Vilhelm22

10337 Lamborghini Countach Discussion

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Brick Clicker stated on Instagram today that the next Icons vehicle will be a Lamborghini Countach.

 

10337

Lamborghini Countach 

1506 pieces

US$179.99/€????/£????

The release date should be July 1st


Discuss below.

 

 

 

 

Personally quite excited for this one, though I know some people may be disappointed as there’s a decent Countach design on rebrickable as an alternative to the Porsche 911.  It’ll most likely be a different colour though, so I’m interested to see which they choose.

Edited by Vilhelm22

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Classic Countach or the new one?

I'm assuming the classic design since everyone hates the new one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m really excited by this as the Contach was my childhood dream car which I had toys and posters of.

Would  love to see them try it in yellow, or maybe even orange or green.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, danth said:

Classic Countach or the new one?

I'm assuming the classic design since everyone hates the new one.

This may not be a popular take, but given how good Firas' 911-Alt Countach already is, I'd kind of like to get a model of the new Countach next just so as to have something a bit different to display. But so long as the Lego design is good, I won't be disappointed either way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm wondering if they will give this set a new front windshield mold? I would also like to see the big wide back tires and the narrow width front tires. No 25th Anniversary edition as that is considered to be one of the ugliest Countach's that were ever released by Lamborghini.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Based on the line-up of classic cars in the Icons (fka CREATOR Expert) theme, I bet it will be the 1974-1982 LP400/S model. Hopefully in a new color like yellow, blue, green or dark purple.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, BrickMonkeyMOCs said:

This may not be a popular take, but given how good Firas' 911-Alt Countach already is, I'd kind of like to get a model of the new Countach next just so as to have something a bit different to display. But so long as the Lego design is good, I won't be disappointed either way.

That's fair. I've read the same comment elsewhere. People are saying a classic Countach in white doesn't make sense because that MOC is so good.

As someone who doesn't have the Porsche and doesn't want to jump through hoops for Countach instructions, my vote is for the classic.

4 hours ago, R0Sch said:

Based on the line-up of classic cars in the Icons (fka CREATOR Expert) theme, I bet it will be the 1974-1982 LP400/S model. Hopefully in a new color like yellow, blue, green or dark purple.

I thought I heard it would be white but I could be wrong. I wouldn't mind a different color though. Red might be fun...

10 hours ago, DanOfBricks said:

I'm wondering if they will give this set a new front windshield mold? I would also like to see the big wide back tires and the narrow width front tires. No 25th Anniversary edition as that is considered to be one of the ugliest Countach's that were ever released by Lamborghini. 

No argument here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I came across an interesting Reddit thread about countach colors and it seems like white and black are probably the most likely options with red, yellow and blue as less likely. Based on the current line up of creator cars out there, I’ll say they choose yellow but who knows.  Having built the alt-911 model I’d prefer not white but will buy whatever it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 4/11/2024 at 1:58 AM, danth said:

Classic Countach or the new one?

I'm assuming the classic design since everyone hates the new one.

No doubt classic, like all the cars in the Icon series.

 

On 4/11/2024 at 8:44 AM, DanOfBricks said:

I'm wondering if they will give this set a new front windshield mold? I would also like to see the big wide back tires and the narrow width front tires. No 25th Anniversary edition as that is considered to be one of the ugliest Countach's that were ever released by Lamborghini.

Seeing how they butchered the MP4/4 tires i highly doubt perfection in that department.

Edited by TheDeeGee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at the ridiculous price (once again) and given that I have never been a fan of the Countach it will be an easy pass for me. But from a designer's perspective I am very curious to see how they manage all those slight angles and subtile curves. Hopefully they will get this great series back on track after the disappointments of the Camaro and the Corvette.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, ukbajadave said:

The only car which was allowed to adorn my teenage bedroom wall! I already have one of these in my display cabinet though.

Yes, this was THE car of the 80's. I doubt any car was on more posters. The Countach is the most iconic car of that decade by far in my mind, far more so than the Delorean, Testarossa, anything else.

24 minutes ago, brickphisto said:

I have never been a fan of the Countach

Get him!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found this image on internet.

1713076502.png

At first I think this is fake but considering wheel's quality looks like real set or some kind of prototype model. Rear tire use 49.5x20 and 49.5x14 to make thick tire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, msk6003 said:

I found this image on internet.

 

At first I think this is fake but considering wheel's quality looks like real set or some kind of prototype model. Rear tire use 49.5x20 and 49.5x14 to make thick tire.

Hm... not knowing where it came from it might be safest to avoid posting something like that here directly in case it's a leak. It definitely has the look of something that could be a real set—The use of the 1x6 slope bricks in particular indicates that if it's a MOC it would have to be a fairly recent one, since those were only introduced last year. And the similar 1x4 slopes without studs (used around the tail lights) would be a brand-new part if they're real (though if it's a MOC it could be something from a clone brand or something).

Edited by Lyichir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The taillights look absolutely perfect, and although the rear tires may be two tires together I think they're actually new tire molds. It also appears to be 5000S "roundbelly," my favorite Countach since that's the one Doug DeMuro has.

I can't wait for the official reveal!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/17/2024 at 8:46 AM, StudWorks said:

The taillights look absolutely perfect, and although the rear tires may be two tires together I think they're actually new tire molds. It also appears to be 5000S "roundbelly," my favorite Countach since that's the one Doug DeMuro has.

I can't wait for the official reveal!

How are you basing it as a 500s vs a 400s or QV? No body differences between 400 and 500 and only QV body detail is engine cover which isn’t visible from the angle of the picture. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KevinMD said:

How are you basing it as a 500s vs a 400s or QV? No body differences between 400 and 500 and only QV body detail is engine cover which isn’t visible from the angle of the picture. 

True.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/16/2024 at 6:21 AM, msk6003 said:

I found this image on internet.

1713076502.png

At first I think this is fake but considering wheel's quality looks like real set or some kind of prototype model. Rear tire use 49.5x20 and 49.5x14 to make thick tire.

This looks very good! Who is Brick Me Happy 2.0?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So they can design proper width rims...

Why the hell didn't they do this for the McLaren MP4/4 and simply used the already available threaded tires for a rain look?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I'm a HUGE Countach fan and have been looking forward to this, but now that the official pics are out---I don't like the front end. Specifically, the front fender arches, and how the sides are higher than the trunk lid (frunk lid).   The pure side-profile shot especially looks off to me, around the top of the fender just in front of the windshield.  

(the doors are also rather "flat", I expected more curvature in cross-section)

Edited by steele

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh wow this is a poorly designed model... the fan MOC from the Porsche parts looks way better! So sad. Skipping this one 100%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.