Sign in to follow this  
chewie

Review: Urban avenger vs. Raptor

well i just got the urban avenger vs. raptor today and here is my review

first the buggy its self is actually pretty good

post-9-1123018114.jpg

second the mini fig his torso is awsome as with his head so i would say the mini fig is the best part

sorry for the blurry picture

post-9-1123018206.jpg

and the last part the dino its self is actually ok definatley not the best part of the set but still its half decent in my opinion

post-9-1123018318.jpg

Man, I wish I could get my hands on these sets.

I've always said they didn't look THAT bad, and now we've been given the wickedest Minifigs.

And I'm interested in the dinos.

Thanks for the pics.

prateek have you ever been to bricks and blocks in st jacobs? if so go there they have all the dino set

I just picked this set up on my lunch break. I have been too curious to wait for a sale. Anyway, I skipped the buggy as I can build that anytime. I decided to try out my idea for the dinos and I think it worked out well. I managed to build a decent looking saddle . It is setup to control the raptors movements and has two short barreled 50 calibur machine guns with ammo drums. It also has an antenna for tracking the dino down incase the driver gets killed or eaten by the dino :^D .

I will take some pictures tonight. I must say if you like the dinos even a little then these sets are great. I love the color scheme and the minifigs look like advanced navy seals or something like that. I don't know if you can attach anything on the backs of the small dinos as they are studless. Maybe rubberbands might work.

I know, double posting. It must be done!

Anyway, I snapped some pics when I got home from work. Check out the early draft of my idea. It only uses parts from 7474 Urban Avenger versus Raptor.

img_0231.jpg

The other views are HEREand HERE.

This opens up an extra use for the dinos, at least the raptor and t-rex. Does anyone have a t-rex to try it on?

I think it is something that needs a little work and some better weapons but it could easily be used in a scifi setting.

hey that actually looks pretty good but one suggestion maby move the guns closer into the body of the raptor so it doesnt look wide but other then that it looks pretty good

My first design had the guns closer. Not that it matters because it is all imaginary anyway but the raptor would have lost his arms. I had to move them further out to prevent that.

do you live in europe?

I live in sunny Scotland!

But my brother is moving to the US for 10 months, so I may just send them to him.

My first design had the guns closer. Not that it matters because it is all imaginary anyway but the raptor would have lost his arms. I had to move them further out to prevent that.

oh well then i guess you cant have a dino running around armless ;)

prateek have you ever been to bricks and blocks in st jacobs? if so go there they have all the dino set

I go up to that Bricks and Blocks all the time! I live in toronto so it is a big drive maybe we could meet up sometime?

I go up to that Bricks and Blocks all the time! I live in toronto so it is a big drive maybe we could meet up sometime?

maby I tend to go there alot maby like once a week not quite im kinda friends with the owner and the manager Sue..and with everyone who works there really

i dont even know wher st jacobs is but btw that store sound great *wub*