• Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

indexed.gif

Price: 569 kr

Minifigs: 2

Pieces: 592

Stickers: 9 (My sticker sheet wasn’t curled up)

Overview:

7679_review021.jpg

Before I start I will apologize for the bad quality of the pictures. It is getting dark here right now, so some of the pictures are a bit dark.

1) Minifigs:

The set comes with two of the new Clone Wars clone troopers, which in my opinion are pretty cool. It also comes with two short blasters and a bag of clone accessories.

Figs with helmets:

7679_review006.jpg

Figs without helmets:

7679_review007.jpg

2) The tank:

This thing is HUGE (25cm long and 22cm wide), and far oversized in my opinion, but looks great nonetheless. I very much like the white and dark red color scheme, mixed with a bit of lime green (even though there is no lime green bricks ;) ).

Left side:

7679_review009.jpg

Right side:

7679_review010.jpg

Back side:

7679_review015.jpg

Both of the wings contain a hidden compartment to store the blasters and a part that rotates to reveal three flickfire missiles. The front opens up as well to reveal the engine. The side guns and the gun on the top rotate.

Inside the cockpit is space for two figs; one seated in front of two computer screens and one placed in a moveable seat, which moves up and down, allowing the fig to pop up the top hatch and staying hidden while the hatch is closed. This function is triggered by opening the backdoor.

Hidden compartment and missiles:

7679_review011.jpg

Engine:

7679_review012.jpg

Top hatch (open/closed):

7679_review013.jpg

7679_review014.jpg

Interior:

7679_review016.jpg

3) Rating:

Build: 9/10 Not much to say here.

Minifigs: 7/10 An extra fig or two would have been great; eventually a Jedi or a commando.

Design: 8/10 This only looses a couple of points for being oversized, but it’s a great looking model.

Parts: 10/10 At 592 parts, this is one of the CW sets with the best parts/price ratio.

Price: 8/10 Sure this thing is great, but I think its overpriced at 569 kr. (approx. $120). When build it feels more like a 450 kr. Set.

Final verdict: 9/10 Despite some flaws this thing is definitely recommended, and it looks great on your shelf, too ;)

I know it would really go well with the RGS but it is not enough for £50.

Ill wait for the Sales at Christmas.

Nice review :thumbup: , for Portugal it costs 60€. I also consider it oversized, it shold be the third of that size...

Portugal and Spain may have good prices but 90€ for the V-19 must be a tippo.

Finally a review of this, thanks!

120 bucks? This tank looks tiny and though it's amazingly detailed it should have been smaller and only 40/50 bucks at most. It just doesn't play that big a part man. Good pieces and mechanisms but no one's going to both buying a 120 buck tank, no offence, not unless it it's the AT-TE.

Finally a review of this, thanks!

120 bucks? This tank looks tiny and though it's amazingly detailed it should have been smaller and only 40/50 bucks at most. It just doesn't play that big a part man. Good pieces and mechanisms but no one's going to both buying a 120 buck tank, no offence, not unless it it's the AT-TE.

$120 is the price here in Denmark. It will most likely be the same price as the V-19 Torrent everywhere else, so you dont have to worry about that :wink:

Thanks for the review! I think this is my favourite Clone Wars set, behind the Republic Gunship.

One question...

7679_review011.jpg

Do the top panels on the rotating rocket assembly mounted in the skids pop off regularly when you flip them back and forth? The ones on the version I built from the instructions posted online seem to eject with the slightest provocation :hmpf_bad:

I'll probably get this in Hong Kong where LEGO is cheap next time I go there to visit my relatives. Also pretty nice review, a few more pics couldn't hurt. :tongue:

Also are there just two of the same white control computers for the controls? That's what it looks like in the instructions.

Edited by Skipper 24

Thanks for the review, Christian, I was hoping for one soon :sweet:. This set really looks good, but as you said, rather big. The figs are good, and I agree that Ki-Adi Mundi should be included. I like the hidden compartments for the blasters and missiles, and the cockpit is really cool, considering it seats two (I thought only one). I will surely pick this up sometime. :thumbup:

One question...

7679_review011.jpg

Do the top panels on the rotating rocket assembly mounted in the skids pop off regularly when you flip them back and forth? The ones on the version I built from the instructions posted online seem to eject with the slightest provocation :hmpf_bad:

They do fall off from time to time, but not as easily as you describe.

I'll probably get this in Hong Kong where LEGO is cheap next time I go there to visit my relatives. Also pretty nice review, a few more pics couldn't hurt. :tongue:

Also are there just two of the same white control computers for the controls? That's what it looks like in the instructions.

Yes. Its two identical white slopes decorated with computer screens.

Nice review, thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Looks like a really nice set and I'll be picking it up eventually when it makes it to the US.

This is my favorite set in the Clone Wars wave, and I'll be picking it up without a doubt... that is, whenever the folks at LEGO decide that it's okay for us to buy their sets in US.

Thank you for the first ever review of the fighter tank. I like this set and every features it offers. But I think that the engine could have a better look than just four green cylinders in a grey piece.

Great review! I really like the look of this set, and having played a lot of battlefront I am quite keen to pick one up in Australia when it comes out (after the DS is paid off)

Looks like some nice greebling and cool colour scheme too. :thumbup:

I am 100% going to get this set! :sweet: It should be about $55 and if it is, i'll get it without a doubt! :thumbup: I just hope that this set is $50-$60. :cry_happy: If it isn't, then we have a problem... :cry_sad:

This and the AT-TE and the Spider tank and maybe the droid gunship are the few Clone wars sets I'll buy. I loved playing as this tank in the Clone wars video game( even better with cheat codes for EXTRA MISSILE SPAM :tongue: ), so this is a must get.

Thanks for posting the review, I’ve been wondering about this set. To me it does feel a bit fig light, for £50 I’d expect maybe one or two more clones. I’m not to sure about the oversized issue, it seems to me it’s better to have something a bit to large and have a better level or features than something smaller will less.

This set costs a S$100 in singapore.I went to Hng Kong too see lego and the shops there are more expensive by a few dollars.However,I went to Australia before and everything there is the same price but when there is a sale it becomes very cheap!Anyway, thanks for the review!I was wondering about the details of this set.The clone's faces look a lot like anakin's face.Why is that so?I thought it is supposed to look like jango's?

Christian, thanks for this outstanding review! :thumbup:

I have been waiting for this moment for someone to do up an excellent review like this. Republic Fighter Tank is my 2nd favourite set, in my Clone Wars list. The 2 Clone Troopers could be easily add up to your RGS, since it offer only more trooper. However, I felt that this set is quite overpriced. In fact, all Clone War sets are very expensive.

The Fighter Tank, has a very great color combination of red and white to represent the Republic. The wheels below is the most impressive feature, which enable the hovering feel. The hatch is a neat feature as well. However, I noticed there is a rubber band within the control panel. May I know what is it for?

I really enjoy viewing this review. You had given the insight which will eventually determined whether to get it any sooner or later. :blush:

This set costs a S$100 in singapore.I went to Hng Kong too see lego and the shops there are more expensive by a few dollars.However,I went to Australia before and everything there is the same price but when there is a sale it becomes very cheap!

Hello pr0visorak. You are from Singapore as well. Welcome to Eurobricks! I hope you will do an introduction to the rest of the members in this forum. :wink:

In Singapore, it cost SGD$100.00 In fact, that was the promotional price. Therefore, there is no further discount for it.

I personally think this is a great set, but a little pricey. I wish it was available in the US though. :wacko:

Im definatly gonna get the ATTE. Im thinking about getting the spider droid and fighter tank. I alredy own the older version of the republic gunship (but i still want it)

I loved playing as this tank in the Clone wars video game( even better with cheat codes for EXTRA MISSILE SPAM :tongue: )

sorry to get off topic... But i own that game! I liked playing as the republic gunship the best!