Oky

Sweet! :sweet: I loved the tv show and I think it is the best show on nickelodeon. I would like them to do just a movie length episode to clear up all the loose ends like what happend to Zuko's mother, what happens with Aang and Katara and life after the war.

I am looking forward to these movies but I hope it doesnt turn out like that dragonball z movie and just kills memories of the tv show. I have good faith in M Night Shyamalan to produce a good movie though.

Thanks for the ad!

This should be absolutely marvelous. I can't wait.

The movie trailer is very promissing. :thumbup:

Now bring him back in LEGO as well!

Thanks for the link! Yes, this definitely looks much more promising than the first teaser. :thumbup: Looking forward to it now.

I got the Book 1 DVD collection for my B-day, so I'll watch it again to refresh my memories and know what to expect from the movie. :sweet:

On a sad note, I bid on a used Fire Nation Ship set on ebay yesterday. It started out at 10-20, but then rocketed to $86 within the last hour of the auction. :cry_sad: I'm in a desperate need for some Avatar figs, but not that desperate. :sadnew: Oh well, maybe some day...

Avatar is the greatest series. Ever. Characters, terrific. Plot, fantastic. Humour, outstanding. Everything, brilliant!!

Now that that is out of the way, I have to say I haven't seen the last episodes yet, from Book 3 no 16 onwards, so don't tell me what happens! They wont air for a few months more yet here, but I'll watch them online when I get back from my trip next week. I'm excited about the ending, I can't wait to see what happens!

On another note, we need to see some more Avatar MOCs! :sweet: I did one a while ago which is somewhere in the Licensed Forum (in fact its in the index, yay for me!), but I think we need some more. Perhaps when I get some more time I'll work on a few...

Greatest series ever, don't think so... Don't get me wrong its a great series and one I'll enjoy showing to my children, when I have them. However its certainly not the best ever.

I'm not so sure. It looks abnormal, Aang looks like 30 years old. :oh:

I'm not so sure. It looks abnormal, Aang looks like 30 years old. :oh:

That little kid looks 30 years old? Looks like a little kid to me.

I think this movie will likely be alright. It's got a solid director, not all his movies are so good, but they're at least solid if you know what I mean. The plot and story are pretty good, it looks to have good affects, and it has some good actors too (Dev Patel), so I predict that this movie will be quite watchable, but not wonderful. I hope I'm right, or it's better than I expect. Whenever I don't expect a movie to be stellar, at least I usually don't come away disappointed.

Saw this a couple of days ago and it's pretty awesome!

The bending looks real which was my main concern :thumbup:

Easily the best cartoon ever and looking at this mini trailer the movie should be awesome also :sweet:

BTW the full trailer comes out when ever "the Lightning thief" comes out :wink: the 12th'14th I think...:look:

:cry_happy: I can't wait until July! I'm going to see it more than once!

Me too if its a great movie! I have my doubts that it might be too asian orientated and may lose some of its edge for me but I probably dont think that will happen.

I used to watch avatar on tv,it was great but the ending did not satisfy me,not all the questions were answered.Also in the new movie coming out there are major problems,for example the boy looks more like a baby or toddler then 12 year old aang.

New Trailer! :sweet:

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

This movie is looking better all the time! The actors don't have a huge resemblance to the characters, especially Iroh, but the effects and stunts are pretty cool, so this could still be good.

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Not sure how new that trailer is. I think it was debuted during the Super-Bowl, or at Percy Jackson showings. I saw that a week or two ago. Still, thanks for deeplinking it. It does make the movie look nice I think. I'm excited.

That trailer makes me believe that the movie will be pretty good if not terrific. Im glad they seem to have American accents just to give it a bit more universal sound to it. Im not sure about the Fire Nation peoples being of Indian and middle eastern origin which kinda seems like a strange choice but I guess technically India is part of Asia

Zuko's scarless. :sceptic: That made up like 80 percent of his plot, and the whole reason he was hunting Aang in the first place.

Zuko's scarless. :sceptic: That made up like 80 percent of his plot, and the whole reason he was hunting Aang in the first place.

I was able to see it in the latest trailer but it wasnt as big as in the tv show.

You're just not thinking Hollywood enough; if he's got so much as a scratch near his left eyeball that's a massive burn scar in Hollywood terms.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Hmmm.... I'm undecided on this...

For one, none of the characters look like who they're acting. I know that anime characters are very hard to get right, but they could've at least got the details right- Ang's arrow, Katara's hair, and Zuko's scar are all wrong. Maybe part of it is that they're too young. As a general rule, actors in movies are older than the characters they're playing. To lure in the people who watched this show, who are probably around 12-15 (or older... :grin: ) by now, they should've picked older actors to make the movie more interesting to older ages.

What's wrong with Aang's arrow? I think it's good that it is comprised of mystic symbols rather than a solid blue color which might have looked weird in real life. I agree on the issue of Zuko's scar, but is it really that important what Katara's hair looks like? :sceptic: I think that much creative freedom should be given to the director.

I've only seen snippets of the show, and liked it pretty well, but remember that this is an adaption for the big screen. It is not a live action version of the show, the plot may not be what you've thought of before, and many other details are going to be different.

Just like Harry Potter or the LOTR movies are adaptions of their book source material, the Last Airbender is an adaption of its source material: the show. I suppose it's quite normal for lovers of the source material to be extremely nitpicky and critical of the adaption, but they can still try to see the movie as what it is and not as an exact copy of the source's features.

Yes, I myself have disliked certain movies based on books I've loved, like the Golden Compass, but that was because the movie was just mediocre, not because of its differences from the book.

If this movie doesn't leave too much to be desired and has the proper elements, then judge it based on what it is rather than the source that it was inspired by.

New trailer featuring Appa, Yue, Fang, and Aang's glider! :sweet: Yue is pretty spot-on. :thumbup:

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Your'e right Yue looks good. With every trailer its looking better and better!

So, uh, isn't anyone concerned about the whole race controversy?

Batbrick Away! :devil: