gallery_101_23_908.jpg

Edit by KimT:

This thread is reopened.

The thread is meant to discuss the availability of Star Wars sets. - Exclusives and so forth.

Thanks to "the enigma that is badger" for bringing my above post to my attention.

I forgot about it and for that I am sorry.

Please remember that ranting on the price difference is not welcome here.

I couldn't find if this has been posted or not, but did LEGO re release the x-wing from 2006 as well as a few other sets for the upcoming movie release? I ask because I went to my local TRU and it is flooded with Hoth Bases and Xwings. I checked Ebay, and it is flooded with Xwings as well all NIB. Thanks

Edited by Brickdoctor

I couldn't find if this has been posted or not, but did LEGO re release the x-wing from 2006 as well as a few other sets for the upcoming movie release? I ask because I went to my local TRU and it is flooded with Hoth Bases and Xwings. I checked Ebay, and it is flooded with Xwings as well all NIB. Thanks

I don't think the massive reRelease of X Wing and Hoth Bases has anything to do with the Clone wars :wacko:

I think everywhere is flooded with them because Lego have sent new batches to various places :thumbup:

Sorry buddy, i hate to burst your bubble. There are no new CW sets on S@H yet. Those 2 have been up for a while, and the site is actually not really organized right. Still no new sets.

Sorry buddy, i hate to burst your bubble. There are no new CW sets on S@H yet. Those 2 have been up for a while, and the site is actually not really organized right. Still no new sets.

They're not in North America yet but in all other countries, yes!

And I know that some pics are not working but the lego technicians are actually working on it I think.

They probably were rerealsed, because i bought the x-wing with han chewy leia etc last week. i usually go to tru 2-3 times a month at the very least and they never had then up until then.

They're not in North America yet but in all other countries, yes!

And I know that some pics are not working but the lego technicians are actually working on it I think.

I called my friend in North America and he says that the new sets are up.

Yesterday, I tried two TLC stores (visiting one and calling another), and neither had the Republic Fighter Tank (#7679). With the rumors that it might be a Target exclusive, I tried a local Target, but they hadn't even unpacked the palette with the Clone Wars merchandise yet.

Bottom line: has anyone in the US (or Europe for that matter) found the Fighter Tank at retail? If so, where did you find it?

badger

I have not seen it, nor is it listed on SAH, but I see there was a review of it on brickset. I badly want this as well.

My local Woolworths in the UK has it , along with the droid gunship on a special display stand but strangely no other sets.

However at £50 , I'll wait for one of their regular 25% discount promotions. :classic:

I have yet to take the plunge on any clone wars sets, my wallet just can't take it at the moment.

The Toys R Us here in Spokane had a lot of the X-Wings and Hoth Bases as well, so it looks like a calculated push to sell a couple limited edition sets along with the Clone Wars. I also go to TRU several times a month and they haven't had these sets for awhile.

dillthepill, what's your deal? This is the third topic I've read this morning where you disparage LEGO and those who are into the hobby, on a website that is for fans of LEGO. If LEGO is not your thing, why are you here?

I went to pick up a box of the AT-TE to have a close look and it was as light as a feather (or as light as an empty AT-TE box). I looked at all the other sets and all their boxes were empty too!

Obviously an anti-shoplifting idea but this is only done with the new CW sets. Somebody must have told them that the minifigs are highly sought after!

I can totally understand why Woolworths chose to do this but I wonder what happens when you buy one the sets. Take it to the checkout and they go and get a new unopened set or does someone bring out the bags to put in it. I don't like the idea of my set having been opened by someone else first!

Is this happening elsewhere?!

I don't know, but I imagien that it's like DVD and some CD cases, where the disk is put in when you pay. I'm not sure how that would work with Lego though... :oh:

:skull:

dillthepill, what's your deal? This is the third topic I've read this morning where you disparage LEGO and those who are into the hobby, on a website that is for fans of LEGO. If LEGO is not your thing, why are you here?

Maybe somebody hacked his user and is trying to get him banned. :wacko: Or maybe he is crazy... :sceptic: I don't know, but whatever the case, he needs to be chambered... :hmpf_bad: Well anyways, is this also in the US, because I missed the Hoth Base?(I want it SO bad) :cry_sad:

Hmm how many boxs of each where there, because if there was only a few of each they probably just will swap out the empty box for a complete one at the checkout area, just to prevent shoplifters from getting into the boxes. Either that or they ordered a shipment of empty boxes :wacko: .

The store manager of the Lego store (Hillsdale Mall) mentioned that he is also surprised to be receiving some X-Wing shipments. He's been getting calls from as far away as Chicago, IL since his is the few if not the only store receiving this shipment. I was not going to buy another set so I didn't ask if he currently have it in stock. By the way, I was there this morning to check on some new stock. For those who've missed this set or wants a few more to form a squadron, this is the time to call and check.

Are you sure it's anti-shop lifting I remember reading about sets being open and the contents being removed in the US and all that was left was the boxes.