Sign in to follow this  
Justin2224

Attention all HALO fans!

I was just over in the Embassy, and made a reply to the 'What new themes would you like LEGO to make', or something along those lines. My reply stated something about a HALO line. Maybe if we get enough people to give TLC good ideas about a HALO line, we might see one. So, what are your set and fig ideas? If we were to get a HALO line, what would it need for you to buy some? My major would be Brick-Built Elites and a new Helmet mold for the MC.

Simply, no. It will never happen due to the fact that it is too violent. We already have weapons from Brickarms and helmet and armor molds from Brick Forge. What more do you want?

EDIT:

Brick-Built Elites

Why not make your own?

Edited by PSPguy

Given the more mature nature of the HALO franchise, not to mention the fact LEGO already has one extremely successful sci-fi license, it's extremely doubtful TLC would ever consider a HALO theme of sets.

However, many custom accessory sellers currently offer the type of items you've expressed an interest in. Brickforge offers a "Space Marine" armor set, Saber-Scorpion offers a decal set to produce a brick-built Elite, and BrickArms offers the following minifig-compatible weapons:

BA-M5 Assault Rifle

BA-M5_black.gif

BA-M6 Magnum

BA-M6_black.gif

badger

For me, sorry but nothing would get me to buy any HALO LEGO because I really don't see them doing this theme.

Licenses are expensive, and they remain expensive for a long time. To use the name HALO, LEGO would have to pay a nice chunk of change, on a purely violent theme.

Brick built Elite's are all over Brickshelf. Search a few options and see what you find.

Many people have also built vehicles, check out Brickshelf.

As for armor and helmets, this great little company called Brickforge made some "SWEET" looking armor, helmets, and visors for use by space marines...and there are more colors on the way.

And weapons, these wild and crazy guys over at this company called Brickarms made some wicked weaponry that seems to work out great for space marines.

So yeah, for me, I don't see LEGO going into this line. If they did, I would be totally shocked.

What more could I want? An entire HALO line. Star Wars is endeng soon and I'll need something to spend my $$$ on.

The fact of the matter is that Star Wars is NOT ending soon. We still have 4 more years and wh knows after that. And besides what would a Halo line consist of? A buttload of cash size scarab, a tank, and some cars? We get that from city and the tank and scarab is too violent for LEGO.

It would be mostly for the AFOLs, and since they generally have the money, and HALO is a pretty popular game, LEGO would make a buttload of cash. I know there are all of those customs out there, and I've made a few, and bought from those sellers. However, I lack a very vital element for Covenant, purple bricks. LEGO doesn't seem to thrilled about the clolor, but if they make a HALO line puple will be a plenty.

Here is a little spoiler: :tongue:

Lego is a toy and toys are aimed for kids.

I'm not sure, I haven't played Halo yet, so yeah, but I did watch some cutscenes which now has me hooked on wanting to buy the game. I guess I'd want a Master cheif, some space marines and some vehicles. I'd like to see one of the scene MOC's from the first Halo. It would be sweet. Anyway, I would like to see the trial scene from the second Halo. I'd also like one of those Space Marine transport ships. I think it's called a D77H_TCI Pelican Dropship. Anyway, that would be awesome, can someone post a pic of it?

Here is a little spoiler: :tongue:

Lego is a toy and toys are aimed for kids.

Star Wars is violent as well, maybe even more-so than HALO in ways. Halo has blood, and kids see blood when they loose teeth. Star Wars has amputation and decapitation, kids don't have that happen when loosing teeth.

Jessica, heres the page for the Pelican.

Star Wars is violent as well, maybe even more-so than HALO in ways. Halo has blood, and kids see blood when they loose teeth. Star Wars has amputation and decapitation, kids don't have that happen when loosing teeth.

Im sorry but Lego will never make this!

Anyway most of the people who play Halo are Teenagers and Adults and as PSP guy stated "Lego is for kids" Lego doesnt care what we want! They aim for the childrens market since they will sit on the floor, throwing a temper until there parents lose it and buy it for them. Poor Parents... :cry_sad:

Poor parents indeed. LEGO should focus on the adults an teens, because we have money.

Thats the thing. The Adults use up there money on the Children.

But remember ep. 3 was rated PG-13, therefore not for kids.

Poor parents indeed. LEGO should focus on the adults an teens, because we have money.

What? LEGO is a toy... and toys are focused on kids... can't get any simpler than that!

I really don't see Halo being made into a LEGO theme. Sure, it's popular enough, but I say leave it to the MOCers. Just go to MOOpages.com to see how many Halo MOCs people make.

I would love Halo LEGO. I tend to doubt it will be made though because Halo is rated M and there is already Star Wars. However Halo really isn't much more violent than Star Wars games... Maybe when the Halo movies come out (yes, plural. movieS. There are going to be at least 3 movies. It's confirmed) if they are pg13. The best to hope for I think though are some UCS sets. A minifig scale UCS Scarab... 10,000+ pieces... :cry_happy: LEGO NEEDS to make Halo LEGO :) Oh and if you don't have the BrickForge and BrickArms Halo stuff, buy it! I have some (BA guns and BF armor) and it is soooo awesome. :)

-Dylan

Listen, I hate to dissapoint, but this will never, EVER happen. It would be amazing if they did, and I'm a big fan of Halo, but bottom line, this just won't happen. TLC won't pay for yet another license, and everyone whose saying that we need something to replace SW, thant's not till 2011 guys, 4 years away! Enjoy what we have now!

Halo is not more violent than SW, that is just completely wrong. SW had blood, like what, once, in the Cantina, when that guy got his arm chopped off? Lightsaber wounds don't even bleed in the movies anymore, for God's sake! it just burns it off. Halo is greusomely violent, you can't disagree with that. Splatters, being slashed by swords, meleeing, rockets, guns, the Spartan Lazer even causes an explosion of blood! Plus, the Flood, basically the zombies of Halo, taking over the deceased and using them as hosts? That just screams gore, guys. And saying that kids see blood when they lose a tooth? How often does a kid not start bawling when they lose their first tooth? "Oh no, in SW, a few people lose a limb in the entire series!" Oh no, in an average Halo online match, 20 people get killed a minute. Blasters aren't even violent! One blast, there's a mark on you, and you die. Guns, you get shot a few hundred times with an AR, there's blood all over and you fall over dead in a pile of blood, only to be run over or repeatedly teabagged by the guy who killed you.

Lego has always been aimed at kids, that isn't going to change anytime soon. It started as a childrens building toy. We all are just obsessed with them. :tongue: That doesn't mean that TLC will aim at adults, just to make a little more money off an extremely violent theme. TLC is a family oriented company. Deal with it. That's just the way it is. To them, Halo is way out of the question, and badgering them about it will only discourage them from even giving the idea any thought at all. Their idea of catering towards adults is Tecnic and the new Architecture theme. I'm fairly positive that's the most they'll do.

Sorry if this came off as harsh, but I feel pretty strongly about what I've said, and I'll gladly stand by it.

DSR

PS: If they make Halo 4 (they'd better), if I can't play as a Grunt, Jackal, or Brute, I won't buy it.

Also, what really happened at the end of Halo 3? The freind I played it with always skips cutscenes like a fag, so it left gaps in the storyline for me. I didn't even know Johnson got lazered by the Oracle. Basically, Chief killed off all the Flood, right? And Cheif went back into Cyro, right? Hence, " wake me when you need me". So, are the Brutes still fighting? And the Brutes have Jackals and Grunts, too? Not sure, because I just shot everything in sight when I played Campaign. :tongue: Also, what side are the Drones on? I never really gave them a thought till now, I just shot at them.

Edited by Dark Sword Ragnarok

Woah Ragnorok, watch your language, i don't know what you think it means but in the UK fag or faggot is a derogatory term for a homosexual, you may want to edit your post right about know.

Steel...

I don't think Lego halo would be a good idea. Apple fanboy's wouldn't buy it :tongue:

On a serious note, it would be interesting, but I can't see it happening.

Staudie.

Woah Ragnorok, watch your language, i don't know what you think it means but in the UK fag or faggot is a derogatory term for a homosexual, you may want to edit your post right about know.

Steel...

I know 'fag' or 'faggot' is a derogatory term for a homosexual, but in the States, the word 'gay' is now almost like a word for 'stupid' or something.

EXAMPLE: Dude, I broke my leg last night!

Dude, that's pretty gay.

See? I probably shouldn't have used "fag" in this instant, but what's done is done.

DSR

PS: You also spelled my name wrong. Ragnarok. It happens all the time, don't sweat it. Copy/paste my username if you need to!

I know 'fag' or 'faggot' is a derogatory term for a homosexual, but in the States, the word 'gay' is now almost like a word for 'stupid' or something.

Words are thrown about waaaay too much nowadays.

See? I probably shouldn't have used "fag" in this instant, but what's done is done.

Edit button.

Staudie.

Given the more mature nature of the HALO franchise, not to mention the fact LEGO already has one extremely successful sci-fi license, it's extremely doubtful TLC would ever consider a HALO theme of sets.

However, many custom accessory sellers currently offer the type of items you've expressed an interest in. Brickforge offers a "Space Marine" armor set, Saber-Scorpion offers a decal set to produce a brick-built Elite, and BrickArms offers the following minifig-compatible weapons:

BA-M5 Assault Rifle

BA-M5_black.gif

BA-M6 Magnum

BA-M6_black.gif

badger

Do you see any other Halo weapons being released in the future? Like the Shotgun and Covenant weapons?

Maybe when the Halo movies come out (yes, plural. movieS. There are going to be at least 3 movies. It's confirmed)

-Dylan

Where did you here that?!?!? Is there a site? Please post a link.

Words are thrown about waaaay too much nowadays.

Edit button.

Staudie.

I know, I'm just leaving it as is so I can learn from it.

(note to self: Don't say 'fag' anymore...)

DSR

Do you see any other Halo weapons being released in the future? Like the Shotgun and Covenant weapons?

Will did produce a Needle Gun accessory to compliment a custom Chief minifig that was a BrickWorld exclusive:

chief.png

However, the complexity of the item (multiple molds and overinjection are used to produce it) means that it will never see mass production or wider availability. There is one currently available for bid on eBay here.

In terms of other HALO-inspired items, there are no specific plans for any future accessories of this type. However, the BA-M5 and BA-M6 have proved to be very popular, and Will certainly will take this into account when he decides what items to design and produce in the future.

badger

Edited by the enigma that is badger

Cool. Badger, could you possibly make any suggestions to Will?

I think in my first post I asked for ideas that the LEGO Group could make into sets if we did see HALO in the future. However, all I've gotten is 'No' and 'Aint gonna happen'. Sheesh. :cry_sad: