Derek

Indy 2009 Discussion Thread

As I recall, the Shanghai Chase Indy has his white tuxedo jacket and pants, but still has his brown fedora. So yeah, it'll be a new torso print! It's about time. :)

I hope Indie gets a new print on the torso. I already have too many Indies.

I could use a new print on Indy too, seeing as how all of the Adventures line was yellow skinned.

However, I can't seem to get enough Indies...You wouldn't believe how many mocs I have made and/or are making.

Heres another pic:

a.jpg

Sweet huh?!?!

That is sweet, but I'm waiting for pics of Short Round and the German Mechanic and then i'll be happy :classic:

I found this pic on target.com: 51GwEGhNWQL._SS260_.jpg

Great find!

...and here it is in an even bigger version along with a pic of the box :wink:

51GwEGhNWQL._SS384_.jpg

61YFINKXcrL._SS384_.jpg

Thanks, Christian and legofreak. :thumbup: I really like all of the minifigs in this set- a must-buy.

YES, tan flags on Indy's car :grin: just what I need :-)

any sign of tan cheese slopes in there?

Loving those black fedoras. How much would this set cost?

TT

Great find Lego-freak and Christian!

The set looks great! I'm loving the new torsos and heads and the cars are really well-designed also.

Great news!

Great find Lego-freak and Christian!

The set looks great! I'm loving the new torsos and heads and the cars are really well-designed also.

Great news!

They could be used in a James Bond Lego set as well :laugh: .

Yes, they are cool and the fans must have their "Shangai chase" :thumbup: .

Thanks for the pics, Lego-Freak. What a wonderful set! :wub:

- Is that Lao Che I see? One of the gangsters has a moustache at least... The other gangster seems to have the flesh version of the generic criminal head.

- Willie has a screaming head! :sweet:

- The new tuxedo torsos look great!

- I love the gangster car, another beautiful Indy vehicle (though I'd like it to have less studs showing).

A must buy for me, I can't wait to see new pics of the Flying Wing. :sweet:

Edited by TinyPiesRUs

I totally love the new figure in this set. It looks like all of the figures have new torsos and heads since the preliminary pics. I am assuming Indy comes with hair and the fedora, because he has both in the pictures. At the top of my 2009 list! :thumbup:

I'm digging the figs, especially the black fedoras and new outfit for Indy. But I'm also interested in the black/tan cabin pieces, as that could work for an idea of mine.

Nice set, black fedora's for the first time to appear in a set.

Not too fond of the car wheels though. These look <insert that tiresome argument> and are also available in some of the small Lego Creative Building starter kits and other sets such as 7623 Race for the Stolen Treasure (small Jeep) and 7625 River Chase (amphibious vehicle). Basically, this means that a Jeep and an amphibious vehicle have the same wheels as a suburban gangster car and a luxurious oldtimer. A more sophisticated wheel design (which could be used for other vehicles in future sets as well) would have made this a whole lot better.

Edited by jamtf

I really prefer the "old" version a lot better. It has better guns and indy's car looked better.

I was thinking of buying this, but now I'm not sure, why must preliminary sets usually be better? :sad::thumbdown:

The only thing that improved is maybe indy and shortrounds outfit (allthought the "old" ones suited them well) and rear mudguards on the lao-ché ganster car.

Edited by Fluyt

I really prefer the "old" version a lot better. It has better guns and indy's car looked better.

I was thinking of buying this, but now I'm not sure, why must preliminary sets usually be better? :sad::thumbdown:

The only thing that improved is maybe indy and shortrounds outfit (allthought the "old" ones suited them well) and rear mudguards on the lao-ché ganster car.

Aren't you exaggerating quite a lot? The preliminary version was blatantly unfinished! All the minifigs look way better now, the old ones had outfits that didn't belonged to entirely different themes (like Speed Racer and Sta Wars) but these are brand new!

The cars look sleeker and more realistic now as well, even though I know next to nothing about the cars. :tongue:

I'm most definitely getting this set, even if it is just for the minifigs included. :wink: