43 members have voted

1. 1. Vote your opinion

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

indexed.gif

HELLOOOOO! Eurobricks! Today I bring you a review of the homing spider droid. The box may say limited edition, but availability is no problem here. :classic:

1). Box

Simple clean and impressive, good job TLC. :thumbup:

005.jpg

006.jpg

2). contents

3 bags and a small manual, NO STICKERS :sing: ! and little wasted space in the box :sweet:

007.jpg

3). Minifigs

*B1 battle droid

*OOM command battle droid

*B2 super battle droid

*Clone trooper in Phase I armor

*Commander Fox (I :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: this fig!)

008.jpg

3a). Commander Fox

He deserves his own section. :thumbup:

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

4). Build: OG-9 homing spider droid

This build should take you at a maximum: 15 minutes. It is that fast.

By the end of the the first two pages you get this:

012.jpg

You bulk it up next two pages

013.jpg

Then it looks like battle carnage.

014.jpg

And build a second pair of legs.

015.jpg

After that you build and attach this laser (now it looks like one)

016.jpg

The second to last part is building the legs: starting at the feet.

017.jpg

And then add the legs.

018.jpg

When added this thing becomes a real monstrosity.

019.jpg

You finally end with the lower laser cannon: starting with the attachment system.

020.jpg

And attaching it...

021.jpg

Then finish with building and attaching the lower laser.

022.jpg

023.jpg

5). Spares

lots of clone trooper gear. good to deck out the other one. :classic:

025.jpg

6). Final thoughts.

As one can tell from here, this thing dwarfs minifigs.

024.jpg

Can Fox stand up to it's might?

026.jpg

*squish* Nope, gues not...

027.jpg

:tongue:

This set is well worth it and easy to get. Do it! Do it NOUGH!

Edited by KimT

A good review, is it your first? I really want to get this set, all of its aspects are great! Awesome figs, awesome set. The first pics are a little blurry, but I'm sure that's not a problem if you can fix it. :sweet: I need a fast build after two big sets, so this is next on my list. :wub:

Aww, man! I was hoping I could find this in the next few days and review it. :hmpf_bad:

Now I want it more, but probably won't do a review. Well, I might if I'm bored. :skull:

Anyway, thanks for the review!

DSR

A good review, is it your first? I really want to get this set, all of its aspects are great! Awesome figs, awesome set. The first pics are a little blurry, but I'm sure that's not a problem if you can fix it. :sweet: I need a fast build after two big sets, so this is next on my list. :wub:

This actually marks my third review (the others are in my Sig).

Edited by Wilhelm screamer

Nice review, Would be better without the blurries. The commander Fox minifigure has such a cool torso form looking at these pics also how poseable are those legs?

Nice review.

I picked one of these up on Monday, so I have just a few thoughts to add.

The entire droid was fairly wobbly, in my opinion. I've already exchanged the 16 blay Technic Pins with 16 black Pins with Friction. The legs end up MUCH more posable. I highly suggest this mod for anyone that buys this set. Black pins with friction are one of the most common extra pieces, so chances are most of you have enough spares lying around.

The Clones are rather nice. Commander Fox looks especially good. I'm hoping a Phase I clone battle pack, or else Fox (and the other commanders) are going to have squads of one.

Those four 1 x 2 Plates with Handle are not spares. They go on the feet, opposite the other four 1 x 2 Plates with Handle. Did you leave them off for aestheetics, or just miss the step? Just curious.

Edited by Walter Kovacs

Nice review. :thumbup: I really loved this set. The only problem I found was that the spider droid seemed to be a bit wobbly, but other than that its a wonderful set, and a must get.

Edited by CloneMe

Pins with Friction are pretty much the standard in LEGO sets nowadays. If you have a black technic pin, and it has slots in it, it's a pin with friction. I'm not sure when they started doing this, but I'd guess at least 8 years, give or take a few.

Any Gray pins that you get in recent sets will be frictionless. LEGO generally puts the black pins in sets unless there's a reason for having the frictionless pins.

Aww, man! I was hoping I could find this in the next few days and review it. :hmpf_bad:

Now I want it more, but probably won't do a review. Well, I might if I'm bored. :skull:

Not to derail the review (which was excellent, thanks!) ... but I've read comments like this lots of times on EB, and I don't get it. Why is only the first person to buy a set allowed to review it? There are now people putting "placeholder" threads up saying "I got the set and will review it soon so nobody else review it first!!" What a ridiculous thing to do! Is there room on EB for only one opinion on a set?? Does someone else putting their review up first somehow devalue everyone else's opinion??

Man, I'd love to see dozens of reviews for EVERY set. More pictures, more thoughts, more suggestions for improvement ... why limit it to just the first guy lucky enough to find it?? Doesn't make sense to me.

Anyway, sorry for the tangent. Thanks again for the review! Those new clonetrooper accessories are very slick.

Those minifigs are great ... I'm really looking forward to getting this set.

Question though, on two reviews now (of this set and the Twilight) I see the box says "limited edition" ... how many of the Clone Wars sets are "limited" in this way? And does it just mean that the sets are exclusive to certain stores ?

Right now there are 2 exclusives, The Twilight and this Spider Droid.

They can only be found at Toys R Us.

Isn't the Droid Gunship one too. I looked on ebay and there really isnt any there. Its strange cause I saw them at my local lego store.

And on S@H.

The Droid Gunship is available anywhere. I've seen it at TRU, Target and Wal-Mart.

The Republic Tank that is due out in October is probably going to be a Target Exclusive.

The same thing happened last year with the Sith Infiltrator (Wal-Mart only?) and the Hoth Base and Republic Cruiser (TRU exclusives).

Whichever one I find first... this or the Droid Gunship... I'm getting right there and then. 39.99 is a lot of money but if I've got it, I'm willing to spend it. The Homing Spider Droid looks very good, again thanks for the review! And the gunship will give air support. Plus, they'll have a hero... Asajj Ventress... to support them. That's 4 battle droids, 1 super battle droid and Asajj Ventress, plus the AAT and Droid BP for next year will add lots more troops. The clones will have the LAAT, the Republic Fighter Tank, and the Shuttle next year. Might skip the battle pack, depending. That's a lot of clones including 2 commanders, loads and loads of Jedi, and a fitting ending to my love for Lego.

Sorry bout that. I love Commander Fox though, he's pretty cool with the red armour. I think Cody's okay, as is Rex. But they both have bright colours, not the dark red Fox has.

You know how cool it would be to have a Female Clone Commander? Yeah, that cool.

That really is cool.I like commander fox's armour!THe spider droid also looks like it can really cause some damage!I agree that it would be cool if there was a female clone commander.It would be fun thinking of the color.I think that Lego can use pink!They can't use purple though because it is for the clone knight unit.The lego clone wars sets are all already here in singapore!I did not think that it would all be so expensive though...

Thanks for the review.

It has been indexed - keep up the good work.

KimT

:cry_sad: Are you sure? That means I'll never get it :hmpf_bad:

Anyway great review :thumbup: Do you think you could take some overall shots please :classic:

Hehe. Nice review! :thumbup: I liked that last part. :laugh:

I got this set too, and I am quite happy with it, even though I still think it's overpriced.

What I like least about this set: The HSD is kinda unstable on it's feet and is not as posable as I would like it to be, but at least it doesn't fall over.

What I like best about this set: The fact that you get two spare new blasters and twisted droid arms with it (if you don't give one of the blasters to the droid commander that is, who shouldn't have one IMO)! This way, you can exchange the normal arms with megaphones on them of two of the BDs from your Droid BP with them! :thumbup:

I can recommend this set - it's definately one of the best this year!

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Great review Wilhelm!

I bought this set last week and had some photos ready for a review too, but you beat me to it :wink:

Here's my shot of the complete set:

7681-complete.jpg

This is a wicked set, a bit overpriced, but still too cheap to miss and a limited edition too! The Homing Spider Droid model is really cool but similar to what many have said, it's a bit like a spider on rollerskates when you try to pose it! It felt like a bit of a learning curve trying to get him in the right position.

The massive bonus comes in the form of Commander Fox and the clonetrooper. Fox is an awesome minifig, the designs on his armour are extremely detailed and look fantastic. The clonetrooper accessories are excellent too, with enought to share between several troopers (I used the additional acessories to turn the other clonetrooper into Commande Flux!). I think it's a dead cert they'll release these as a battlepack and I can't wait 'til they do.

I took several close-up photos of Commander Fox with the various different combinations of the clone accessories. If anyone wants me to post the pictures let me know. I can post them here or in another thread.

I think your review is very helpful I am thinking about grabbing this set and the AT-TE today while I am at Toys-R-Us.

hey Pedro, Id like to see what all the clone accesories look like if you don't mind putting the pics up

Check the first post of the review. There's a few fine pics of the clones there. Acc. belt and guns!

KimT