Sir Archibald

[WIP] 2024 Lego Islanders Catamaran

Hello, its been a few years,

In the passed months I worked a couple of hours each week my new project that I want to upload to lego Ideas.

It would be awesome to have some feedback and support, in case you like it, when I upload the idea during december. 

Pictures upload seems to still be unreasonable small here. so ill put in the bricklink if that's allowed: https://www.bricklink.com/v3/studio/design.page?idModel=488753

2707592.5FEE47EB629C56E5.png

2707631.BE79527A5E0580E9.png

let me know what you think ;)

Edited by Sir Archibald

12 minutes ago, Sir Archibald said:

Pictures upload seems to still be unreasonable small here.

Ahoy @Sir Archibald :pir-huzzah2:

You have to host your pictures somewhere else, on imgur ar an other image hosting site or basically every site where you can upload pictures. Then you add the link to the image to your forum post and the image will be shown here.

14 minutes ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Ahoy @Sir Archibald :pir-huzzah2:

You have to host your pictures somewhere else, on imgur ar an other image hosting site or basically every site where you can upload pictures. Then you add the link to the image to your forum post and the image will be shown here.

Ah yes I forgot about this. ill see what I can do. 

24 minutes ago, Sir Archibald said:

Ah yes I forgot about this. ill see what I can do. 

You can also simply copy the image address from your bricklink pictures. Add the image address to your post and it will be shown automatically.

I really like your islander catamaran! It's of substantial size and carries an impressive throne! How thick is the brickbuild sail? Is it just one plate thick? Then i it would be impossible to build it in real life.

The sail is not finished yet, its in my design notes. im still working on it. this is just the prototype. 

The throne is detachable ;)

And thank you :)

12 hours ago, Sir Archibald said:

Pictures upload seems to still be unreasonable small here.

Image upload capacity should increase after you made 10 posts.

But the images on Bricklink also seem rather small (they're only 540x540 pixels there), which is a shame because this is an AWESOME upgrade the Islander Catamaran! :pir-stareyes:

3 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

Image upload capacity should increase after you made 10 posts.

But the images on Bricklink also seem rather small (they're only 540x540 pixels there), which is a shame because this is an AWESOME upgrade the Islander Catamaran! :pir-stareyes:

Yes you are right Ill do a big render update at the end of this weekend. 

Thank you :)

I was having a bit of fun with the "fish/lizard" part: it would be nice if the parts could be used like this, but maybe its to much:

2708558.A126F4E27AC20304.png

I want the catamaran and crew in the end to look like a royal hunting party including the prince or king at the drums ;)

ill also try to test a giant crocodile, with the detachable head and tail to be added to the ships modular slots. that seems more in theme ofcourse to the original islanders

also now I think of it, it always seemed that the crocodiles where considered a holy animal that lived in symbiose with the islanders and only attacked pirates and other intruders xD

Edited by Sir Archibald

This catamaran is just awesome. I love the details, the colours, even the minifigures! You did an great job!

I love everything about this! So captivating. 

...And brings back memories of having islanders catamaran set as a kid :pir-wench: