Sign in to follow this  
brenden perkins

any new trains?

If we've heard anything about upcoming sets, it'll be in the front page or in the forums. There is supposed to be some remote controlled trains coming out sometime next year however, incase you haven't heard.

I've been waiting for some more BNSF rolling stock. I would love to see a new box car or refrigerator car.

And I just hope this new R/C stuff won't render are old gray track useless.

Is it really a new R/C system or "just" a new R/C train? Lot's of rumors so far...

If it is remote control, then it will probably have a new R/C motor that may be battery powered. If this is the case, electric track won't be needed. - this is my worry, but we'll see.

I also hope that the scale is the same as well - but you never know what Lego will do?

Yes, there are many possibilities. There could be a R/C system for the electric tracks themselves. Controling the flow of current and the direction of the train. This would seem like the best option.

If it is remote control, then it will probably have a new R/C motor that may be battery powered. If this is the case, electric track won't be needed. - this is my worry, but we'll see.

If this is the case I just hope that tracks stay the same or are at least compatible. Nothing stops a battery-powered train from running on electric track, now, does it? :-)

Yes, there are many possibilities. There could be a R/C system for the electric tracks themselves. Controling the flow of current and the direction of the train. This would seem like the best option.

Sounds terrific. But wouldn't that be a quite "complicated" system like the 12V system that LEGO wanted to avoid by switching to the "simple" 9V system? I wouldn't mind but I heard 12V was deemed to complicated by customers hence the switch...

Let's talk about trains!

Last year I got myself the 4513 Grand Central Station for Christmas and also 2 spiderman trains, it worked for me!. I just didn't want to buy proper lego trains and all the electrick tracks, all the stuff... no disrespect to any train fans here, but to me they just look so complicated and BIG.

On the other hand they are way cool, but to me it was a matter of (lack of) space. You know what the perfect transport is? The wonderful airport shuttle! http://www.brickset.com/search.aspx?query=6399

One day they'll turn it a legend and I will make my childhood dream come true... BUT as soon as I heard the rumors/news about the new remote control trains, I decided to wait and see!! Who knows, maybe I'll trun into a train fan someday, who wants to convince me!!