Derek

Indy 2009 Discussion Thread

:laugh: , I guess I'm a tad predictable that way huh? :laugh:

Seriously though, the Indy sets are some of the best sets ever for parts packs and integration into other themes, no way hossay am I going to keep tohse gangsters out of my Batworld!

Can't wait to see the reviews for these when they come out, especially the Flying Wing, I'm hoping for some nice little details there.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Just abit :wink::laugh:

True about the Indy theme having the best sets for intergration, I dont have a Indy section on my shelf, Because its all in my city ect.. That tan car :wub: Is going to be my sig-figs car once it I get.. :cry_happy:

Accept im not too sure about the flap at the top on the roof... :look:

Sorry, but I'm a super-purist. I can't stand using anything that isn't made by Lego (the company). :sceptic:

I was a purist too but after seeing BrickArms I changed my mind, We need to convert you then! :grin:

Jk... :tongue:

HB Stalker away! :devil:

Edited by Darth_Legois

You could probably use the German Mechanic's head for a Mac figuure (! just thought of that :tongue: )

You could. But its already been released in race for the stolen treasure.

I'm not sure wich is cheeper. so go with the cheepest one.

You could. But its already been released in race for the stolen treasure.

I'm not sure wich is cheeper. so go with the cheepest one.

I know that, but the one in the Flying set is brown, not grey. And I plan on getting them both, and the Shanghai Chase set.

I don't see anything wrong with the plane set, but if you have any sense you'll buy one for that torso, for a training Bruce or anyone else.

I don't see anything wrong with it per se. There's just something about it that's not exciting me. I just don't get the 'must have' feeling from it.

Wow, A Indy Set with Batman comments!, And wait wow a bigger suprise its by Batbrick! :tongue: Only Batbrick could think of useing the Tan car to convert it into Bruce Wayne's.... :tongue::grin:

Just kidding.............? :wink: [Hey we need a Lego batman smilie! :oh3: ]

Ahem... I think you might be forgetting someone. :wink:

You could probably use the German Mechanic's head for a Mac figuure (! just thought of that :tongue: )

Nice idea, but I'm using mine for a young Gordon. My old Gordon has the same version but grey, which is cool.

I don't see anything wrong with it per se. There's just something about it that's not exciting me. I just don't get the 'must have' feeling from it.

Yeah, but that chest torso is a must have for the Batfan! Think of how many shirtless Bat/Ra's swordfight scenes you could make with it :cry_happy:

Ahem... I think you might be forgetting someone. :wink:

Well, did you think of using the car as Bruce Wayne's?

This is just sickening. I'm sorry, but I can't stand batman.

As for the sets, I want them both, although I liked the Flying Wing better without the green stripes.

I just watched RotLA again, and the Flying Wing does have all that green, except the 2 parts sticking out on the wings on each side near the cockpit (don't know what they are called) which was red with the swastika on it.

Edited by Plutofish08

Well, did you think of using the car as Bruce Wayne's?

Well... not specifically, but I rather disliked the "only Batbrick" part.

Batbrick and I are here, so tough! :wink:

I just watched RotLA again, and the Flying Wing does have all that green, except the 2 parts sticking out on the wings on each side near the cockpit (don't know what they are called) which was red with the swastika on it.

You mean the tail?

And I can't stand boogers, but you don't hear me whining about it.

Really? I'm surprised, I don't ever recall green on the plane.

Wait, since the really early list we got proved correct on these two sets, do you think it will prove correct on the others? I can't remember, but it said possible sets for later in the year. Does anyone remember what they were? one of them was the Temple of Doom.

Really? I'm surprised, I don't ever recall green on the plane.

Wait, since the really early list we got proved correct on these two sets, do you think it will prove correct on the others? I can't remember, but it said possible sets for later in the year. Does anyone remember what they were?

1--I don't recall any green either. Can somebody post a pic of the Flying Wing?

2--I do think it will prove correct.

3--Fortunately for you, I remember.

And to show that I actually care, the sets are:

The Graveyard from KOTCS.

The Venice Chase from TLC.

Air Battle from TLC.

The Temple Of Doom from (no, really?) TOD.

Can't provide anymore details.

I don't recall any green either.

The prototype for this set didn't have any of that green paint. I guess they wanted a more Indiana Jones-y type of color for the set.

Fwing.jpg

Looks like faded dark green to me. The set is really a disappointment. Such a cool vehicle and scene, and the wing looks like it's made of >30 elements.

Yes, thanks for that photo. Apparently, the plane is a dark green, but I still like the set as a plain gray. And I do agree--the set does appear rather pitiful*.

*NOTE: No matter how pitiful the set may seem, I'm still buying a ton of it. :wink:

Next years IJ sets:

7195 - Egyptian Bazaar

7196 - Mutt Chase

7197 - Venice Race

7198 - Plane Race

7199 - Temple of Doom

(from an Australian retailer catalog)

Thanks, can't wait for the TOD, I guess the Bazaar has monkeys and Mutt chase!?! :sick:. at least it should have a good car.

Next years IJ sets:

7195 - Egyptian Bazaar

7196 - Mutt Chase

7197 - Venice Race

7198 - Plane Race

7199 - Temple of Doom

(from an Australian retailer catalog)

Any pictures from the catalog? Did you see the info with your own eyes in that catalog?

He didn't see it with his own eyes, but he said he will try to get pictures, I think.

It is legit though, trust me.

7195 - Egyptian Bazaar

7196 - Mutt Chase

7197 - Venice Race

7198 - Plane Race

7199 - Temple of Doom

Are you sure? :hmpf_bad: I thought TLC wasn't going to make any Temple of Doom sets because it has a too dark theme. :look:

The sets sound neat though. :thumbup:

What do you mean to dark? Also we already knew they were making TOD sets, the Chase. It surpirses me how clueless people are?

They sound legit, and I've been wanting a set based on the chase through Marshall College ever since I saw the movie (I'm assuming that's what Mutt Chase is). They've got some of the same sets we've heard rumored for a while now, and I think it'd be a better set than the Nazca graveyard duel. And a Cairo set, while vague, could give us a jacket-free Indy and a streets of Cairo Marion (Sallah, Belloq, and Monkey-Man may be pushing it). I wouldn't be surpirsed if it was a $10 set, with Indy, Marion, and a Cario swordsmen, with a cart or a fruit stand.

Please please please, let Sallah be included in the Egypt set. The Temple of Doom set sounds great. Mola Ram?!?! The air battle and Mutt chase, I care about a lot less... I'm mainly a minifig lover and I already have Indy, Henry Sr and Mutt. Though a dark green notzi would be awesome. Please, TLC? Because of the 20 year anniversary of Last Crusade? Please? :cry_happy: (How awesome would it be to have a set of the bookburning?! Indy in nazi uniform plus an Adolf Hitler minifig. I know, I know: NO CHANCE, AMIGO! It looks pretty damn sexy in my imagination, though.*)

* Obviously NOT because of any Hitler sympathies, cause I don't have those. But to me, that scene is the best use of Adolf Hitler in any movie ever: making him a joke. (The Great Dictator would be top, but that's not literally mister H. Plus the man himself apparently loved it, which is kind of... ew.)