Sign in to follow this  
Mister Phes

[CONTEST] The Infamous Steve - Creative Critic - Now with THREE ways to WIN Prizes!

924 posts

Posted (edited)

I nominate @Yperio_Bricks to be a creative critic. 

Hopefully I did this correctly? If not I apologize. We must have some lawyers in this group, with all these rules and guidelines :pir_tong2: I kid of course, just making jokes. 

Edited by Captain Pirate Man

25102 posts

29 minutes ago, Captain Pirate Man said:

Hopefully I did this correctly?

Nominations take place after entries close to determine the Grand Prize Winner of those who have been participating in the Creative Critic.

You're not supposed to nominate someone to be a Creative Critic! :pir_tong2:

Although, now I've seen it happen, it doesn't seem like such a bad idea.

29 minutes ago, Captain Pirate Man said:

We must have some lawyers in this group, with all these rules and guidelines :pir_tong2: I kid of course, just making jokes. 

Oh aye, all the fine print!

I didn't think anybody would actually read that.

On 7/1/2024 at 1:07 PM, Horation said:

I also reached 25, but I haven't checked who did it first. So it will come down to a first-past-the-post contest.

Congratulations!  You were the first to reach 25 Replies!

If you've like to claim your 35€ Prize, please:

• Send me your postal address in a Private Message
  • Tell us which set you'd like out of those available on your local LEGO.com
  • Do you have a sigfig? Or LEGO minifigure which represents your online presence?  It would be nice to have face when we post the winner announcement.

On 6/30/2024 at 10:36 AM, Math Wizard said:

Also I'm going to be away for a few weeks, so probably won't have any more posts after Monday until mid-July. :pirate-sad

When do you get back?

We might be able to postpone the next challenge until your return.

2643 posts

4 hours ago, Captain Pirate Man said:

Hopefully I did this correctly? If not I apologize. We must have some lawyers in this group, with all these rules and guidelines :pir_tong2: I kid of course, just making jokes. 

Thanks that you think of me, but i don't want to be a creative critic :pir-blush:

41 posts

6 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

When do you get back?

We might be able to postpone the next challenge until your return.

I should be returning the 17th of July. Thanks for running this contest- It was a lot of fun, as creative writing is one of my three main hobbies, and I was able to combine it with LEGO in these contests!

25102 posts

3 hours ago, Math Wizard said:

I should be returning the 17th of July. Thanks for running this contest- It was a lot of fun, as creative writing is one of my three main hobbies, and I was able to combine it with LEGO in these contests!

You provided some excellent feedback so you put your creative writing skills to good use!

It will probably take me until July 17 to get the next challenge prepared anyway...

5 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Thanks that you think of me, but i don't want to be a creative critic :pir-blush:

What about someone who updates the Entries Index?

If so, can provide guidance as there is a certain procedure.

143 posts

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Captain Pirate Man said:

*reluctantly raises hand* 

Full time lawyer here 😵💫

Although all the rules etc for the contest stem from @Mister Phes !

Edited by Samarth

25102 posts

11 hours ago, Samarth said:

Although all the rules etc for the contest stem from @Mister Phes !

I'm guided by Spinoza, Classic Pirate's legal representative.

lego-pirates-spinoza-legal.jpg

924 posts

2 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

That's a chunky monkey 🐒 Look at the teeth on that thing. 

143 posts

On 7/3/2024 at 6:56 AM, Mister Phes said:

Excellent. But the background says no imperial guards? Coincidence? I think not!

924 posts

2 hours ago, Samarth said:

Excellent. But the background says no imperial guards? Coincidence? I think not!

That's awesome!! Nice catch BTW!! 

375 posts

On 7/2/2024 at 10:14 AM, Mister Phes said:

It will probably take me until July 17 to get the next challenge prepared anyway...

Any chance of getting a hint at what the next challenge will involve, or is it, like Steve's background, a mystery?

25102 posts

1 hour ago, Horation said:

Any chance of getting a hint at what the next challenge will involve, or is it, like Steve's background, a mystery?

The next challenge depends upon sufficient interest from participants.

And it will need to be something simple otherwise it will deter people from participating.

So it will probably be another First to 25 Challenge since people now have a vague familiarity of what that is.

But we might raise the bar slightly and say a minimum of 2 sentence Replies to ensure participants are putting more consideration into their Posts.

Nothing that you couldn't easily handle.

Also a question for you:  Which do you find most enticing? More valuable prizes OR more opportunities to WIN?

E.g. One winner awarded a 50€ Prize? Or two winners each awarded a 25€ Prize?

375 posts

8 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

Also a question for you:  Which do you find most enticing? More valuable prizes OR more opportunities to WIN?

E.g. One winner awarded a 50€ Prize? Or two winners each awarded a 25€ Prize?

The greedy pirate in me sure prefers the bigger prizes (especially since I've got a real chance of winning 'em). Also, in all seriousness, a bigger prize draws in more interest from top talents (ex : Wimbledon gives 2 000 000 in prize money to the winner, while the Granby open has total prizes under 300 000, guess which one Roger Federer went to the most often...).

25102 posts

On 7/6/2024 at 10:18 PM, Horation said:

The greedy pirate in me sure prefers the bigger prizes (especially since I've got a real chance of winning 'em). Also, in all seriousness, a bigger prize draws in more interest from top talents

I understand what you're saying - but bigger prizes would also warrant a greater challenge!

I'm currently undertaking some polling (which I'll ramp up this weekend) but so far (within that small sample group) it's 50/50 as to what people prefer.

The following is tentative planning...

To satisfy both preferences we could have a First to 50 Challenge with multiple Prizes, but...  Participants can decide which Prize Tier they're aiming to complete:

• Tier 1: 25 Replies for a 25€ Prize
  • Tier 2: 35 Replies for a 50€ Prize
  • Tier 3: 50 Replies for a 100€ Prize

So the first Participant to reach 25 Replies can claim the Tier 1: 25€ Prize... or they can keep working towards the Tier 2: 50€ Prize and leave the Tier 1: 25€ Prize for someone else. And so on...

And once a Prize has been claimed, that Tier is off the board.

And also, let's remember the 215€ Grand Prize Winner at the end of the Contest as determined by the other Participants.

Here is the polling so far:

image.png