Sign in to follow this  
Lasse

[MOC] The Golden Temple in Amritsar

The Golden Temple is a gurdwara (Sikh temple) located in the city of Amritsar in Punjab in northern India. The Golden Temple is the holiest shrine of Sikhs, and more than 100,000 people visit the temple every month. The temple was built in the late 16th century. Its sanctum walls were covered in marble and the dome was decorated with gold foil by Maharaja Ranjit Singh in the early 19th century. 

I visited the temple in 2019. Since then, I have wanted to build a LEGO model of the temple. But it wasn't until 2023 that I got hold of enough gold-colored LEGO bricks to build the temple.

Amritsar_01.jpg

Here is a photo of the real temple:

Amritsar_virkelighed.jpg

Here are some more pictures of my MOC:

Amritsar_02.jpg

Amritsar_03.jpg

Amritsar_04.jpg

Amritsar_05.jpg

Amritsar_06.jpg

Amritsar_07.jpg

Amritsar_08.jpg

Amritsar_09.jpg

The domes are built of gold bananas.

53696490397_baefd052dd_z.jpg

53696490327_8569509908_c.jpg

Nice work and good use of all the available Pearl and Metallic Gold bricks, especially the bananas.

Wow, what an amazing build! I've never heard of this temple before but you've captured it so well, adding textures wherever you can and making full use of the limited amount of gold pieces Lego produces. I have to say I'm in awe of the real thing too just from that one picture. 

I was going through your page checking out some of your other builds too and your style really speaks to me. You're my kind of MOC-maker; combining your obvious passion for a non-Lego hobby with Lego bricks. Looking forward to whatever you make next, but crossing my fingers you don't do the historical building I have in mind before I get around to it :wink: haha

A beautiful MOC, as always! I could not imagine the struggle of ordering all those gold parts. *huh* Good job! :pir-thumb:

Stunning work. You captured it perfectly, architecturally and chromatically. That's a lot of gold pieces!

Awesome build, very nice details, I like the banana dome especially!

Well done.  I especially like the flower inlays as wall carvings.

Very impressive! You used the bananas so convincingly that I wouldn't have even known that was how you made the dome if you hadn't revealed it, but I'm glad you did. I really appreciate all the pictures, this is fantastic work!