Sign in to follow this  
jnce

[MOC] Bricastle - By JnCe

Posted (edited)

Hello everyone,

Let me introduce an original medieval style MOC made by me recently - Bricastle. Size 32 x 32 studs, height approximately 40CM.

53704420981_3d751c960f_k.jpg

This is my first time creating European medieval style architecture, and I haven't referenced many real-life prototypes.

53704854035_bc4528b83e_k.jpg

The goal of this MOC is not only to create a complete castle-wise building, but also to allow the building telling its own story or provide the audience with some imagination, and  it turns out satisfy with me.

53704757244_c409095ee6_k.jpg

The entire building was created from multiple angles, by using different building methods for different angles to avoid 90 degree angle connections as much as possible, making the work appear well-organized but not messy.

53704634638_8e3eb54887_k.jpg

In terms of appearance details, many magnificent medieval MOCs were also referred to, and different SNOT methods were used to express the sense of scattered rocks at the bottom, the wood and vintage texture of the lower layer of the castle, the thickness of the upper bricks and stones, and the mottled and scattered feeling of the roof bricks and tiles.

53704853845_e68a28f3f2_k.jpg

Using different building methods while also maximizing the use of different types of parts from my inventory has brought me more challenges and fun during the building process.

53703522487_9311bd5e62_k.jpg

Update on 6/14:

I just uploaded 2 videos to show more details of this MOC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=De6OoAAr2OE

Thank you for watching. Please leave a message and let me know your thoughts and feelings!

Edited by jnce

Most impressive. It must have been a challenge to put the roof together from so many angles.

It is appearantly in European-medieval style, but some window -and roof parts do seem to have an East-Asian origin.

Thanks guys for your nice word, I didn't do interior since I want the exterior shows as much detail as possible, that makes more difficult to put interior. Plus I don't plan to submit it on any Lego fan product so it is ok :)

I will update a short film to show more details so guys stay tunned.

Awesome job and great style!  The round window above the door is a nice touch.

Wicked house. Your ability to get all those odd angles in without unsightly gaps is amazing.

You've done amazing work here, you definitely succeeded in making something that tells a story, this looks organic and lived in, the balconies and windows are the standout features to me but I love everything about this really. I'm excited to see more details!