The Cobra

Dart Shooter & Ice cube tray

Found in 2008 Accessory gallery.

dsc01247.jpg

dsc01242.jpg

Edit by Phred: Down-sized pics

Nice! Could this be the start of the return of pirates. I really love that ice cube maker too.

Edited by Skipper 24

Oh yes, I remember seeing the ice cube tray when I last went to Legoland. :pir-classic: Better not let Hinckley see this topic... :pir-look:

:skull:

dsc01242.jpg

Does that say crap? Anyways I think this is a sure sign of the return of pirates. Notice how the Pirate font looks like the castle font.

This could be the start of a Lego Pirates line, especially judging by the "LEGO Pirate" logo! :pir-cry_happy:

Edited by Pickerel

Could this be yet another sign? :pir-classic:

Actually this might be the first time we see the logo of new Pirate series:

dsc01242.jpg

Who knows...

That's great The Cobra!! :pir-oh: Frontpage material?

All these signs lately really make the return of pirates plausible!

As for that ice cube tray, I love it!! Captain RedBeard ice cubes!! Yay!! :pir-wub:

I wonder how fast the hook will break. :pir-hmpf::pir-tongue:

Yet another sign, still no real proof. What is the price on that? It's blurry but looks like $79.00

I just got that Pirates Ice cube tray in Billund. I'll do a review soon... :grin:

I just got that Pirates Ice cube tray in Billund. I'll do a review soon... :grin:

AaaHA! So the guy whining about ice cub trays actually bought one!!

Who's being silly now? :pir-grin:

You porbably couldn't resist buying something related to the best theme ever. :pir-wink:

Does that say crap?

Why yes, I think it actually does! :pir-laugh:

Oh no! :pir-tongue:

Captain RedBeard ice cubes!! Yay!! :pir-wub:

Yes, it indeed looks like the shape of Captain Red Beard... I wonder if it means that this or a very similar character will be back in the new Pirate line?

This is getting exciting. First a pirate towel, then a pirate minifig picture, and now this!

I wonder why the hell TLC would sell all this merchandise if they weren't going to release a new pirate theme soon.

Yes, it indeed looks like the shape of Captain Red Beard... I wonder if it means that this or a very similar character will be back in the new Pirate line?

Well, at least we can be sure he will have the same shape! :pir-grin:

I wonder why the hell TLC would sell all this merchandise if they weren't going to release a new pirate theme soon.

Theoretically, they could be selling this merchandise knowing that some nostalgic AFOLs who remember the good old Pirates will buy it. In fact the shape of non other than Red Beard (and not some new, never seen before pirate) supports that.

However that's just speculation, and personally I'm sure Pirates are coming back, as I've stated a few times during the last few days... :pir-tongue:

Why yes, I think it actually does! :pir-laugh:

Well then I dont think I want to buy something with the name Ice Cube Crap. Sounds like another rip-off. :pir-hmpf_bad:

Mr. Cobra,

Please post pictures that are no larger than 800x600.

Thank you for sharing Mr. Cobra! :pir-oh:

This reinforces my thinking that TLG will be releasing Pirate soon. :pir-wub:

Can't you see the signs?

Here they are!

The prophecy is coming true! :pir-laugh:

How do we know these are new products? They seem to be in his "misc" folder along with a picture dating back to the launch of Pirate LEGO in 1989.

With these accessories it does make me wonder if the Pirate theme was meant to come out late this year and has been delayed? I can’t help but think they’d be no point in making accessories for a theme you aren’t going to sell”

How do we know these are new products? They seem to be in his "misc" folder along with a picture dating back to the launch of Pirate LEGO in 1989.

Looking at the small amount of visitors compared to some of the other pictures in that folder, I'd say this stuff has been uploaded recently.

Also note that he put the "new pirate logo" in the first picture of this folder, thus making it a thumbnail - as if he wanted to emphasize its importance:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=299476

The photos are taken from LEGO corner in Comic and Toy Fair in HK recently.

I can say that these two accessories are 2008's product,

the packages mention that they both are ©2008 The LEGO Group.

Not only these two, there is one playing card (poker) which is Pirate theme also is 2008's product.

I firstly doubt that these products may belong to the Duplo Pirate theme in 2006,

since the black background has a little bit similar to the Duplo Pirate figure keychain package.

However, this is my first time to see the new theme logo of the LEGO Pirate theme,

therefore it is probably believed that LEGO Pirate, not Duplo Pirate will be released in 2009.

But I wonder why the side products will be released earlier than the main building sets??

But I wonder why the side products will be released earlier than the main building sets??

To tease all the people who are waiting for a Pirate comeback! :jollyroger:

Sorry for not risizing pics in the first post, I thought forum autorisize was enough.

Do you happen to know what the item numbers for these accessories are whung? :pir-look:

I found the Ice Cube Tray on Bricklink, the number with that might be the item number. I can't find the dart shooter.

Well, this is probably legitimate, scince it's being sold at Billund. However, with that cartoony imagry, I feel turned offf by what LEGO may do to pirates. I can handle pirates battling islanders and all that, but ala castle, they will be battling Hydras. Either that or skeleton pirates. Sure, I like the castle theme, but normal humans fighting mythical creatures is now the rule in most themes. :pir-sceptic:

If they do that, they probably will still release some sets worth buying. And of course, set qaulity is increasing steadily.

I'm now cautiously optimistic.