Sign in to follow this  
Ronan Nissen

Comic-Con 2008 Set!

I found this when I was looking through Comic-Con 2008 photos at ComingSoon.net, so credits to them for the photo.

hr_Comic-Con_2008_115.jpg

Or here if you need a link.

Edited by Ronan Nissen

AAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY? WHY??? I do want this set!!! Why can´t we get also a set with 4 normal Troopers and one Commander? It´s frustrating!

Otherwise, I could sell my second Cody and Fox or barter for three normal trooper...

Saw it on FBTB because the links don't work. But are these real I mean they are awesome. If they are where are they being sold. Someone on FBTB said they were $75 if this is so and they are real I'll get this instead of the Tank. It's almost like a Clone Battle Pack this could be our answer to the lack of clones. Does anyone know where I could order one??

Edited by AoNZ

I saw this at the Con today but I passed it up due to the fact that it didnt really seem all that interesting.

Yeah, this set really isn't that great. :sceptic: It's just the droid BP and the Hailfire droid sets put together, plus Rex and four other clones. So, nothing worth spending $75 for. :sadnew: Then again, if you were to sell those figs and sets over ebay... :look:

Thanks for sharing though. :thumbup:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Is this the comic-con exclusive set? I thought it was going to be an indy set.

-Chuck-

Is this the comic-con exclusive set? I thought it was going to be an indy set.

-Chuck-

It seems that there is both a Indy and a SW set at Comic-con. See this thread.

This is another very nice Star War set, especially with the 4 Clone Troopers. There are only 1200 sets for these and 500 sets for Indiana Jones exclusive. It seemed we will never see this in our hands, unless paying a high price for it on eBay or Bricklink.

I like the idea of these bigger battlepacks. :sweet:

Wow. Im very underimpressed with these. They are just parts of various sets (or sets themselves!) just jumbled up into something that looked like it took them 5 minutes to design...I mean, look at the Indy one. Looks like a 10 year old made it....

darthperson

Noooo... why can't this be released in stores?! This is like the ultimate battlepack! :cry_sad:

Man, this set really shows how limited the figure amounts are in the regular sets. I am not happy. :hmpf_bad:

WOW!!!! What is that? a new special set??? Omg it includes 4 clone troopers and rex! It's a great set! Do you know the set number? Will it be released on Shop @ Home? When? Is it a TRU exclusive?

Yeah, this set really isn't that great. :sceptic: It's just the droid BP and the Hailfire droid sets put together, plus Rex and four other clones. So, nothing worth spending $75 for. :sadnew: Then again, if you were to sell those figs and sets over ebay... :look:

Thanks for sharing though. :thumbup:

Yes but it's a great way to increase our two armies. A droid battle pack, a hailfire droid set and four clone troopers! It's more than the AT-TE and the RGS together!

Why is everyone so fired up to get this set? At $75, it's absolute robbery!

It's just a re-package of the Droid Battle Pack ($10), the Hailfire/Spider Droid ($20), plus four clones and a Commander. If you think four clones and a Clone commander are worth $45, I've got some minifigs to sell to you. $9 per fig seems downright outlandish.

Its a Limited set, But not a Limited Idea. Lego will most proberbly realease something like this next year. I mean its like the Ultimate Space battle set.

Why is everyone so fired up to get this set? At $75, it's absolute robbery!

It's just a re-package of the Droid Battle Pack ($10), the Hailfire/Spider Droid ($20), plus four clones and a Commander. If you think four clones and a Clone commander are worth $45, I've got some minifigs to sell to you. $9 per fig seems downright outlandish.

Yes but maybe that Lego will NOT make a new clone trooper battle pack because they're too expensive to produce. Look at the price of the new clone wars sets with one or two clone troopers inside. I think Lego just included one or two troopers in their new sets because however, the price would be too high. But I wonder why are the clone troopers so expensive to produce.

Its a Limited set, But not a Limited Idea. Lego will most proberbly realease something like this next year. I mean its like the Ultimate Space battle set.

Yes but the boxes are already ready. TLC just has to release it. Why would they wait until next year?

Oh and, what is a comic con? :grin:

Edited by Trudop561

Yes but the boxes are already ready. TLC just has to release it. Why would they wait until next year?

Thought you said it was a Comic-Con Exclusive? Lego might release a Battle Pack for everyone next year.

I mean why are Ep2 Clones always the most expensive. Stormys are the Cheapest and EP3 next but why were the best ones the most Expensive?

EDIT:

Yes but maybe that Lego will NOT make a new clone trooper battle pack because they're too expensive to produce. Look at the price of the new clone wars sets with one or two clone troopers inside.

Mabye Lego have employed some morons that dont care what we want and care about Money money money, They proberbly think that "Right, We can save money by putting in 2 Clones to a

Edited by Joey Lock

Thought you said it was a Comic-Con Exclusive? Lego might release a Battle Pack for everyone next year.

I mean why are Ep2 Clones always the most expensive. Stormys are the Cheapest and EP3 next but why were the best ones the most Expensive?

Yes but lego could release a new exclusive set this year. But I'm not sure because we were not prevented.

And yes the best figs are always expensive. Maybe it's because Lego knows that fans want them and then they increase their price ==> $$$

Yes but lego could release a new exclusive set this year. But I'm not sure because we were not prevented.

And yes the best figs are always expensive. Maybe it's because Lego knows that fans want them and then they increase their price ==> $$$

I got a Idea, Pretend to be not intrested. :wacko:

EDIT: Im going to try and work for Lego as a Job when Im older. And find out all the Secrets and Conspiracys... :pir-look:

Edited by Joey Lock

I got a Idea, Pretend to be not intrested. :wacko:

EDIT: Im going to try and work for Lego as a Job when Im older. And find out all the Secrets and Conspiracys... :pir-look:

I didn't say that I was not interested. I just wonder why Lego would release their comic con next year if we see the boxes on the pics. The pieces have been packaging, the manuel books are inside. Everything is ready! If I was Lego I would not wait for my stock of 1200 sets to be release in 2009.

And I hope you will succeed for your job! Imagine how lucky we would be. Eurobricks would have his own spy in the heart of the Lego company :devil:

I didn't say that I was not interested. I just wonder why Lego would release their comic con next year if we see the boxes on the pics. The pieces have been packaging, the manuel books are inside. Everything is ready! If I was Lego I would not wait for my stock of 1200 sets to be release in 2009.

I didnt say that set next year! I said the Idea of it. Lego will most proberbly release a Battle set with 3 clones, Jedi and some random stuff. Or a Battle Pack (Im hoping)

Edited by Joey Lock