frown headlight bricks that come with this set. 12 in all:

20004_005.jpg

The mudguards are cleverly built with 1 x 2 panels and 1 x 1 panel corners in dark green. In the first 2 pages of the instructions, there are a lot of great pieces. This set would sell like mad if it were released for sale. Parts monkeys alone would go insane buying these up for the dark green and frown pieces:

20004_006.jpg

The body of the car consists of black plates, brackets and modified bricks with curved tops that allow the dark green mudguards to just peak out. Cool technique:

20004_007.jpg

The grill looks cool using only six pieces. I wish all small sets were this unique and cool:

20004_008.jpg

Here's the completed jeep. It looks a little small for an actual jeep, but for a brickmaster set, it's awesome, IMO:

20004_009.jpg

Some more detail shots of the set with Indy in the driver's seat:

20004_010.jpg

20004_011.jpg

20004_012.jpg

20004_013.jpg

20004_014.jpg

I hope they take BrickMaster exclusives overseas because it'd be awesome if everybody could get these. My buddy CopMike would probably love to be the first to review this set, so I've dedicated my review comic to him:

001.jpg002.jpg

003.jpg004.jpg005.jpg

006.jpg007.jpg008.jpg

009.jpg

My rating

Playability: 8/10 (You need to add some other sets and characters to really play with this set)

Design: 9/10 (Great techniques and inclusion of rare parts, but loses a point for being an unrealistic size for a jeep)

Price: 10/10 (Part of the BrickMaster package, it is a reasonable prize for an exclusive set and everything else that comes with the subscription)

Overall: 9/10 (Great, but not perfect and definitely needs to be offered overseas. LEGO would make a ton of money releasing this for sale, IMO as it really is a terrific small set.)

Super review, thanks. :thumbup:

Simply put, I'd have to admit this is one of the best Indy sets. And in such a small package. :wink: It's a very detailed lil' jeep, and that's why I like it. I have this too, but I don't want to open it since it's exclusive. :grin:

Wait, I thought we were calling it "rown" and not "frown" :tongue:

Thanks for the review Hinckley! I love this set! I still haven't renewed my BM subscription, but i'm sure I can find this on ebay or bricklink. :thumbup:

And what an addition this would be to my army.

Edited by ~VBBN~

Nice review Hinckley. I just got mine as well by paying quite a high price for it since its exclusive to US. However, I had not opened it yet and I left it in my friend's car. :tongue:

I gave it for an above average for that cool little jeep. For an exclusive BrickMaster set, this is certainly one of the best vehicles I had ever seen. I like its construction built. If this is ever released in the main stream, I am sure it will be a hit to get a small sized Indiana Jones set.

Outstanding set and review, thanks for presenting it!

I've had this since it first came out, but didn't think it would be that impressive, so I didn't bother opening it. Now, I'm tempted.

Aside from the slight size issue, I can't find anything here to gripe about, except for the limited availability. I want 5. I think that makes me a parts monkey. Eek eek.

You're exactly right about this selling like mad. It's another one of those missed opportunities for TLG. Sure, it's nice to get people to subscribe by offering it as part of BrickMaster, but in the long run, put it in the stores for $6 and sell a million. Just give us Indy's manbag, we need it for postal employees and such.

As is the running joke whenever I comment on one of your reviews, I'd give this a solid 985. Not out of anything, just 985. :wink:

Or, in clearer terms: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: + 1/2 (though I voted 5)

Nice review! I would like to get this set... unfortunately I don't get Brickmaster mag, and the prices on BL/ ebay will most likely be ridiculous. I wonder why Indy doesn't come with his murse (man purse) in this set? Thats the best part of the fig. The jeep itself is very nice, especially with the dark green. By the way, what is frown? Brownish... something, I guess. Oh yeah, and funny comic. :laugh:

Looks really nice, if they keep making BM sets like this, I might actually subscribe...

Nice comic too, remind me not to run into Copmike and his gloveless hand...

By the way, what is frown? Brownish... something, I guess.

fake+brown=frown

Nice comic too, remind me not to run into Copmike and his gloveless hand...

In Sweden, the latex gloves are yellow...

I really enjoyed getting this set in the mail. Its such a great small set and a good example of how smaller vehicles can have great details on them too.

The only drawback is that I didn't get another satchel for my various uses for them.

Thanks for the cool review, Hinckley. When I saw the picture originally I thought it looked good, but not that good. But seeing the pictures in your review, I love this, I voted it as outstanding because it has great parts, and a brilliant construction, ingenious perhaps! :sweet:

Simply put, I'd have to admit this is one of the best Indy sets.

I agree. It's so sad we Europeans can't get it... :cry_sad::angry:

:skull:

In Sweden, the latex gloves are yellow...

In Sweden the Police make fun of YOU!

Stauder.

Thanks for this great review hinckley! I agree with you this set has to be released as normal set. I just recognized how clever the building technique is, you couldn't see that on the packaging shots we got before. Hopefully i'm able to grab this off ebay or somewhere else sometime! :thumbup:

Thanks for the good review :thumbup:! I can´t wait for mine to arrive!

And just think how close PaulC was in his reverse building of this which turned into a Event Exclusive in Billund :sweet:!

He was just wrong on the color of the headlight bricks (black instead of frown) and the rear bumper stuff which couldn´t be seen on the bag picture! Kudos PaulC!

As for my badass patrol car and the SOP (standard operation procedure) of cavity searches there´s more to see here over at BrickZone - here´s a teaser:

138.jpg

CopMike

here´s a teaser:

138.jpg

CopMike

That looks a bit odd out of context. :laugh:

Great teaser. What a cool site you've linked to. I love it! Thanks. :tongue:

I'm glad you guys liked the review and I hope everyone gets a chance to own this little gem...for a reasonable price.