There are several boxes of each on the shelf and they're all empty, so somebody definitely didn't steal the bricks! My Woolworths isn't a huge store so I can't imagine that they've got a stack of unopened sets out the back which they go and get. This is the same store that has Agents Mission 1 at £11.99 instead of £7.99 and Mission 2 at £11.23 instead of £14.99 :wacko:

I was going to buy the Droid Gunship to find out what the deal was but since it's priced at £10 more than Lego.com, i've bought it direct from LEGO instead.

That's weird. :hmpf_bad: What type of person goes into woolworths and steals a bunch of CW pieces and minifigures? :sceptic: Well anyway, just ask, thats what I do when I want to figure something out. :tongue:

thats weird, but i guess i can understand it kind of. no woolies here anyway.

"Let's put a smile on that face."

jifel

I went to pick up a box of the AT-TE to have a close look and it was as light as a feather (or as light as an empty AT-TE box). I looked at all the other sets and all their boxes were empty too!

Obviously an anti-shoplifting idea but this is only done with the new CW sets. Somebody must have told them that the minifigs are highly sought after!

I can totally understand why Woolworths chose to do this but I wonder what happens when you buy one the sets. Take it to the checkout and they go and get a new unopened set or does someone bring out the bags to put in it. I don't like the idea of my set having been opened by someone else first!

Is this happening elsewhere?!

All the boxes at my Woolworths were perfectly heavy! :laugh:

I am just wondering if we should be anticipating an overall price jump on Lego SW. I'm not complaining, I know it smuch cheaper in the US than other places, but the new Spider Droid is the size of a $20 set, yet is sold for $30. I also thought that the extra $5 tag on the V 19 and Magnadroid fighter, which are $50 and $40 sized sets, respectively, was suspicious as well.

So I just thought that it might be a possiblilty that we might see a price jump in 2009.

Comments, etc. encouraged.

darthperson

LEGO Star wars in the UK is more expensive than it used to be too. It makes me so angry :angry: .

The Homing Spider Droid is a limited edition set, plus it has new molds, which up the price $10, as I've said in multiple threads. Also, apparently licensed themed sets cost more to make than TLG's own themes.

What new molds are there in it???

The two clones and their gear, possibly others. New molds are very expensive for TLG to make, according to multiple sources. And even if the clones weren't new molds, they'd still be expensive, because clone helmets are pretty hard to make.

I knew the HothBases would be back! I snagged two while I could! I once posted here that a LEGO Rep was tracking what people where wanting, and got ratted out that the Hoth Base would NEVER return, and now here it is, rarely in life do you get second chances... :wink:

The two clones and their gear, possibly others. New molds are very expensive for TLG to make, according to multiple sources. And even if the clones weren't new molds, they'd still be expensive, because clone helmets are pretty hard to make.

Dude, £20, Cool droid, 2 clones, What is there to lose!

Dude, £20, Cool droid, 2 clones, What is there to lose!

I'm not sure what you mean... of course, I love that set, and love the clones, I'm not complaining.

Couldnt the new price jump be because of all the new molds. I mean every set has a couple new molds.

I don't think we will see anything drastic between years; still, there is always going to be a slow but steady increase. In years to come, 30 will be the new 20, but not necessarily in one year.

I like the spider droid and I'm glad it comes with new clone molds and i'll prob end up getting cause its's limited and I like the set. But here's my theory on the extra jump in price. The reason the price is so high is that the spider droid is a toysrus exclusive the same with the hoth base set from 07, and they can usually jump the price up cause it's limited. The extra mini figs also jumped the price as well. I'm pretty sure the new molds didn't jump the price up too much, example, the rebel battle pack came with new molds and decals but it didnt jump the price an extra 10.

The Homing Spider Droid is a limited edition set, plus it has new molds, which up the price $10, as I've said in multiple threads. Also, apparently licensed themed sets cost more to make than TLG's own themes.

Yeah, I've seen you say that a couple of times and I'm not sure I buy it.

Licensed themes cost more than TLG's own themes. True, but looking at other Star Wars sets, I would've said HSD is $20.

Limited Editions cost more. Not really. I mean, TRU usually pumps prices up a couple bucks but both the Twilight and this one seem very inflated even compared to that. Now, I haven't actually seen the Twilight so maybe its bigger than the pictures I've seen look.

New Molds cost more. Does this set actually have new molds that aren't in other sets? I think back to Target's ultimate space battle and if you were saying that because it has different colors of parts that counts as new molds than it had new molds. And it seemed very reasonably priced. And it was a limited edition. A twofer counter example.

I think we are seeing a general increase due to oil prices and inflation, combined with TRU pricing to give us $30 as the new $20. I stand by the statement I made when we first got pictures. If this is more than $20, I'm only buying one.

-Tohst

I didn't know this until I checked this post. This is wonderful news. I'll probably get one off ebay because their prices are dropping pretty quickly.

Theres no way anyone could of stole those. They had to be an anti-theft deal. I mean, they do this with cd's as well. Weather it be computer or video games, they leave the containers empty and give you what you wanted after you've boughten it.

Sorry if I should have posted this in the "What should I buy thread, but I've become interested in the Clone Turbo Tank and wondered if at the online price if it is worth it to get one? I found some around 100-120 USD on Bricklink MISB.

What I need to know is what the original price was for it and whether or not it is worth it to buy online.

If someone could link to a review or something, that would be great. ( I couldn't find one, the search engine here isn't working on my computer right now for some reason, probably just my Internet acting up again, it happens a lot. :tongue: )

DSR

I seem to recall the set being about 100 dollars brand new, so if you can find it for that now it is well worth it. The steering was a bit goofy for me, which detracts from the overall swooshability(vroomability? :tongue: ). Other then that it was an enjoyable set. I'm actually hoping they'll release a new version for the CW.

Well the original was $100, so yeah, buy it. Since it's $100 and in the box, then it's a great deal.

$89.99 but close enough. :tongue: It's still a great deal, especially if it has a box though (like I said above).

That pretty goo buy seeing how it was out a while ago and its still in box. Does it have the lightup mace or not? That could be another good thing about it.

Most have the LUL Mace, but two that are listed at 110 USD don't have it.

I'm opting towards one listed at 91 USD with the LUL Mace and all figs, I think without box.

Link.

Has anyone bought from this user, or is there a way to know if he's trusted or not? I really don't want to be ripped off, and 91 USD sounds too good to be true. :sceptic: Although, the box factor might be it.... :look:

DSR