Sign in to follow this  
Guix

My name is Guix

So........................................  What to say... ?

• My name is Guix, I live in Belgium.
  • When I was a kid, I've always been obsessed with order and tidying up. When I finished playing with my toys, I put them back neatly in boxes. After years, the boxes piled up (I don't throw anything away)... And today, as an old adult, I still have all my Minifigs in good condition. Even the realy realy old ones.
  • I have always been passionate about science-fiction, adventure and fantasy. Space, Robots and Pirates fascinated me.
  • I like movies, books, drawing and crafting. I work in Art.
  • I'm not as good as others to make MOC but I prefer calling myself a collector. I have thousands minifigures from all the ages.
  • I love to take pictures of dioramas, creating new minifigs and customizing them. Since I bought a 3D resin Printer, I also print accessories for Lego.
  • I feel no animosity towards Knock-off or other brands than Lego but I'm in love with old design minifigs (simple black dot for heads is perfect for me).
  • I have a lot of ships and Islands on my shelfs. As I can remember, my first Lego Pirate set was "Buried Treasure - 6235".

Three cheers to Belgium :pir-huzzah2: And welcome to the forum @Guix

When 6235 was your first Lego Pirates set, we probably are around the same age. All my childhood Lego is lost though. More than the sets i miss some of the parts we had back then. Like the palm tree trunk parts and the doors.

Thanks a lot ! Cheers ! :pir-huzzah2:

Nice to see some Classic Pirate fans with the same age.

I don't know if this exist in others country but... in Belgium we have a online site name "SecondHand".

It's a sort of thrift shop but online, where anyone can sell anything. Recently, I found 6204 (without the box) in great condition. It's a good way to restore some childhood memories (or to complete a collection).

Welcome! I love the classic stuff as well, and that's amazing that you still have your minifigs in good shape from your childhood.I also prefer the old style heads. I love sci-fi as well, I'd love to see some of your dioramas in the future, glad to have you here!

2 hours ago, Guix said:

I don't know if this exist in others country but... in Belgium we have a online site name "SecondHand".

It's a sort of thrift shop but online, where anyone can sell anything. Recently, I found 6204 (without the box) in great condition. It's a good way to restore some childhood memories (or to complete a collection).

We have a website like this too. It's actually a very big site. But the prices for used Lego are insane. And since i am more a moccer than a collector i would quickly dismantle sets after building and use the parts for mocs. And then it's just too expensive :pir-sceptic:

On 5/15/2024 at 8:53 PM, Space Coyote said:

Welcome! I love the classic stuff as well, and that's amazing that you still have your minifigs in good shape from your childhood.I also prefer the old style heads. I love sci-fi as well, I'd love to see some of your dioramas in the future, glad to have you here!

Ahaha I'm not as good as you for making dioramas ^^  But, yeah, I surely post pics some days.

On 5/15/2024 at 9:18 PM, Yperio_Bricks said:

We have a website like this too. It's actually a very big site. But the prices for used Lego are insane. And since i am more a moccer than a collector i would quickly dismantle sets after building and use the parts for mocs. And then it's just too expensive :pir-sceptic:

Yes, exactly, in 2024 it's hard to find cheap Lego vintage pieces. But when you dig well, you can find some nice treasure :pir-thumb:

Question : is it possible, on this website, to post pictures without using Flickr ? I have several good stuff on my PC but I don't know how to share them with you.

3 minutes ago, Guix said:

Question : is it possible, on this website, to post pictures without using Flickr ? I have several good stuff on my PC but I don't know how to share them with you.

Sure, you don't have to use flickr! Basically you can upload the pictures anywhere. Use a image hosting site like imgur or any other site where you can host your pictures. Then add the link to the image address to your EB forum post and the picture should be shown automatically.

Thanks a lot for your answer,

Ok so, we absolutely need an hosting site (I have to create an account on Imgur just for it, then) ?

20 minutes ago, Guix said:

Ok so, we absolutely need an hosting site (I have to create an account on Imgur just for it, then) ?

No, you don't need an account to use imgur.

2 hours ago, Guix said:

Oh ok,  Thanks ! :pir_laugh2:

I saw your picture. Now if you copy the link https://imgur.com/a/hYFgt7x, it does not work in the forum, but if you click with the right mouse button on the imgur picture and select to 'copy image address', you can paste it into your forum post.

Good looking pirate! The dual-molded boots work well together with the torso :pir-triumph:

jS4m4mx.jpeg

Ahahahaha, Oops' you found me...       I tried to follow your instructions but failed. And I didn't know you will see it because it's on another topic !  :pir-sing:

For my next picture, I'll try to click on the right button and select "copy image address" directly on my post. :pir-triumph:

Thanks a lot for the Pirate. I saw there's a contest with Infamous Steve but I don't have the torso (we can find it only in 2 sets). Then, I try to made my own Steve with extra pieces.