• Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

indexed.gif

4478 Geonosian Fighter review

Parts:169

Figs:4

Price:�15.00 (I think)

Here is a review of the amazing Geonosian Fighter set, it was my first ever Star Wars LEGO set! Here go's...

1. Manual

Not much here although it's an old style manual cover.

dscn1890.jpg

Random shot.

dscn1891.jpg

Back.

dscn1892.jpg

2. General set and minifigs

A pic of the entire set, it has 2 reddish tan Battle Droids Geo pilot, Geo soldier, Geo Star Fighter and Geo turret.

dscn1883.jpg

The 4 figs, the droids come with backpacks.

dscn1884.jpg

Geo soldier.

dscn1885.jpg

I prefer this gun.

dscn1887.jpg

Give him a cane to become Poggle the Lesser the Geo leader.

dscn1888.jpg

Detailed legs are always nice.

dscn1904.jpg

The bodies are a little fat for Geonosians I guess but nice printing on them.

dscn1905.jpg

The head.

dscn1906.jpg

The wings.

1. dscn1907.jpg

2. dscn1908.jpg

3. dscn1909.jpg

Voila! All done

3. The Star Fighter

It has a landing gear type thing.

dscn1896.jpg

The detail on those plates.

dscn1898.jpg

The pilot in the cockpit.

dscn1899.jpg

Cockpit with canopy.

dscn1900.jpg

1 of 2 ball joint things, this is the engine.

dscn1901.jpg

2nd ball joint which is the front gun.

dscn1902.jpg

4. The turret

The turret by itself.

dscn1893.jpg

Turret with the soldier.

dscn1894.jpg

A printed round plate.

dscn1895.jpg

5. Overall

Build: 7/10 A little repetitive but enjoyable.

Minifigs: 9/10 4 that's pretty good for a set this size.

Design: 6/10 The fighter dosen't really look right nor does the turret but they are both strong.

Parts: 8/10 Lot's of interesting parts and comes with two of the ball joint things as well the minifig parts being good.

Price: 10/10 Cheap (for the UK) considering the amount of minifigs and parts.

Playability: 5/10 not much but you can have mini battles with the turret and starfighter.

Overall: 8/10 I gave it 8 because of the design which was not accurate and the low number of parts.

Thanks for reading and hope you liked it as much as I did :classic: .

Edited by KimT
indexed

Good review. :thumbup: I would get this set, but sadly they don't have it anymore.... :cry_sad: I wish they did to get those sweet figs! :thumbup: The battle droid colors are sweet! :sweet: The only set with geonosians.... :angry:

I wish they made more sets with those colored Droids as well. We should have got them with the Hailfire droid and Dwarf spider set I think. I also just noticed look the ball turret on the manual there's no markings on it.

Thanks for the review. I love these affordable little sets. Not so affordable now because of the cool figs but i'm going to have a look on eBay and bricklink right now just in case! An army of tan red droids would look great. Maybe we'll see some if Geonosia appears in the new seires somehow :sceptic: unlikely since the Confederacy was defeated at the Battle of Geonosis.

I wish I could have bought this set when it came out but i'd just left university so I was super skint and had to miss all the Ep.II sets :cry_sad: now they all cost loads even in used condition. At least now there has been a re-design of the gunship and AT-TE from the Clone Wars series that I can buy.

Great review! Man doI wish I had those red droids.

I'm using the Dell XPS-1, and holy crap is it clear. Those pics were beautiful!

~VBBN~ the pics were 12 mega pixles which is quite a lot I think, although I had to scale them down to 800x600. I used to dream that TLG would bring out these sets of the Geonosis arena and you could join them together to make a massive arena but I doubt they would ever do that. Also look out for my forth coming reviews of 4500 Snow speeder, Some TIE fighter with a LUL DV, and GG wheel bike chase. I have taken all the pics all I need to do is upload them. Also I would review the Jango Fett's Slave 1 but I have customized it so much I don't really want to revert it back to it's original state.

Edited by Skipper 24

Thanks for the review Skipper.

This is one of my favourite sets.

I really like the colour scheme and the Geonosians are awesome.

Keep up the good work

KimT

I always thought this looked liek a cool set, with lots of nice (and sadly unique) pieces. Unfortunately the only Attack of the Clones sets I got were the Jedi Starfighter and Yoda vs Dooku. Amazing sets, but I would love to have owned them all.

I'd never really looked into this set very much, so thanks for the review! :thumbup:

:skull:

This is actually one of my favorite Star Wars sets. Awesome rare pieces, and excellent construction. Geo figs are a plus too. Best of all, it's nice and cheap.

Good review! I really liked the detailed geonosians, and I hope theyre in a later set so i can get more. Knowing lego they'll release a huge arena playset with a few geos and sand red droids so people will buy the set just for them.

jifel

Good review! I really liked the detailed geonosians, and I hope theyre in a later set so i can get more. Knowing lego they'll release a huge arena playset with a few geos and sand red droids so people will buy the set just for them.

jifel

That would be a great release, but I doubt it.

KimT

I am fairly confident that something involoving geonosis will be released in 2010 but any way I had this set ( one of my first ones) but i droped the ship and it blew up. I found all the pieces but in never rebuilt the ship. Although I still have the figs ant the canon. Overall this set was above average in my opinion. Great review!!!