Sign in to follow this  
Dragonator

Mystery Castle - Day 10

IMPORTANT: If you are not a participant in the game, then please do not post in the game. These threads are reserved for players only.

day_10_large.jpg

The previous day had concluded with no decision made, so the people of the castle gathered on this, the tenth day since the kings murder, intent on catching another traitor. The true question was however, would they get one? Or would they end up condemning another innocent loyalist? Who knows?

It was a fairly quiet night, although a couple of people were definitely wandering the corridors, up to no good. Luckily, nobody was killed during the night.

What? Ragnir, you said you were going to flame someone!

Well, yes, but I talked to the host and he said that would be a bit unfair.

But it would have been funny! No wonder our ratings are dropping, the audience is getting bored out of their brains! They haven’t laughed, yet alone clapped, since around Day 4! I knew this show was destined for disaster.

Perhaps we should have taken my idea and got in a few more celebrities. ImperialShadows just doesn’t seem to be doing it for us.

Umm, I think we’ve got quite enough celebrities thank you, especially with your choices.

What, I thought Staudie would have been a great celebrity appearance.

He had a cameo a while back, but that didn’t do anything for the ratings. If anything, it was from then that they started dropping…

Enough! This is getting silly, perhaps we might get some ratings if the audience had something to watch?

Oh right, on with the show! Um, cue the random story teller.

I’m not random! Really, I’m not sure I get paid enough to put up with all this.

We’ll discuss it later. Now if you don’t mind?

Oh fine.

Breakfast was served and the people sat down, watching each other warily. The traitors were becoming increasingly hard to spot, and with little to go on, it seemed that they were just going to have to figure things out the old fashioned way. Eventually someone would make a slip…

Characters: (in no particular order)

Lord Dragonator (non player)

Majiko the Wizard (non player)

Lord Martin - deceased, condemned by vote

Mike (a servant) - deceased, stabbed at night

Ernest the Chef - deceased, committed suicide

General Marcus - deceased, condemned by vote

Michael (a soldier in the royal guard)

Lord Savril

Lord Ash - deceased, condemned by vote

Lord Gary

Lady Suzanne – deceased, condemned by vote

Grim (head of the royal guard) - deceased, killed at night

General Spencer - deceased, condemned by vote

Mary (a maid)

Paul (the cellar keeper)

Daniel (a young squire) - deceased, crushed by a potato cart

Rotrigous (king’s advisor)

Calvin (a local fisherman) - deceased, condemned by vote

Kyle (the castle torturer/executioner)

Lieutenant Byron (of the royal guard)

Friar Brown

Damien (a doctor and herbalist) - deceased, condemned by vote

Fred (a soldier in the royal guard)

Players: (in no particular order)

1. Zepher

2. TinyPiesRUs

3. Hyphos

4. ImperialShadows

5. WhiteFang

6. Cpt. Pegleg Blockbeard

7. Dovchenko

8. iamded

9. stash2sixx

10. I Scream Clone

11. Pencoin

12. Trexxen

13. Quarryman

14. Batbrick

15. Hinckley

16. AgentRick57

17. TheBrickster

18. Adam

19. Commanderbly42

20. Atoll Dweller

21. Flatfoot Thompson

Please note that voting for the building challenge will remain open for another week. Make sure you go vote! Keep posting, and make sure you find those traitors! If we don’t get a conviction today, then I will randomly kill one of you. And it will be random, I’ll roll a die and everything. So, take that as fair warning. :wink: Oh, and if I hear one complaint about a lack of clues, I’ll feed the complainer to my good buddy Ragnir. You’ve got plenty go on.

Good Luck! For by God you’ll need it. :tongue:

Well thats done it! I was all keen to see another "lynching", oh well time to run through my memory and any paintings commissioned over the last 9 days and see if i can find anything new.

I already mentioned that 'Known traitors were quick to defend Mary'!

What say you Strumpet(Zepher)? to my accusations?

Perhaps we should have taken my idea and got in a few more celebrities. ImperialShadows just doesn’t seem to be doing it for us.

Umm, I think we’ve got quite enough celebrities thank you, especially with your choices.

What, I thought Staudie would have been a great celebrity appearance.

He had a cameo a while back, but that didn’t do anything for the ratings. If anything, it was from then that they started dropping…

I can only do some much with the material I'm given. Further, I warned you about having the kid on. :sceptic:

If we don’t get a conviction today, then I will randomly kill one of you. And it will be random, I’ll roll a die and everything. So, take that as fair warning. :wink: Oh, and if I hear one complaint about a lack of clues, I’ll feed the complainer to my good buddy Ragnir. You’ve got plenty go on.

I am Rotrigous, the King's Advisor! I will not be threatened into making a quick decision, I don't care if that does put my life at risk... er... :look:

Still, I'm reasonable about these things, and you did say we have enough info to go on, so let's do a quick review. :blush:

The survivors, in order of relative rank, based on standard medieval hierarchy, as best as I can estimate it.

Lord Dragonator (non player) - Suspicious, but we aren't allowed to do anything about it. Kills more than we do. :angry:

Majiko the Wizard (non player) - Don't get me started. :hmpf:

Lord Savril and Lord Gary have motive as family members, but at this point, that's all there is pointing at them. They seem to share a fondness for pink dresses. :hmpf_bad: Lord Savril was instrumental in taking down General Marcus.

Friar Brown has offered some unfortunate advice along the way and belongs to a weird cult, but he was also the intended victim once and has some good booze.

Rotrigous (king’s advisor). I still just want the traitors killed as revenge for stealing my power and killing our King. I've tried to find the guilty and managed to get us Lord Ash, our first traitor. My night moves have been well documented. :wink:

Kyle (the castle torturer/executioner) has made some odd claims at times and in the last day or two has been pretty suspicious to the point of desperation, but we failed to confirm his execution when distracted by our next suspect ...

Paul (the cellar keeper) might be the last remaining person who should have truly had access to the food/wine to poison it. Narrowly escaped execution yesterday, perhaps because of the situation with Kyle. Does someone have reason to save one of these two, and did so by splitting our votes between them?

Lieutenant Byron, Michael and Fred of the Royal Guard. Moe, Larry, and Curly. These three stooges spend most of their time covered in poo or bumbling around, but that could be covering sinister motives. Still, no indication of anything... yet.

Mary (the maid) is our lowest member of the staff left. If someone was stealing the silver, I'd probably check under her bed, but I can't come up with a motive for murder, or the opportunity to participate in it. At the very least, I can account for most of her night moves. :devil:

So, out of all of that, the cellar keeper seems the most likely suspect, to me, and he is the one we almost executed yesterday, save for one more vote, which we would have had if things hadn't been split between him and Kyle. Seems like one of the two is a traitor and narrowly escaped death, perhaps through the help of his partner(s) in crime.

At this point, that's good enough for me to cast a vote. Plus, I don't really want to die a random death. I'd look terrible covered in potatoes. :cry_sad:

Vote: Commanderbly42/Paul

Friar Brown has offered some unfortunate advice along the way and belongs to a weird cult, but he was also the intended victim once and has some good booze.

Spirits anyone? :blush:

Last night, in gratitude that I wasn't killed I decided to go ahead and investigate Paul. I couldn't get him to talk because he was really, really drunk, but I looked through his belongings.

He's a loyalist.

Back to square one -_-

~Kyle

Last night, in gratitude that I wasn't killed I decided to go ahead and investigate Paul. I couldn't get him to talk because he was really, really drunk, but I looked through his belongings.

Sorry about that, I was just happy to be alive. From now on, I'm going to quit drinking and save the wine from the kingdom.

Back to square one -_-

Indeed, it looks like we'll soon be forced to either:

a) investigate everyone each night

or

b) guess

An both of those aren't exactly ideal as we could be here for days if we investigated everyone and we'd probably end up killing more loyalists if we guess. :sceptic:

He's a loyalist.

Back to square one -_-

~Kyle

Idiot! You just lied, as well as made everyone sure that you are a traitor! Even if you were telling the truth, then it just points to you!

Vote: Trexxen/Kyle, the treacherous executioner

Though clue wise, we are stuck. I'm still waiting for Hinckley to fart :tongue:.

I followed Imperialshadows/Roto-Rooter and he was with Mary in her chambers but I got an interesting note from the spirit of Lady Dolores:

You do however have a suspicion that he was not just there to enjoy himself, and that it was not a coincidence that he had spent the night with Mary on many an occasion.

And I said, how do you know I have a suspicion? I don't need you to tell me what suspicions I have.

and she wrote back:

You need me to tell you what's a wall and what's a door.

And I said "Yes I do appreciate that. Say, Lady Dolores, usually you just talk to me and some other spirit writes notes. Why are you writing me a note?"

And she wrote me another note:

Sore throat

Interesting. Here I was already on my way to vote for Paul, and then Kyle shows up claiming that Paul is a loyalist. So now I'm confused, again. Guess I'm not the only one though.

On the other hand, I thought Paul was a traitor already, so maybe Kyle is just trying to cover for him.

Oh what the heck; Vote: commander101010 / Paul the cellar keeper.

Interesting. Here I was already on my way to vote for Paul, and then Kyle shows up claiming that Paul is a loyalist. So now I'm confused, again. Guess I'm not the only one though.

On the other hand, I thought Paul was a traitor already, so maybe Kyle is just trying to cover for him.

Yes, I'm sure that's exactly why he accused me of being a traitor yesterday. :sadnew: Good inductive skills. Please tell me when we're actually going to start to focus on traitors. Kyle has led us to traitors before has he not? Haven't we agreed with his judgement before? I'm inclined to believe that one of you who is voting for me is a traitor - I'm easy prey for them. hmpf_bad:

Yes, I'm sure that's exactly why he accused me of being a traitor yesterday. :sadnew: Good inductive skills. Please tell me when we're actually going to start to focus on traitors. Kyle has led us to traitors before has he not? Haven't we agreed with his judgement before? I'm inclined to believe that one of you who is voting for me is a traitor - I'm easy prey for them. hmpf_bad:

Well, you have on earlier occasions defended traitors, like trying to give general Marcus an alibi. Though, you did vote against him the day he was condemned. And that same day Kyle claimed he had tortured the general and found out that he was a traitor. *sigh* This is all too confusing for a simple man like me.

But for the time being; unvote commanderbly42 / Paul the cellar keeper. Guess I have to do some more reading and considering before casting another vote.

Hmmmm... you've been defending Kyle rather a lot, when not only is he a very traitor-ish character, but also the only other one that's been accused to be a traitor as of late (with you being the other, of course). By defending him, you are making youself the only target. I think this:

You are both traitors. You know that you're basically dead the way things are going, and you are doing everything you can to lead us away from your fellow traitor: Kyle.

That's the way I see it.

Well I slept well last night (sleep of the loyalists that is)

Oh what the heck; Vote: commander101010 / Paul the cellar keeper.

Thats exactly what i thought too! Man we have such suspicious minds (starts singing a catchy tune, we cant go on together...)

So we need some new targets.....

How about Michael Fred, Mary, Byron? There that should stir a few people up!

Someone is playing us for fools...and its certainly working well

Hmmmm... you've been defending Kyle rather a lot, when not only is he a very traitor-ish character, but also the only other one that's been accused to be a traitor as of late (with you being the other, of course). By defending him, you are making youself the only target. I think this:

You are both traitors. You know that you're basically dead the way things are going, and you are doing everything you can to lead us away from your fellow traitor: Kyle.

That's the way I see it.

Its always hard to know if the investigation did actually take place....

You don't have to believe me.

But consider this - theoretically, IF I was a traitor, wouldn't I have said he was a traitor instead since we were all ready to vote for him anyways? Therefore, you'd lose another town member?

Just think about that. Meanwhile, I'm going to reread day 9 - I think I know who might be scum.

~Kyle

Basically Kyle/Trexxen, it can go 3 ways.

If you are both loyalists you will say that Paul is a loyalist

If you are both traitors you will also collude together and say that Paul is a loyalist thereby making you both look like loyalists

If you are a loyalist and Paul is a traitor you would have told the rest of us.

So you can see how it gets confusing..... :oh3::oh:

Yes i will do some rereading to as i have some suspicions too.... :devil:

Well I slept well last night (sleep of the loyalists that is)

Thats exactly what i thought too! Man we have such suspicious minds (starts singing a catchy tune, we cant go on together...)

So we need some new targets.....

How about Michael Fred, Mary, Byron? There that should stir a few people up!

Someone is playing us for fools...and its certainly working well

Its always hard to know if the investigation did actually take place....

Convient how you left out yourself, Rotrigous, and Sarvil in your target list :hmpf_bad:. I don't think that voting for random people is a good idea. Besides, I've already been voted for twice, so you can knock me off the "new" target list. Yes, someone is playing you for a fool. Actually, more than one person.

You don't have to believe me.

But consider this - theoretically, IF I was a traitor, wouldn't I have said he was a traitor instead since we were all ready to vote for him anyways? Therefore, you'd lose another town member?

Just think about that. Meanwhile, I'm going to reread day 9 - I think I know who might be scum.

~Kyle

Theoretically, if you were a traitor, and Pual was too (and I think just that, as do a few others, I'm sure), than you would say that he is a loyalist, wouldn't you? Give all the posibilities.

Most might wonder, "If he told us that Lady Suzanne and Marcus were traitors, than how could he be one?"

A good question, to be sure. Here's how I see it:

You (Kyle) noticed that Lady Suzanne and Marcus were being lynched, so you went along with it. That way, you could make people think that you're a loyalist.

Just what I think.

Look, there's two reasons why I can combat that claim.

One - I've never been the first to say something here; I only investigate people that were being considered for a lynch before but weren't, to make sure our decisions are right. It's not my fault that someone else is going to vote that person simply because they were the planned lynch the day before. It's not my fault that I wake up late, either. I can't be here first for everything, and using that as a reason really grinds my teeth because of it. I don't like the fact that this has happened, as it has led to doubts in my credibility - which almost led to a wrongful lynch yesterday (but admittedly, we almost did a DIFFERENT wrongful lynch afterwards <_<)

Two - Please, give me SOME credit. If I were a traitor I for one wouldn't be stupid enough to kill my fellow traitors, nor rat them out - and I wouldn't claim to be able to investigate at night, either, because that is pretty much a ticket to "you're scum" headquarters if you end up saying something wrong.

Sigh.

~Kyle

Interesting day we have here... Byron get outof bed!

But it's so COLD!

Get out of bed now, time to do your duties again, you shall report what happened in previous days, information like who has condemed whom who stuck up for who.

No, it's too cold maybe in the afternoon

Fine I will help *I kick Byron all the way back to day one..*

Once he is done can someone double check his work and confirm that what he says actually happened, he does have a good imagination...

*As Byron is flying out to day one he screams for his cat to come too* Send me sprikles

*I kick sprinkles into day nine so i know Byron will do his job!*

Mary: I'm sorry that I wasn't around much yesterday. All the late nights have led to tired days, so I had to sleep at some point (I was off to camp. The accuzations against me are just silly. While I have no idea who the remaining traitors are, I know that I'm not one of them.I helped lead to Lady Suzane's death. I was the first to accuse her on the first day was accused, and the first to vote for her on the day she was killed. My I call something that Trexxen said a few moment ago into play? "Two - Please, give me SOME credit. If I were a traitor I for one wouldn't be stupid enough to kill my fellow traitors, nor rat them out." How then, does that lead to me?

Convient how you left out yourself, Rotrigous, and Sarvil in your target list :hmpf_bad:. I don't think that voting for random people is a good idea. Besides, I've already been voted for twice, so you can knock me off the "new" target list. Yes, someone is playing you for a fool. Actually, more than one person.

Lady Dolores tells me we should vote for you because you are a donkey. Her throat is feeling better.

I followed Imperialshadows/Roto-Rooter and he was with Mary in her chambers but I got an interesting note from the spirit of Lady Dolores:

Have you ever noticed that it's hard to quote the quoted Lady Dolores?

Whatever the case, I spent the night with Mary the first time as a random choice, just to see what would happen. Our esteemed :hmpf: host, Draggy, turned it into something cheap and tawdry, so I was forced to repeat it, of course. :grin:

As you may recall, I also spent a night watching BlabbyByron until I nearly went mad, and you spent a night with Mary, which is very hard to explain since there isn't enough booze in the place to get you to do that normally.

I also spent a night with the good Friar, and another with the treacherous Lady Suzanne (what a bore she was).

Point being, don't try to make something out of nothing, or you just look suspicious. Especially since you're the one that tried to lie about your night actions when you forgot to kick the pigeon, which ultimately cost poor loyal Grim his life. :angry:

Especially since you're the one that tried to lie about your night actions when you forgot to kick the pigeon, which ultimately cost poor loyal Grim his life. :angry:

I never tried to lie, baby-maker.

Your face is a pigeon costing Grim his life. :tongue:

Lady Dolores says you smell.

Besides, if Batbrick hadn't murdered someone, I probably wouldn't have been able to prove it was him the following night. So there. Lady Dolores says "so there" too.

I just got a note:

So there.

Lady Dolores tells me we should vote for you because you are a donkey. Her throat is feeling better.

Hey! Why are you so mean to me :cry_sad:? WAHH!!! :sing:

Ok, bit of an over-reaction. I was merley pointing out that ISC didn't mention you guys. So why am I a donkey :cry_sad:? Ok, so maybe Majiko once made a mistake when trying to make my shirt blue, but that's no excuse to make fun of me like that! I don't even have the tail anymore! Yeah, I know that I might make donkey sounds now and then-

nevermind. As I said, voting for people pointlessly (or because they are donkeys :tongue:) is not a good idea the way I see it.

I just got a note:

I just got a note too...

Make mine a sarsaparilla, sheriff.

Signed,

Molly Brown

I have no idea what that means. :wacko: