Does anybody know why Walmart and ToysRUS are selling the new fall star wars sets and lego.com is not?

Ugh!

I just found out why neither Lego.com nor any retail stores have these sets out or available in the US yet. According to my local Lego store manager they have a hard street date by contract with Lucas. (I suspect it is 7/23). Walmart and TRU online stores broke the street date when they received their shipments. Lego since they have the direct contract with Lucas can't and won't. And yeah my local manager was pissed about it. They've been losing too many sales from it.

I know there is another topic for this, but I can't find it. I found the 2012 Star Wars Summer sets at Target.

Been looking for a while now but nothing yet they must be around as theres some on ebay just wondering when they will hit the shops.Im in the uk

Edited by westy 70

They have been out down under for about a month or so, I would of thought they would be everywhere by now! :hmpf_bad:

Edited by apps

You can buy them online from shop.lego.com or amazon.com, and in the Lego Shops too. default_laugh_new.gif

Not sure when they will come out in places such as Argos or TRU, but I believe that they are slated for release in August. Not a fun wait! default_sceptic.gif

Been looking for a while now but nothing yet they must be around as theres some on ebay just wondering when they will hit the shops.Im in the uk

I've merged your topic with this thread since this is where such a question belonged. Also please use punctuation in the future.

I've merged your topic with this thread since this is where such a question belonged. Also please use punctuation in the future.

Actually, this belongs in Availability. I'll move it over there...

I know everyone's all excited about next years sets, but we still have to worry about THIS years sets! So does anyone know if the summer wave (Gungan Sub, Jabba's Palace, etc.) are available in actual stores in the US yet? It's been a few weeks since this was discussed so I'm wondering if there's any news...

I know everyone's all excited about next years sets, but we still have to worry about THIS years sets! So does anyone know if the summer wave (Gungan Sub, Jabba's Palace, etc.) are available in actual stores in the US yet? It's been a few weeks since this was discussed so I'm wondering if there's any news...

I believe the offical release date is 23 July 12. One guy found them in Target already; however me....nothing.

I believe the offical release date is 23 July 12. One guy found them in Target already; however me....nothing.

They are also being sold on walmart.com and toysrus.com! I have already gotten both of the sets I ordered, awesome! And yes, I am talking about US Walmarts!

Any more news on Palpatines Arrest? I have been waiting for that set for over five years and m glad they finally made it! :cry_happy:

Still no summer wave sets at my Target, though.

You won't find Palp Arrest at Target because it is a TRU exclusive unfortunately :hmpf_bad: However right now they are offering it online for retail price, it's sold out though. July 23 S@H should have most of the new sets in so hopefully it will pop up there for $89.99 rather than the $109.99 TRU has it listed at.

Im sure this has been asked a billion times before but when is Palpatines arrest out in the UK? It is out in some places like germany already isnt it?

Yes, the price ranges from about $30 to about $70, and there is a limit on size.

Northern California TRU had Malevolence, Palps Arrest, Darth Malgus ship, and the red EU ship...blanking on the names and numbers. :wacko:

The new 2012 sets are available at Barnes and Noble website and some have been knocked down in price a little bit! It isn't much of a discount, but any discount on new sets is good in my opinion :thumbup:

The new Palpatine's Arrest is only $89.99 at Lego.com instead of $109.99 at toysrus.

I may have to order it in fron the US then for that price. Does anyone know when it is out in the UK?

Just see that TRU US website got the "LEGO Star Wars Advent Calendar (7958)" for 16$ with additionnal 20% off. Dunno if it's new or not...

Edited by Bob De Quatre