Derek

Indy 2009 Discussion Thread

Mr Spielbrick

Thanks. :classic:

darthperson

You are not taking my PM's... What's problem?) :look:

No, no others sets. I think there are speshial - limited and other. Only AiC and FPA((( :sad:

Thanks for the info, ForceMaster. :thumbup: Both of these sets sound promising, and I'm glad that the Cairo set will be nice and small.

In Cairo set 79 pieces, and in Fighter Plane Attack - 486.

So TPRU was right. Neither seem like "limited edition" sets to me, so Cairo will probably be 10 USD, and the Fighter Plane Attack will probably be 50 USD. :thumbup:

Indiana Jones is so great, and I can't wait for my sets to arrive on Tuesday, and get myself to build some. I am sure the latter half of the year, it will be so much interesting since it focus the earlier 3 films which are kind of classic. I could imagine myself, swirling it around. :wub:

This could be a great start, for Indiana Jones! :thumbup:

Hi. I love Indiana Jones and I have just seen a pic of the cairo set. its right here. Feast your eyes. As far as I can see, it comes with Toht (yay!) and the ark.

sfdf.jpg

1) That "Toht" is a gangster from the Shanghai Chase.

2) That ark is the one from the Lost Tomb.

I hate it when people see a picture that is obviously not real (especially one this small :hmpf_bad:) and assume its from a new set. Think before you post...

Edited by darthperson

sorry!!!

i hope YOU forgive me DARTHPERSON.

Hate to say it, but I took that the WRONG way. :sad::sad::sad:

Also. It well fits the perspective of the new Cairo set. 79 peices. That looks like 79 pieces. So... again. SORRY!!! :wacko:

Edited by alexrider7

I wasn't trying to be mean, and I forgive you, its just a LOT of people have been doing that lately, and its been annoying.

No hard feelings. :classic:

That looks like 79 pieces.

Looks like 22 pieces for me.^^

I watched the gallery of the guy, this picture is from and it looks like he likes to photoshop pictures... and Bionicle... and Gladitorian...

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery....m=greenserpant4

I am looking forward to that Cairo set, if it´s like the description before. The other sets sound a bit costly. When you compare the prices from Kiddiwinks it looks like the Venice set is 55€. I wonder what they could put in there except for two or three boats and a few figures.

Edited by Navy Trooper Fenson

I wonder what they could put in there except for two or three boats and a few figures.

It would be nice if the Venice set had a part of the library, that way, we have a chance of getting a Marcus! A few tables and chairs to represent a cafe, as well as a dock in attition to the 2 boats would make this a superb set! :sweet: I think if we get Elsa (and we probably will), she will use the new girl straight hairpiece, from the CITY camper set, but in blonde, not orange :tongue: .

I think if we get Elsa (and we probably will), she will use the new girl straight hairpiece, from the CITY camper set, but in blonde, not orange :tongue: .

New girl straight hairpiece? Are there any pics of that available? I went on a little search after reading your post, but I'm no Indy and digging in the sand got me... nowhere.

Also, to stay closer on topic: an Elsa minifig would make sense for a Venice boat chase set, absolutely. Plus Indy in grey costume plus at least one member of the Brotherhood of the Cruciform Sword (was that the name?). But that got me thinking - THREE new figs in one set? Surely not...? I mean, Indy is a relatively new line, so lots of new figs are to be expected. But three in one set seems to be pushing it, since we already got the German mechanic, Short Round, Willie Scott, two Lao Che henchmen and an alternative Indy this year. Or maybe I'm pessimistic. :classic:

EDIT: I found a blurry pic of the camper set somewhere. You've seen a clear version of the pic, since you call it a new hairpiece? It seems to me the blurry pic hardly shows enough to be sure it's a new piece. (Not that I don't believe you. You just seem to have access to other - better - sources than I do. Which is of course possible. Not stepping on any toes here!)

Edited by Mr Spielbrick

I by no means have any other sources than you, its just I remember legomilk or someone saying something about a new female hairpiece in a city set, and that looks like it may be it. :wink:

Here is a blurred picture of the set with the 'new' hair.

Edit by Hinckley: How many times do we have to tell people not to post these here, please???

But I think it might be:

30410.1100895553.jpg

But, then again, you can always use a new hairpiece!

I think the hair is just the Mary Jane hair to be frank.

Anyway I am finally getting around to putting my opinion down on these sets. I love the Shanghai so I'll obviously get that one, probably two of that one in fact because of the sweetness. Thanks to whoever posted the instructions for the sets, I appreciate the Flying Wing a lot more now. The Aus price for the Chase is fine, but I think it is too much for the Flying Wing. I'll get them both though anyway, as I really need that mechanic fig and overall want to support the awesomness that is the Indy theme.

Also, great to be hearing word on the next sets, can't wait to see pics.

Batbrick is Back! :devil:

But I think it might be:

*image snipped*

But, then again, you can always use a new hairpiece!

There was a production issue with this hairpiece - it was a bit delicate and showed stress marks and broke too often - so I doubt TLG will resurrect this mould.

There was a production issue with this hairpiece - it was a bit delicate and showed stress marks and broke too often - so I doubt TLG will resurrect this mould.

That makes sense. Out of around 6 Qui Gon hairpieces that I own, all but one are broken. Wise choice.

Edited by MrCustomizer

With Lego's recent surge of new pieces (especially minigure headpieces), I'm sure its safe to say that its a new piece. :wink:

Here are the 2 new sets:

Temple of Doom: €40

Flying Wing: €65

I think that's too much. ToD maby 30 or something.

And FW 50 er something.

[sarcasm]Wow, thanks for this new Infomation![/sarcasm]

Here are the 2 new sets:

Temple of Doom: €40

Flying Wing: €65

I think that's too much. ToD maby 30 or something.

And FW 50 er something.

Temple of Doom? Do you mean Shanghai Chase or the 'Temple of the Doom' set coming out in the Summer?

I'm almost positive he means the Shanghai Chase, considering he mentions the Flying Wing, and that 40 Euros would be a tiny price for a Temple set...

Two new pictures of the Cairo set and the Plane set.

Enjoy!

I wonder what's going on with the Temple of Doom and the other 2 rumored sets...

Wow! Nice link. Thanks :thumbup:

The Cairo set box looks like it's been cut off! Very small as well.

I'm loving the design of the German plane in the plane set though - perfect! :cry_happy: