Oky

Today, the last few episodes of Avatar: The Last Airbender premiered on Nickelodeon in a movie called "Sozin's Comet - the Final Battle". I saw it, and I thought it was amazing! :cry_happy: It was as good as you could expect and better!

Now, with the show having ended, I thought it would be a good time to review it. I think that it was a masterpiece that was the best epic series since Harry Potter! I loved all the characters, designs, the humor and the overal feel of the show. The animation was some of the best that you can find on TV these days, and it was very well written too. The character developement, the stories, the interwovenness of the different episodes, and even the correography of the fight scenes were simply brilliant! A big bravo to the creators and makers of it! :thumbup:

But as much as I liked this show, it makes me sad that they are planning to make a live-action version of it. :sceptic: It may be interesting seeing real versions of Aang and his friends, but since the show was perfect as it was, they can only make it worse. :sadnew: Oh well, I guess it can't be any worse than the Ember Island Players' take on it! :laugh:

So, my question is: Are there any other Avatar fans here on EB? What are your thoughts about the show? Were you satisfied by the ending? And why are we seeing so few Avatar MOCs?

(Of course, this is a hater-free zone. :wink: )

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Avatar is the greatest series. Ever. Characters, terrific. Plot, fantastic. Humour, outstanding. Everything, brilliant!!

Now that that is out of the way, I have to say I haven't seen the last episodes yet, from Book 3 no 16 onwards, so don't tell me what happens! They wont air for a few months more yet here, but I'll watch them online when I get back from my trip next week. I'm excited about the ending, I can't wait to see what happens!

On another note, we need to see some more Avatar MOCs! :sweet: I did one a while ago which is somewhere in the Licensed Forum (in fact its in the index, yay for me!), but I think we need some more. Perhaps when I get some more time I'll work on a few...

I thought it was a very good show with good character development. By no means perfect of course, I found some episodes dragged tremendously while other plotline were rushed in and then gone just as quick. Katara after spending a long time doing very little with her power suddenly was a master of it too quickly as well. That said, while it has certain faults, it is one of the few standout shows as of recent, and it is great to watch and enjoy.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

I love the Avatar series. It's story, humor, and style apeals to me :grin: .I didn't get to see the final episodes before the movie, but oh well.

A really, great show! :wub:

I have seen most of the episodes but i dont really think its that good. I do think it is one of the better cartoons out there but its defaintly not the best cartoon/anime out there, no way :thumbdown:

:wink:

I love that show. It's always good for a laugh, I love the story and characters too. It's a shame that TLC didn't continue the line, but we can with some MOCs!

~Peace

That was indeedone of the very best show I have ever seen on tv. But I do agree with people who only have seen some episode as well. To really appreciate the show, one has to see it whole. One episode on itself would be just average (except for the outstanding animation and choreography, as has already been pointed out) but storywise, it wouldn't make much sense, since it's only a chapter of the whole story.

But it was fantastic right up to the end. There still were a few things that disappointed me a little, a few questions that don't really get answered but it's far from being enough to lower my opinion of it.

And the depths of the characters were amazing. Even the minor ones were highly detailed.

As for the film, I'm waiting to see. But I don't really expect much, as I can't quite imagine how they can cram the whole story inside of two hours and still keep its richness... Though I think I read somewhere it'd be a trilogy, but still...

I personally thought the entire series was amazing, especially the last movie.

SPOILERS BELOW!

I really thought Azula had taken out Zuko when she fired her lightning at Katara and he jumped in front of it and wasn't able to redirect most of it. And when Katara froze herself and Azula, I thought she was sacrificing herself. I was really surprised when she was able to waterbend around Azula and chained her.

Also, I thought Aang was toast when Ozai knocked him into the pointy rock and it punctured his scar. But then he went all Super-haxx Avatar State and came back stronger than ever! I especially liked the rock/machine gun technique he used. I wonder if Toph could do that... :look:

And then, at the end, how everyone found their place, that was cool. Mai went back to Zuko and Ty Lee joined up with Suki's group. Did they ever show what happened to Azula, though?

Also, I think one of the funniest/unexpected moments for me was after Mai helped Zuko escape from Boiling rock and Ty Lee toook out Azula, and her face was like "oh shiz wtf did I do that for?!?" :laugh:

DSR

Avatar is my favorite TV show along with the office and South Park. I thought that Nick ended it well but i dont think it should have ended. It made me sad when in the last episode i saw this:

2708902813_24524e1572_b.jpg

I thought that Avatar was also very funny. Especially The Ember Island Players i was laughing through the whole episode. Toph was i think my favorite character because i thought she was so Kick a$$. Pardon my language. Like in the last chapter when she Knocked on the door and then kicked it down and formed that Iron suite.

2708961473_d331d19c71.jpg

What now!!!

Some things of Sozin's Commit were freaky like Azula puking up lightning and having a tantrum when she had been defeated-or at least thats what it looked like-by Zuko and Katara.

2709811006_74eb91a694.jpg

I think that avatar is a very awesome show an should be continued.

I am going to start some Avatar MOCs after the summer and make some custom decals once i figure out how to use Illustrator.

THE EMBER ISLAND PLAYERS:

very funny...

2708996851_dff2c739ea.jpg

2709812890_93b1e64c53.jpg

2709812208_96ee3b6819.jpg

2709813402_56b420de5f.jpg

Edited by cartoondude

Great series, except that i didn't like the pace of the 3rd season.. It was a bit too rushed.

Except for Ember Island players and Toph thought it was awesome because she was that huge guy in the play. :pir-grin:

As for the last episode.

Azula was hilarious... Same with the fight with 'Phoenix King' Ozai and how he thought he'd won then Aang goes Avatar state... :laugh::laugh:

My only problem with the finale was Aang's hesitation to kill Ozai, I thought in the end we would have some Awesome fight (although it was quite good in the movie)

But since it's for kiddies, we didn't get to watch Ozai get roasted or blown away or something like that...

Awesome series ending.

Although I think 'Goodbye, Farewell and Amen' from M*A*S*H was THE best series finale ever... It has the ratings to prove it too... :wink:

Edited by Inertia

Although I think 'Goodbye, Farewell and Amen' from M*A*S*H was THE best series finale ever...

I almost cried watching that.

As for Avatar, I'm sad to see that it ended but I'm glad that it did. If a show, or any story for that matter, goes on for too long then it loses it meaning and becomes stale. The show was astounding for what it was able to do both in animation and story telling and it will definitely leave its mark on Nick and other children-aimed channels too. It ended well and I hope that the creators will quickly start on a new project :classic:.

I'm sad to see that it ended but I'm glad that it did. If a show, or any story for that matter, goes on for too long then it loses it meaning and becomes stale. The show was astounding for what it was able to do both in animation and story telling and it will definitely leave its mark on Nick and other children-aimed channels too. It ended well and I hope that the creators will quickly start on a new project :classic:.

I agree completely! :thumbup:

I kinda wonder what happened to Azula in the end. :look: But I guess she had the same fate as her father: Getting her bending taken away by Aang and being thrown into prison... or a psychatric hospital. :tongue:

How did you get those excellent stills, cartoondude? :oh: Apparently, you somehow used the screen print feature - I can see the EB interface on the side of one or two of them. :wink:

Yeah, Oky Wan thats what i did. If you have a mac all you have to do is hold down the apple key next to the space bar, the shift key and the 4 key.

WOW WOW WOW :oh:

I love this end :wub: !!

The fighting the..the...Everything!!

I made a Avatar-moc but I nocked it down :angry:

I'm very sad it's over now :cry_sad:

I hope there are more Avatar-mocs to come!!

Undersigned MoWo

I almost cried watching that

Yes, it was quite moving, that's why it's so good. :cry_happy:

I agree completely! :thumbup:

I kinda wonder what happened to Azula in the end. :look: But I guess she had the same fate as her father: Getting her bending taken away by Aang and being thrown into prison... or a psychatric hospital. :tongue:

How did you get those excellent stills, cartoondude? :oh: Apparently, you somehow used the screen print feature - I can see the EB interface on the side of one or two of them. :wink:

According to an official statement by Nickolodeon:

Azula was shipped off to a mental health facility on a nearby island where she is monitored around the clock. It's unclear if she will ever regain her sanity.

I guess they wanted to leave it open, as she doesn't get her bending taken away.

They're uncovering Avatar projects in the works soon, the Working title for one of them is Avatar: Universe...

Edited by Inertia

According to an official statement by Nickolodeon:

Azula was shipped off to a mental health facility on a nearby island where she is monitored around the clock. It's unclear if she will ever regain her sanity.

I guess they wanted to leave it open, as she doesn't get her bending taken away.

They're uncovering Avatar projects in the works soon, the Working title for one of them is Avatar: Universe...

I sorta just expected Azula to be next door to her father, and soul bended out of her fire powers. Avatar: Universe? Intriguing... is it a game, or a show?

Shame they didn't make more Lego sets, I'd love to have Azula, Toph minifigs.

I sorta just expected Azula to be next door to her father, and soul bended out of her fire powers. Avatar: Universe? Intriguing... is it a game, or a show?

Shame they didn't make more Lego sets, I'd love to have Azula, Toph minifigs.

Show, I do believe, it's a work in progress though.

an Azula minifig would be awesome

I can probably custom an Azula minifig, the hair is not too hard to do on sculpey. I'll see what I can do.

Wait a minute...

Why we don't start a contest!! :oh3: !!

A scene out Avatar, not so much rules!

Then we get enough Avatar-MOC's (I think... :tongue: )

I'm just a Vassal; I cant start a contest, maybe one of you can??

Undersigned MoWo

Actually, Avatar Universe sounds like the title of their new MMORPG coming out (debuting in September) but I'm not too sure. It might be a new show but I think the title sounds more fitting to a game, especially a MMO game.

As for Avatar MOCs, I have one but it's not "really" done. But I can say that it's very cool, in my opinion :wink:. I also have some MOCS planned to do in the future. I can't believe LEGO stopped making the sets since there was great potental in this line! The Fire Nation vehicles are like a steam-punk lovers dream! And I could have seen some brick made critters like the rhinos and Appa. But sadly the dream has ended. Here's hoping that there will be a new line for the movie!

Edited by Pigbrick

According to Wikipedia, the MMORPG that is to be released in September is called "Avatar: Legends of the Arena".

"Avatar: Universe" could be the third video game that will be released in September as well, even though it's a strange title for a game based on the show. :look:

An Avatar contest would be awesome :sweet: but the execution of one is up to the admins, and I don't think that there will be a lot of people interested in it (except for all of you who posted here of course :wink: ).

And yes, it would be great if TLG would make sets for the upcoming movies! :cry_happy:

Avatar MOCs and sets ON! :thumbup:

Just watched the last part and I am very disappointed. Here's why:

Azula's breakdown: Very forced, what made Azula so cool was her calm demeanour and by becoming such a mess it really downplayed her final fight. It seemed like an attempt to go all "Wow! This is psychological!" but failed for me simply because it was rushed in so quick and unbelievably.

Final Fight: Man was this staged wrong. Once each character stated or shown what they were doing you spent the next ten minutes waiting for them to succeed. Sokka states his "boomerang" idea and from there on in you know that's one threat out. But worst of all is the most important fight of all: Aang's fight. It's going great until he goes all Avatar state on us, because what should of then been the explosive climax to the fight becomes a game of cat-and-mouse where we spend a further ten minutes waiting for Aang to catch the bugger. And since he is no longer a threat all there is badguy running away for ages :thumbdown:

The End: Now I like that they left some plotlines open, but some were just WAAY too open. "What happened to my mom?" *cut to what is meant to be leader of the fire nation Zuko to him happy making tea in Bah Sing Sa* :wacko: We never even see any interaction from Sokka and Suki at the end, infact, we never even got a proper goodbye from Sokka at all!

The Gutlessness: Nothing surprising whatsoever happened in the finale at all. Any characters die? Nope. Any good twists? Nope (the Fire Nation plan doesn't count as the threat was destroyed almost immediately). Any surprises for the finish? Nope. All that it ends is the typical "goodguy spares Badguy's life and restores order" ending with a sickly sweet Disney happiness strung on the end.

There was one redeeming factor in Mark Hamill voicing Fire Lord Ozai however, that was cool.

Thoughts?

Just watched the last part and I am very disappointed. Here's why:

Azula's breakdown: Very forced, what made Azula so cool was her calm demeanour and by becoming such a mess it really downplayed her final fight. It seemed like an attempt to go all "Wow! This is psychological!" but failed for me simply because it was rushed in so quick and unbelievably.

Final Fight: Man was this staged wrong. Once each character stated or shown what they were doing you spent the next ten minutes waiting for them to succeed. Sokka states his "boomerang" idea and from there on in you know that's one threat out. But worst of all is the most important fight of all: Aang's fight. It's going great until he goes all Avatar state on us, because what should of then been the explosive climax to the fight becomes a game of cat-and-mouse where we spend a further ten minutes waiting for Aang to catch the bugger. And since he is no longer a threat all there is badguy running away for ages :thumbdown:

The End: Now I like that they left some plotlines open, but some were just WAAY too open. "What happened to my mom?" *cut to what is meant to be leader of the fire nation Zuko to him happy making tea in Bah Sing Sa* :wacko: We never even see any interaction from Sokka and Suki at the end, infact, we never even got a proper goodbye from Sokka at all!

The Gutlessness: Nothing surprising whatsoever happened in the finale at all. Any characters die? Nope. Any good twists? Nope (the Fire Nation plan doesn't count as the threat was destroyed almost immediately). Any surprises for the finish? Nope. All that it ends is the typical "goodguy spares Badguy's life and restores order" ending with a sickly sweet Disney happiness strung on the end.

There was one redeeming factor in Mark Hamill voicing Fire Lord Ozai however, that was cool.

Thoughts?

You seem to forget that this is still a kids show, it's target age is for someone between the age of 10-16. They can't really kill anybody, it's Nickelodeon, so far I've never seen anyone die in one of their shows. I like how they ended it actually, cause throughout the show, they set up Aang as a very passive characters, he feels remorse, unlike Ozai. In the first season, he was actually mortified with all the damage he did in the finale, and no one even died there. If in the season 3 finale, they make Aang kill Ozai, it just takes away from everything they've tried to set up.

As for the "What happened to my mom?" part. An interview with the creators said that there WAS a scene where Zuko and his mom meet again, but they took that out of the episode. Azula is in a mental asylum. She actually started becoming psychotic in The Boiling Rock episode, when her best friends betrayed her, so they've actually been building up that part of her character, they just did it pretty badly. I think, with a complex character like Azula, they should place more screentime on her. If they can focus one whole episode on Appa and Momo, they should focus one whole episode on Azula.

I was surprised there are so many fans of avatar here on EB but I am glad to see I am not alone! The ending was awesome how he found a way to take the fire lords bending instead of killing him! :sweet:

I am also surprised that they stopped making Lego avatar I thought allot of people liked it! :hmpf_bad:

Edited by computerbug

Avatar is the greatest series. Ever. Characters, terrific. Plot, fantastic. Humour, outstanding. Everything, brilliant!!

Now that that is out of the way, I have to say I haven't seen the last episodes yet, from Book 3 no 16 onwards, so don't tell me what happens! They wont air for a few months more yet here, but I'll watch them online when I get back from my trip next week. I'm excited about the ending, I can't wait to see what happens!

On another note, we need to see some more Avatar MOCs! :sweet: I did one a while ago which is somewhere in the Licensed Forum (in fact its in the index, yay for me!), but I think we need some more. Perhaps when I get some more time I'll work on a few...

Same here! I've seen the first season and a half!!! I absolutely love this show :thumbup::cry_happy: It has everything the Drag-man said and more!!! :wub: Typing can not describe how much I love the show!! The only bad thing is it's only on pay-TV most the time. It's hardly ever on fre-TV :hmpf_bad:

I love the Avatar series. It's story, humor, and style apeals to me .I didn't get to see the final episodes before the movie, but oh well.

A really, great show!

Movie? When, where, why??? (well why is because it's awsome :tongue::thumbup::wub: )