Bonaparte

==> ALL MEMBERS: Please read! <==

Lately, while visiting our Star Wars forum, I've notice the maturity level might have dropped a bit.

This is still a forum for a mature and adult audience and I'm going to ask everyone to do the following:

1. All posts should use capital letters and punctuation (things like , . ! ? " ' ;) where appropriate. Example: hi i really like this set --> Should be: Hi, I really like this set.

2. Don't just post 1 sentence, but try to write at least 4 or 5 well structured sentences while posting.

3. Don't use a lot of smileys while posting.

4. Be friendly and give constructive criticism.

5. Stay on-topic

6. Think before you post.

Follow these guidelines and adjust your behavior if needed. Now that these guidelines are shared, myself and the staff won't hesitate to remove those who don't follow them!

- Bonaparte

Typos, I live with (Being the No 1 producer of typos here), but that is just plain, well, annoying.

If I can make a suggestion, I think the board software should allow to make a minimum lenth for a sentence, like lets say 50 charachters.

Stauder.

Edited by Stauder

I think that was really needed, thanks Bonaparte. :sweet: I hope people will improve at these things, like some members I know did. Also, I've been wondering about abbreviations like "LOL" and "JK". Are they OK to use or not? Not that they are used frequently around here, but I do notice them. :sceptic:

Ive noticed the low level to. Im not boasting but I have tryed to calm people down in the 2008 Thread.

You're trying to give us rules when you cant even realize that there are two number 4's. :tongue:

Agreed. The problem is that the internet allows you to be anonyomous, so kids will just get on, and start saying all sorts of rude things that would never other wise be tolerated. Have you ever read comments on a Youtube video? It's all illiterates calling eachother gay and telling eachother to "go f@*&" eachother. It's probably going to ruin this generation.

Also, I've been wondering about abbreviations like "LOL" and "JK". Are they OK to use or not? Not that they are used frequently around here, but I do notice them. :sceptic:

Ugh, I hate it when people overuse stuff like that. And every time I hear a girl say oh-em-gee in public it makes me want to punch a wall. It's just so dang irritating! :thumbdown: My friends say JK a lot, and half of them are on the football team. :tongue: Go figure.

DSR

Well said, Bonaparte. Finally, a topic like this emerges! :thumbup: Now let's see if this works...pehaps pinning this will help? :classic:

I'm OK with you guys asking questions here. Better ask now if something is unclear :wink:

Typos, I live with (Being the No 1 producer of typos here), but that is just plain, well, annoying.

If I can make a suggestion, I think the board software should allow to make a minimum lenth for a sentence, like lets say 50 charachters.

Stauder.

I've got no problem with typo's from time to time. That's why there is no reference to typo's in my post.

I think that was really needed, thanks Bonaparte. :sweet: I hope people will improve at these things, like some members I know did. Also, I've been wondering about abbreviations like "LOL" and "JK". Are they OK to use or not? Not that they are used frequently around here, but I do notice them. :sceptic:

LOL and JK are generally used on internet boards. But too much in 1 post is not acceptable.

Ive noticed the low level to. Im not boasting but I have tryed to calm people down in the 2008 Thread.

It's "I've and I'm" :wink:

You're trying to give us rules when you cant even realize that there are two number 4's. :tongue:

Thanks for letting me know. Now that's fixed :classic:

Agreed.

Glad you agree :pir-wink:

Well said, Bonaparte. Finally, a topic like this emerges! :thumbup: Now let's see if this works...pehaps pinning this will help? :classic:

Yes, it was time for doing this. I'm all for giving everyone a second chance, so this is it. But starting from now (all look at the time of my initial post) the rules written will apply and the staff and myself will take swift actions against everyone who's not following them.

Harsh dude. Harsh. As I said, typos happen, it's murphy's law. If something can go wrong it will. Ie - Shit happens.

Also, I completley agree Norrington. And it's not a thing about age. There's tons of people here, younger than me (15) that make less gramatical errors than I do, and alot of them are quite polite. It's something I cant understand. Why do it?

@ SirNadoj, Not pinning my friend, Front paging. Adding it to the rules even (It's probably there, but I doubt anyone actually reads them, I read them once, forgot them then just went by common sence what is decent to post and what is not.)

Stauder.

Edited by Stauder

This was definitely needed. Well said Bonaparte, hopefully people will adhere to the rules you've set.

From experience, that doesn't work.

All that happens is stuff like this:

LOL!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx(50 characters)

Dr. S.

These rules are awkward, but they are good ones! What if all you want to say is a few words, but they mean a lot? If that makes any sense...

:skull:

Harsh dude. Harsh. As I said, typos happen, it's murphy's law. If something can go wrong it will. Ie - Shit happens.

Stauder.

I know it sounded harsh but I didn't mean for it to sound harsh. :classic:

I know its a Mature community but we sound like a bunch of grumpy old men in retirement homes! :yoda:

These rules are awkward, but they are good ones! What if all you want to say is a few words, but they mean a lot? If that makes any sense...

Often I see members writing 1 word when commenting on a MOC or review. Example: "Cool!".

Well, if "Cool!" is all someone can manage to write as a comment, then there is no place for this member on an adult community like Eurobricks. That's the meaning behind what I wrote. So from now on, writing only "cool" is not "cool" anymore and will get you kicked under the butt and locked in lonely place :skull:

Wow, everyone on this board is acting like everything here is terrible. This board uses 100X better grammar than ANY other board I've been on before. I mean, go spend like five minutes on BZP, Gamefaqs, or any of the chans and this place as it stands will look like grammar heaven. I mean, most people here atleast TRY to be grownup and not just get all silly/crazy with their typing.

Off my little rant about the internet beign a pit of bad typing... Does all this apply to non english speakers? A non native english speaker is normally more obvious than some dumb kid you just types gibberish but it is just something to consider...

Edit: Ha! Typos!

Edited by Kakihara Smile

Wow, everyone on this board is acting like everything here is terrible. This board uses 100X better grammar than ANY other board I've been on before. I mean, go spend like five minutes on BZP, Gamefaqs, or any of the chans and this place as it stands will look like grammar heaven. I mean, most people here atleast TRY to be grownup and not just get all silly/crazy with their typing.

What happens on other boards is the least of my concerns. What happens on Eurobricks is all I care about.

Off my little rant about the internet beign a pit of bad typing... Does all this apply to non english speakers? A non native english speaker is normally more obvious than some dumb kid you just types gibberish but it is just something to consider...

The rules as I wrote them apply to everyone. Even a non native English speaker (like myself) knows that each sentence starts with a capital letter (same for names) and ends with a '.' or ',' or '!' or '?'.

The rules as I wrote them apply to everyone. Even a non native English speaker (like myself) knows that each sentence starts with a capital letter (same for names) and ends with a '.' or ',' or '!' or '?'.

Since when has a comma been needed at the end of a sentence? :wacko:

Since when has a comma been needed at the end of a sentence? :wacko:

Do you want a shoc(k)? :devil:

Do you want a shoc(k)? :devil:

No thank you...

Or should that be, "No thank you," :tongue::sceptic:

I definatly agree with this statement.

The thing is, many underaged people are joining here, mainly for the SW forum. These members aren't using the apropriate types of behavior. Thanks for clearing this up. :thumbup:

No thank you...

Someone got a new title :tongue:

Now on topic before or I'll be giving you a new tag!

No thank you...

Oh, think y

_________o

__________u

___________r

____________'

_____________e__________________________________________preTTy

________________________________________________________cle\/er,

______________________________________________________________huh, Punk?

-E.Email Cummings

:tongue:

But seriously, we should have some sort of filter that automatically reformats posts with poor grammar and spelling into proper English before they are posted (not spell check, like the A$$hole = MEGABLOK. A filter.)

EDIT: Post corrected my purposley bad formating. Fixed that.

Edited by Norrington

But seriously, we should have some sort of filter that automatically reformats posts with poor grammar and spelling into proper English before they are posted (not spell check, like the A$$hole = MEGABLOK. A filter.)

Either I dont understand you, or you think that sweaing is not allowed, but it actually is. To a certain limit of course... Or I belive it is, Dont quote me on that if you get into trouble.

OR

You plan to filter out stuff which is chat speak, which is a good idea, but too damn hard to do, because I have looked at forums from the Admin's POV, and filter work that you tell them what NOT to let in instead of what to let in, either way each word has to be imputted manually.

Stauder.