After exploring Planet U, the Rock Raiders discovered another unknown planet in the galaxy.

Planet ONYXX is much larger than Planet U, contains dangerous rivers and waterfalls, deep caves, rough terrain and dangerous rock pikes.

The Rock Raiders discovered that Planet ONYXX contains the same kind of energy crystals as Planet U.... With this information, the Rock Raiders travelled to Planet ONYXX. When arrived at Planet ONYXX, the Rock Raiders set up an new HQ, much more refined than the HQ at Planet U.

The new base contains a large crane, Dual-speeder Dock, Modular Tool-Store, small landing platform, cargo and miner lift, small and large laser-unit, Teleport-platform, Research Laboratory and a Ore Transport System. The Rock Raiders HQ is developed to split ores, to do some research of the energy crystals and do fast transport from and to the HQ.

The Rock Raiders also developed new mining vehicles, some of them are modular, so they can swap some elements to create new functionality on an existing mining vehicle.

The mining vehicles will be used in the large caves of Planet ONYXX, were only the heaviest mining machinery will operate.

Take your mining equipment and start mining!! :thumbup::grin:

Pictures:

53837764378_a01d6280de_k.jpg01_Planet_ONYXX_Expedition by Mathijs Bongers, on Flickr

53836615852_8edc23d33a_k.jpg02_Planet_ONYXX_Expedition by Mathijs Bongers, on Flickr

53837764383_728f80614f_h.jpg03_Planet_ONYXX_Expedition by Mathijs Bongers, on Flickr

53837764368_34648ced99_k.jpg06_Planet_ONYXX_Expedition by Mathijs Bongers, on Flickr

53837860949_61e5c38f93_k.jpg07_Planet_ONYXX_Expedition by Mathijs Bongers, on Flickr

53837764038_ecf81f418a_h.jpg30_Planet_ONYXX_Expedition by Mathijs Bongers, on Flickr

See more pictures at Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/mathijslegofan/albums/72177720318521449/with/53837764038/

Hope you like it! I'll post detailed pictures of the vehicles soon. 

This is incredible. The attention to detail and variety is impressive and I love the lights in the caves to add to the overall environment. 

The only thing missing is a couple of rock monsters! Lovely build, it is chockfull of details, even at such a scale.

This is awesome, just awesome ...

What is the size of your MOC? How do you transport it?

Yeah this is magnificent,  those tall rock formations are so good, they do a nice job framing the entire build. Great job with the terrain overall, but everything is outstanding. 

Wicked scene. This thing is huge and is the best Rock Raiders scene I've ever gazed upon. Your integration of new pieces to keep the feel of the original theme (especially the safety cage bars) is wonderful.

On 7/6/2024 at 9:33 PM, The Reader said:

This is awesome, just awesome ...

What is the size of your MOC? How do you transport it?

The MOC is about eight 48x48 baseplates. 

Width: 4 48x48 baseplates

Depth: 2 48X48 baseplates.

I've built it in several separate modules, which I can put together to get this large rock landscape. It took me about two hours (at a LEGO event) to connect all baseplates together and put everything on the correct position.