evancelt

ERA III - Coming Summer 2024

Recommended Posts

New Sonoran build from @Bricksbypidy added above!

19 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

Now do marsh, moorland, fen and bogs. Make them distinct.

:pir-grin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, evancelt said:

New bamboo forest terrain build by @Ayrlego posted above!

Look great!

How many different terrain types will there be in the game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Yperio_Bricks said:

Look great!

How many different terrain types will there be in the game?

Not this many haha! I think we'll have general types like 'deep sea', 'shallow sea', 'grassland', 'hills', 'forest', 'swamp', 'mountains', etc

But we wanted to post all of these more detailed examples to show that you don't need to be limited by the more general tile descriptions. Imagination is the limit!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, evancelt said:

Not this many haha! I think we'll have general types like 'deep sea', 'shallow sea', 'grassland', 'hills', 'forest', 'swamp', 'mountains', etc

But we wanted to post all of these more detailed examples to show that you don't need to be limited by the more general tile descriptions. Imagination is the limit!

Haha ok, i see :pir_laugh2: Somehow i thought there will be 15 terrain types or something like that :pir_laugh2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So many great terrain builds everyone, it was really fun to participate in this!  I especially loved the bamboo forest and sonoran.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is anything known about the new rules yet?

I am at the end of my patience :pir_laugh2:   :pir_laugh2:   :pir-triumph:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Is anything known about the new rules yet?

I am at the end of my patience :pir_laugh2:   :pir_laugh2:   :pir-triumph:

No I don't think EGS / Ships are fleshed out yet. It may push back launch date soon I'd like 4 - 6 months to build it out once we have rules finalized. If they were finalized tomorrow, that range is July - September at this point

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/4/2024 at 9:25 PM, Yperio_Bricks said:

I hope i won't forget too many of my ideas for town mocs until November :pir_laugh2:

You can build them now, do pictures once done, and store those until needed. Have some picture material ready, and write stories fitting both those MOCs and the upcoming Era III lore if and when it is out.

Really no need to wait with building.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Darnok said:

You can build them now, do pictures once done, and store those until needed. Have some picture material ready, and write stories fitting both those MOCs and the upcoming Era III lore if and when it is out.

Really no need to wait with building.

I understand the tactics but building half a year in advance for a game that i play later is not something i want to employ. I want to live in the moment :pir-huzzah1:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 3/4/2024 at 9:32 AM, evancelt said:

No I don't think EGS / Ships are fleshed out yet. It may push back launch date soon I'd like 4 - 6 months to build it out once we have rules finalized.

Lemme know if I can be of assistance. Been a fan of many tabletops, rpgs, and boardgames for a couple decades. I could be pretty handy with game mechanics.

Edited by Jeff of Clubs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The goal of ERA III should be to retain existing members and attract new members! :pir-triumph:  

Challenge: "A Storm Brewing" is a good idea! Unfortunately, the number of participants so far is modest. What is necessary and what needs to be done to increase the number of participants?

 

Don’t ask what Brethren of the Brick Seas can do for you! Ask what you can do for Brethren of the Brick Seas!

Kane, March 11, 624

Edited by NOD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NOD said:

The goal of ERA III should be to retain existing members and attract new members! :pir-triumph:  

Challenge: "A Storm Brewing" is a good idea! Unfortunately, the number of participants so far is modest. What is necessary and what needs to be done to increase the number of participants?

Maybe people will wander off while waiting and new players will only join when the new era starts. I guess the forum will be quiet until the new game starts :shrug_confused: While others already started building :pir_laugh2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 'A Storm Brewing' challenge ends at the end of March - we have more ERA II --> ERA III challenges that will come after that one closes (though I don't know if they will have physical prizes - maybe in-game ERA III prizes!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/11/2024 at 8:16 PM, Yperio_Bricks said:

Maybe people will wander off while waiting and new players will only join when the new era starts. I guess the forum will be quiet until the new game starts :shrug_confused: While others already started building :pir_laugh2:

In my case it’s mostly a general lack of IRL time! However, I should be able to build for the challenge before the deadline and for the joint AMRCA we have started in Oleon.

For current players, I think that a great push back is also not knowing whether the current settlements will exist in Era III, or if the map will undergo radical changes. A good share of the builds has always been EGS related (mines, artisans, factories…), something that doesn’t really make sense if the current islands or settlements will disappear. With Era III, I think we’ll have a recovery in this sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.