I wish to build a LEGO shaking table that simulates the motion of an earthquake. The design should consider factors like the ability to adjust parameters for varied shaking intensities. 

While I don't have extensive experience in such complex LEGO models, some YouTube videos have been very inspiring. I would appreciate any advice and guidance on this project. Anticipating the need for beams, connectors, axles, gears, and a motor to achieve controlled shaking, my budget is limited to £300. Could the following specified components on Amazon be sufficient for building a basic model? Thank you!

1)    LEGO 5pc Power Functions Motor Battery IR Remote Receiver SET by LEGO (LEGO 5pc Power Functions Motor Battery IR Remote Receiver SET by LEGO : Amazon.co.uk: Toys & Games), at £169. This seems to have all needed to control. 
2)    LEGO technic parts: gears, pins, joints, axles. This mixed product seems to get everything. 548PCS Technic-Parts, axle Liftarm Pins Connector Frame Panel-Plat Compatible with Lego Building Blocks Set, Random Color : Amazon.co.uk: Toys & Games, at £48.

Is there anything else crucial that should be included here? Any additional guidance or advice would be greatly appreciated!

image.png

image.png

Edited by Ken99

Think, how you will build table.

Please put links to things, you are planning to buy.

It would be much easier to use the Powered up motors, no gears needed, programmable behaviour, different scenarios, adjustable speed..

Edited by Lok24

2 hours ago, Lok24 said:

It would be much easier to use the Powered up motors, no gears needed, programmable behaviour, different scenarios, adjustable speed..

Thank you! Can you provide a link for it?

4 minutes ago, Ken99 said:

Thank you! Can you provide a link for it?

Sure:

Motor https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=bb0959c01&idColor=85#T=C&C=85

Hub  https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=bb0961c01&idColor=86#T=C&C=86

each app. 20 GBP, 5 Motors + 2 Hubs = 140 GBP

Add a connecting rod to each motor, thats all.