25 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• 1 - Poor
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding

Hello all Eurobricks members and Town Lovers,

Today, I will be doing up a review on my one and only Paradisa set in my town collection. Sidewalk Cafe, is not the regular coffee stop such as Starbucks or the grand Cafe Corner. It's supposed to be on the sidewalk beside your regular roads. Sidewalk cafe, does not offer coffee. It offers ice cream! :blush:

Name: Sidewalk Cafe

Theme: LEGO System / Town

Year: 1994

Pieces: 43

Minifigs: 2

Price: USD$7.25

An image of a 6402, Sidewalk Cafe

1.jpg

*Ding Ding* Hello!

11.jpg

Sidewalk Cafe is the regular ice cream station that locates in beaches, selling cool tasty ice cream in a hot sunny day where you are able to see babes riding on bicycles and etc. This is a very nice simple set, that comes under the Paradisa theme where resorts, beach activities, enterainment comes in. Yes, this set is an excellent addition to any towns for a great ice cream stop in any junctions of your roads, parks, beaches. It can be anywhere in your town to sell ice cream where most citizens will defintely love to have a taste of it. :blush:

Let's take a better look at them!

3.jpg

The red bicycle on your left is a very good alternate transport other than motorcycle. Well, I look red bicycle and it looks very handy for a good outdoor ride in a bright sunny day.

The ice cream man looks great in that tight fit wear of his. He certainly looks good in that outfit, especially with that moustache of his. I love the blue lines of his torsos. It really match very well with its blue cap.

The hot lady on the right, is one of the best looking female town mini-figures. Her face looks very sweet especially with that sexy outfit. Personally, I love both mini-figures very much, and it's not an expensive set to own the both of them. Great way to expand more citizens in your town, especially increasing your female population in that era. :laugh:

*Can I have a cup of strawberry ice cream?*

5.jpg

The set up of the Sidewalk Cafe is pretty simple. With a few pillars and foilage at the back, a small table and an ice cream counter for your customers to select the variety. I must admit that this set offer great expansion. I am sure it's not a common thing to see a "cafe" selling ice cream on the streets. :wink:

Ice Cream Counter

7.jpg

The front of the ice cream counter is made up of sticker. :cry_sad:

However, that sticker looks real nice. I am quite sure if the sticker is not there, it will not look obvious that it is selling ice cream.

Upper view of the Ice Cream Counter

6.jpg

There are so many flavours for them to choose from. Sizes can range from small cups to big cups. You can even do it via self service at the counter by pulling the lever.

Interesting Parts

2.jpg

These parts are very uncommon because it is pink! And for collectors or builders whom are interested in pink elements, these are very good accessories to complement with your buildings or sets.

I believe that the most rare and unique parts is the ice cream flavoured tiles. These are not stickers. These are printed tiles and is only available in this Sidewalk Cafe. These tiles looks very nice and is the main attraction why these people wants to visit this outlet. Look at the four delicious flavours! :tongue:

Different views of Sidewalk Cafe

8.jpg

9.jpg

Relax yourself, with a cup of ice cream! :sweet:

10.jpg

Summary review

Playability: 8.5/10 (Directing your town citizens where the ice cream is, they are sure to enjoy a nice cup)

Design: 8.5/10 (Simple design with a low number of bricks, yet able to demostrate great ice cream station)

Price: 9.0/10 (An inexpensive set based on the 1994 pricing. It comes with 2 mini-figs. red bicycle and the rare printed ice cream tiles)

Overall: 8.6/10 (Which town do not need a Sidewalk Cafe? I think this is a great add on to any town.)

I gave it a "5" based on my Review Score Card. :wink: What about yours?

Hope everyone of you enjoyed reading this simple review of mine. Comments and Critics are strongly welcomed.

Pictures can be found in My Brickshelf (When moderated)

Great review Whitefang! :thumbup: I gave this set a "4", because it is really cool, and I think it would be a great addition to any city! :classic: I wish I had it, but I don't.... :cry_sad:

Edited by lego12

Cool review WhiteFang.

I'm sooo jealous! I must get those tiles...

And that gal is suh-huh-weet!!!!!

Now that my girlfriend has come home, I must now be faithful.... :sceptic:

~ A.S.

Thanks for another great review! I thik i also owned this when i was a kid and always loved how simple and small yet effective it was. I actually like the whole paradisa theme, the only minus point for me is the color scheme, which sometimes let it seem like a girlie theme. Other than that - great! :thumbup:

Thanks for posting this review. I have one or two of those tiles, and I always wondered what they were. I have an ice cream vender cart on my layout, and now I can add some LEGO ice cream tiles!

Thanks for your kind comments! :classic:

actually like the whole paradisa theme, the only minus point for me is the color scheme, which sometimes let it seem like a girlie theme. Other than that - great! :thumbup:

I quite regret to pass out, Paradisa theme. In fact, it's a great theme with fanastic sets. At that time, I was still young and I thought these theme was for girls, but I am so dead wrong. :sad:

I have one or two of those tiles, and I always wondered what they were. I have an ice cream vender cart on my layout, and now I can add some LEGO ice cream tiles!

Glad my review has some help to you. It will be nice to add on to your ice cream cart. I wonder how will it look like after its addition? :sweet:

Never knew about those tiles. I may have to see if I can snag a few off bricklink...

Nice work WF.

Steve

great review. :thumbup:

It would be so nice if TLC make something like this for next years city. :classic: (no, please! No new firemen! :cry_sad::laugh::wink: )