I know this is a little off topic but I wanted to know if we know an actual date for the US release of the summer wave (I can't find one in the availability thread).

I know this is a little off topic but I wanted to know if we know an actual date for the US release of the summer wave (I can't find one in the availability thread).

Release dates are a flimsy piece of work. It really depends on the store near you. For example, my local TRU tends to get things late, so I'm expecting late Augest, early September. My Wal-Mart on the other hand has a knack of getitng sets when you least expect them, so I'm thinking Early Augest, late July.

Generally, the sets should come out anytime from now to September, so keep checking.

Edited by The Legonater

The main wave is normally an August US release.

I find it frustrating that many European countries have the summer wave SW sets and in the US we still haven't even seen Mace Windu's starfighter. Whatever the reason, it just doesn't make sense to me.

I find it frustrating that many European countries have the summer wave SW sets and in the US we still haven't even seen Mace Windu's starfighter. Whatever the reason, it just doesn't make sense to me.

While this might be pretty frustrating overseas, we very much have the same phenomenon reagrding products originating from the US to become available in Europe. It seems that producers first use domestic markets to spread their produce and to test on expected reception (amount of units sold in a given time frame) before they plan how much and for how long they wish to make it on a global scale.

In reverse, i find it very frutrating to pay 150 to 200 percent of LEGO prices in comparison to US customers. Not that my wage would superceed US incomes by the same amount... :sadnew:

And btw, it's difficult to find a retailer for 7868 in central Europe, too. For this set, apart from S@H i have yet only found secondary retailers who sell at a substantial margin for their own. :hmpf_bad:

In reverse, i find it very frutrating to pay 150 to 200 percent of LEGO prices in comparison to US customers. Not that my wage would superceed US incomes by the same amount... :sadnew:

As Ki-Adi said, the situation is well balanced. You get to buy the sets later, while we have to pay absurd prices for all of them.

XX dollars mean, here in Europe, oooops!, XX euros. This makes even less sense than normal, since the items are sent from Billund, WITHOUT any customs fee (which would rightfully level the price if the items came from the USA).

As Ki-Adi said, the situation is well balanced. You get to buy the sets later, while we have to pay absurd prices for all of them.

XX dollars mean, here in Europe, oooops!, XX euros. This makes even less sense than normal, since the items are sent from Billund, WITHOUT any customs fee (which would rightfully level the price if the items came from the USA).

Indeed.

I really don't mind the later release date, since I'm not the kind of person that sees a new set and has to have it right away. I make nearly all my large purchases at Black Friday or May 4th, and both sales are well after the US Summer release and Winter release, respectively. Plus when the sets are released earlier in other countries, other people do reviews of them and I can decide way ahead of time what I really want to buy.

Thanks for those replies. I am grateful that we don't pay the prices I see everyone else paying. Sorry for straying off topic.

Looks like the new star wars sets are finally available to order in the UK. Woolworths online store has all the sets ready for delivery. :classic:

I agree. We still don't have Windus JSF on S@H. That's the only SW January release I haven't seen. Is that set nit coming to the States?

Well this makes me fell special as being in Austrlaia we miss out on all sourts of sets and deals but we have had the summer wave here for 3 weeks now. The new falcon is part of the summer range right? Go this 2 weeks ago, awsome set! I also picked up the Genosian figter and Nightspeeder.

Cheers Mutley.

I knew the Falcon would be over £100 but £133 is a bit more than I was expecting. Hmm payday today - would be rude not to spend some of it straight away! :sweet:

So, does are the new summer sets out in the US? I'm just trying to guess from that when they will be in Canada.

I completely overlooked this thread earlier, I asked this question in the general questions thread...

Anyone know when 10195 will be retired? Because I really want to get another one before they go into retirement and the price skyrockets. My wallet can't "really" handle one, but it could...

So, does are the new summer sets out in the US? I'm just trying to guess from that when they will be in Canada.

No. As has been said before, the Summer wave is normally an August release in the US.

No. As has been said before, the Summer wave is normally an August release in the US.

Ok, thats what I thought. They are August release as well in Canada, but sometimes during the Jan wave, the US gets the sets early, so I wasn't sure...

Well this makes me fell special as being in Austrlaia we miss out on all sourts of sets and deals but we have had the summer wave here for 3 weeks now. The new falcon is part of the summer range right? Go this 2 weeks ago, awsome set! I also picked up the Genosian figter and Nightspeeder.

You're not the only Aussie Woka! :wink:

If you aren't already in the habit then check out Bricklink with a PayPal account and take advantage of the strong AUD vs. USD. The deals filter through after a few weeks and will give you a chance to hit Lego pay dirt. Even after factoring in shipment costs you're still ahead of our local Shop@home. Soon you'll become good friends with Australia Post! :sweet:

Why did Mace Windus star fighter come out seemingly everywhere but The States as a January release...does that mean it's not coming here?(much like 3648 Police Chase from City)

Why did Mace Windus star fighter come out seemingly everywhere but The States as a January release...does that mean it's not coming here?(much like 3648 Police Chase from City)

We have just received news of it being released here soon, so you're not the only ones waiting!

It is important to remember that Lego is and probably always will be a foreign export of Europe. As some people have pointed out before me, the prices we get hear in the good ol' U.S. of A. very much cancel out this minor qualm that you and many other people (including myself at times) have :)

Edited by Chewk

The Falcon and Podracers are now set up on TRU.com in the US. Podracers are in stock but the Falcon is sold out. Grrr...listed as in stock earlier but the link didn't go anywhere. When I checked it again it was gone. Boo!

Actually, the only things available currently on TRU.com is the Hoth set for $90, the Sith infiltrator for $70 (ridiculous price), and the Ewok Attack for $25. Everything else is out of stock.

Actually, the only things available currently on TRU.com is the Hoth set for $90, the Sith infiltrator for $70 (ridiculous price), and the Ewok Attack for $25. Everything else is out of stock.

That's good news anyway. So it seems TRU is getting them about a month early and not in August. I'm still going to wait and see what Target and Walmart do with prices online and in the store.