MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2024 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Recommended Posts

You can like vague hints or you can dislike them. Taking 2 pages to vent your opinion about that is not what this thread is for.

3 hours ago, itsjustajoe said:

Reaching out on behalf of the server.

Brick Tap does not exist to serve the Eurobricks community. Go ahead and delete if you want. We, the admin team only make posts when we're confident in our news/reveals section, or posts on the reddit community. Discussion in the channels is just merely discussion of rumors and leaks, when we have decided something is confident enough to confirm, we make posts. Leakers of any credibility are welcome to talk about the rumors they've heard about in the server, but we don't confirm/deny them until we've made a post.

The jedi temple and z95 rumors are completely fake.

Harassment of users, and brigading for your own gain is not tolerated in the Brick Tap community. Please leave our members alone. Playing telephone between different platforms helps no one. 

If you have a specific problem please send me a PM or use the "report" feature. Sending a general message about a Discord server is not what this thread is for.

 

Please bring this topic back on target.  I'd like this to turn into a natural lull in the current arguments that transforms into proper, on track discussion. If it doesn't, I'll lock the thread for a day or two.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Z-95 and Jedi Temple rumours are now confirmed fakes? Oh no! Anyway… :tongue: Don’t really care, to be honest. Sure, Bly and Yaddle would‘ve been awesome minifigs to get, but it‘s not like this was our only chance :laugh: 

Actually, I‘m even happy to hear this, as it means Ahsoka sets are back on the menu, boys!! :moar: Sure, it would be a pretty fast-paced design and production process (11 months as opposed to 12+ for previous show-based spoiler sets), but it‘s doable, I think!

And even if not, Thrawn, Ezra, Enoch, the Great Mothers, and the Night Troopers will definitely appear again, either in S2 or the Filoni movie. Getting these minifigs is a question of when, not if :grin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Renown said:

 

 

 

 

 

Luke 6:35 "But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked."

Right, just watching through A New Hope again to see what scene Luke is in at the moment he’s been on screen for 6 minutes and 35 seconds to see what set we’re getting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Flawless Cowboy said:

The “no ahsoka sets” was a red flag for me. Fan requests for Thrawn have to be at least as popular as fan requests for Gideon

The fastest we’ve yet to see Lego crank out a set after the show releases is probably the Razor Crest, which they got out in 10 months trying desperately to capitalize off of Grogu’s ridiculous popularity. So getting any Ahsoka sets would be a real long shot next year anyways. January 2025 is a much more reasonable timeframe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, QuiggoldsPegLeg said:

The fastest we’ve yet to see Lego crank out a set after the show releases is probably the Razor Crest, which they got out in 10 months trying desperately to capitalize off of Grogu’s ridiculous popularity. So getting any Ahsoka sets would be a real long shot next year anyways. January 2025 is a much more reasonable timeframe. 

Assuming they didn‘t get to see any material beforehand :wink: Grogu was kept under wraps for all toy companies, so they were just as surprised as us watchers. I don‘t think the same is true for Thrawn and Ezra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HothFan1987 said:

Right, just watching through A New Hope again to see what scene Luke is in at the moment he’s been on screen for 6 minutes and 35 seconds to see what set we’re getting. 

Had we not already just gotten one, I would have thought that this was a hint for a final duel diorama! 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, NeutralNoodle said:

It IS a Z-95, but it’s Bode Akuna’s

@NeutralNoodle is the only leaker I trust.

9 hours ago, Renown said:

Luke 6:35 "But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked."

Long Live Renown! 

 

The most recent batch of leaks of "summer" sets being fake makes me wonder, what are the release dates for the three real ones that leaked? I would assume the other Mando S3 sets are coming in may with Grogu's escape, but the Y-wing could slot anywhere into 1HY.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

The most recent batch of leaks of "summer" sets being fake makes me wonder, what are the release dates for the three real ones that leaked? I would assume the other Mando S3 sets are coming in may with Grogu's escape, but the Y-wing could slot anywhere into 1HY.

The rumours said June, which would be funny. We went from the old pattern of having two waves a year to three once TFA came out, and now we’re at five?! :laugh:

Out of these, the June one easily sounds the best so far! The January one on the other hand can hardly be called a wave even :laugh_hard:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The rumours said June, which would be funny. We went from the old pattern of having two waves a year to three once TFA came out, and now we’re at five?! :laugh:

Out of these, the June one easily sounds the best so far! The January one on the other hand can hardly be called a wave even :laugh_hard:

When there are more Star Wars waves in a year than Disney Plus Marvel content releases, we are indeed at a stranger point of the past few years. 

That being said, I do like the staggered waves, especially with April generally being more 18+ heavy and surrounding waves being more kid-friendly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This may not be the right place for this comment, so apologies if I am in the wrong here.   I have been giving a lot of thought to the concept of the leaker and how Lego deals with leaks.   We all know that Lego has gotten much better about controlling leaks in the past few years.  With the sudden amount of "leaks" that have come out in the recent weeks, I am wondering if Lego is doing two things.  The first is figuring out where the leaks are actually coming from. This is a common approach used when dealing with potential security breaches.  We would internally send around documents that mostly said the same thing (so that the actual job could get done) but would switch out slight details here and there so if the document ended up somewhere we could figure out who it came from.  (i.e. who was sharing that shouldn't have been)   The second would be to test ideas that we aren't fully ready to commit to, or are trying to figure out which way to go on something.  These rumors seem to fit both categories, but I am leaning towards Lego really trying to figure out where their leaks are.  And my guess is that the leaks are not coming from the LSW team, but somewhere else in the company.  My guess would be someone on the marketing team or the sales team.  You could give them just enough real information to allow them to do there job, but change enough of the facts that you would know who the leaker was. 

For example, (this is not real) the Jedi temple could really be the Endor Bunker.  From a marketing and sales standpoint, they both would be large sets portraying an important site/event in universe.  So the approach to both would likely be the same at a high level.  And the work done by the team would not necessarily be wasted and you would find your leaker.  Same thing could happen for a ship.  Pick two similar style ships and see what happens. 

Further, it does seem that leaks are mostly sought after for the licensed themes, and the more adult focused lines.  (Modular, CMF, Icons, etc).  Which makes finding the leaks that much more valuable.   Just a thought and sorry if its in the wrong place.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MSY-MSP said:

This may not be the right place for this comment, so apologies if I am in the wrong here.   I have been giving a lot of thought to the concept of the leaker and how Lego deals with leaks.   We all know that Lego has gotten much better about controlling leaks in the past few years.  With the sudden amount of "leaks" that have come out in the recent weeks, I am wondering if Lego is doing two things.  The first is figuring out where the leaks are actually coming from. This is a common approach used when dealing with potential security breaches.  We would internally send around documents that mostly said the same thing (so that the actual job could get done) but would switch out slight details here and there so if the document ended up somewhere we could figure out who it came from.  (i.e. who was sharing that shouldn't have been)   The second would be to test ideas that we aren't fully ready to commit to, or are trying to figure out which way to go on something.  These rumors seem to fit both categories, but I am leaning towards Lego really trying to figure out where their leaks are.  And my guess is that the leaks are not coming from the LSW team, but somewhere else in the company.  My guess would be someone on the marketing team or the sales team.  You could give them just enough real information to allow them to do there job, but change enough of the facts that you would know who the leaker was. 

For example, (this is not real) the Jedi temple could really be the Endor Bunker.  From a marketing and sales standpoint, they both would be large sets portraying an important site/event in universe.  So the approach to both would likely be the same at a high level.  And the work done by the team would not necessarily be wasted and you would find your leaker.  Same thing could happen for a ship.  Pick two similar style ships and see what happens. 

Further, it does seem that leaks are mostly sought after for the licensed themes, and the more adult focused lines.  (Modular, CMF, Icons, etc).  Which makes finding the leaks that much more valuable.   Just a thought and sorry if its in the wrong place.  

When you see leaks that turn out to be bogus, they're coming from trolls, pure and simple. It happens every year, right around the time the real leaks surface.

When you see leaks this early that turn out to be legit, they generally originate from third-party stores which have been shown a list of upcoming products (and occasionally pics of those products) so that they can get their orders in for the next 6 months. This too happens every year (twice a year), pretty much like clockwork.

LEGO is certainly doing what they can to clamp down on leaks, and they may well be using the tactics you describe to zero in on the perpetrators. But I believe this is more directed at LAN members who share press releases and photos despite being under NDA, and LEGO's own store employees taking pics in the back room, etc.

As for LEGO using leaks to gather market research... no. Just, no.

Edited by jdubbs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't they use the "send out legitimate details but very slightly change some details between them" strategy with the UCS Landspeeder reveal a year or two ago?  I feel like I remember a whole fiasco involving some LAN YouTubers/bloggers getting in trouble, but I can't recall exactly if I'm combining multiple incidents or completely fabricating this story in my mind...

Anyway, I'm super excited to hear about the Rex microfighter.  Not counting the Bantha, I think that this is the first vehicle we've gotten a microfighter of before a system scale version, which is a little interesting.  I would bet within the next couple of years, we might get a full-scale version of this Y-Wing color scheme?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

Anyway, I'm super excited to hear about the Rex microfighter.  Not counting the Bantha, I think that this is the first vehicle we've gotten a microfighter of before a system scale version, which is a little interesting.  I would bet within the next couple of years, we might get a full-scale version of this Y-Wing color scheme?

It's close, but not quite. Tallie Lintra's A-wing comes to mind, and if we want to get really pedantic, the ski speeder in the system set technically had a different color scheme, with red accents instead of blue (That said, I don't recall accents of any color on the ones in the film...)

I don't think there's an actual link, I think it's just that sets that get microfighters tend to be either iconic vehicles or from whatever new film is out, and those tend to already have system sets. This rex one is a variant of a pretty well known vehicle (the y-wing) and is probably mainly coming out because they know how well a $13 set with Rex will sell.

For a system set coming anytime soon, I dunno. On the one hand, we're overdue for a system Y-wing, but I feel like the Rebel one is more popular/iconic overall and it's a sort of "we always get boba's slave 1" situation. I feel like if a system version of rex's Y-wing was in the pipeline, they'd avoid the microfighter to get more sales of the system one from people wanting a rex fig but not wanting to spend hundreds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I don't think there's an actual link, I think it's just that sets that get microfighters tend to be either iconic vehicles or from whatever new film is out, and those tend to already have system sets. This rex one is a variant of a pretty well known vehicle (the y-wing) and is probably mainly coming out because they know how well a $13 set with Rex will sell.

For a system set coming anytime soon, I dunno. On the one hand, we're overdue for a system Y-wing, but I feel like the Rebel one is more popular/iconic overall and it's a sort of "we always get boba's slave 1" situation. I feel like if a system version of rex's Y-wing was in the pipeline, they'd avoid the microfighter to get more sales of the system one from people wanting a rex fig but not wanting to spend hundreds.

I mean we do have a yellow markings rebel Y-wing with Yavin 4 so a blue markings republic one might be different enough to sell concurrently whilst another rebel one might 'compete' more with the Yavin set.

And being cynical, most people buy mircofighters for the minifigs, so if we got a system Rex's Y-wing before or at the same time as the mircofighters, few people would get both, as those that only wanted Rex would get the mircofighter, and those interested in the build itself would get the system set.

But if they release the mircofighter first they a lot more people will buy it and then might also buy a system scale one released afterwards, especially if it includes more exclusive characters ( say Jesse, R7 and then a non-exclusive Rex and Ahsoka for CWS7 or a new Helmet Echo and a Bracca scrapper guild member with repeat figures of Rex and another Bad Batch member). And that's not even thinking about the potential for literally any star wars character to show up as an anniversary fig as well. So they'd be more likely to get some people to buy both if they released the mircofighter first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speculating about the hyped minifig(s) in the $40 August set is pointless, but I still can’t help but wonder what character(s) would spark a reaction like that :laugh: Star Wars as a franchise is so big, there are some characters that a huge chunk of the fandom would go bananas over, while leaving another large chunk completely cold at the same time :snicker:

All I hope for is a new character. A redo of a previous minifig wouldn’t be bad (say, a new Zeb), but not worthy of this kind of teasing :tongue: 

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Speculating about the hyped minifig(s) in the $40 August set is pointless, but I still can’t help but wonder what character(s) would spark a reaction like that :laugh: Star Wars as a franchise is so big, there are some characters that a huge chunk of the fandom would go bananas over, while leaving another large chunk completely cold at the same time :snicker:

All I hope for is a new character. A redo of a previous minifig wouldn’t be bad (say, a new Zeb), but not worthy of this kind of teasing :tongue: 

Given how much LEGO is throwing desired figs into cheap sets, I wouldn't be surprised if one of them is Thrawn at this point. haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

Given how much LEGO is throwing desired figs into cheap sets, I wouldn't be surprised if one of them is Thrawn at this point. haha

Ehhh. Sure, I’m hopeful they managed to fast-track Ahsoka spoiler sets, but everyone and their grandma is expecting a new Thrawn minifig at this point. @Renown makes it sound like a surprise, so it has to be someone else!

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a wild guess...

Since Renown knows about the fig selection, and his comment on the set being " ...it could well be (Z-95), and might well be within the realm of possibility for all I know... ", is it safe to say that these figs are most likely clones, or troopers ? I mean, sounds to me that the possibility of a Z-95 is not completely ruled out, which means the set could be some kind of military vehicle, and it's natural to throw in some clones or troopers.

If so, then maybe, just maybe, Republic Commandos ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, order69 said:

Just a wild guess...

Since Renown knows about the fig selection, and his comment on the set being " ...it could well be (Z-95), and might well be within the realm of possibility for all I know... ", is it safe to say that these figs are most likely clones, or troopers ?

Excellent point, I completely forgot about this comment!! :oh3: Well, this pretty clearly indicates it’s a set based on TCW as that‘s where Z-95s showed up by the most. The minifig doesn’t have to be a clone trooper though, could also be a jedi or separatist character!

Unless they‘ll still be doing anniversary minifigs in August, but we haven‘t heard anything to suggest that :tongue:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Unless they‘ll still be doing anniversary minifigs in August, but we haven‘t heard anything to suggest that :tongue:

Would be pretty bizarre if they didn't, an anniversary is a whole year and I doubt they'd just do Fives and Malak for the whole year!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Agent Kallus said:

Would be pretty bizarre if they didn't, an anniversary is a whole year and I doubt they'd just do Fives and Malak for the whole year!?

Hmm, true. But none of the June sets are (currently) rumoured to have any either! :shrug_oh_well: And neither does the BARC speeder!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Hmm, true. But none of the June sets are (currently) rumoured to have any either! :shrug_oh_well: And neither does the BARC speeder!

But since we can assume it'll be more than 2 sets, then it's more likely that the rest will show up somewhere. And it'd more likely for them to show up in the sets we know less about, the ones later in the year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, order69 said:

Just a wild guess...

Since Renown knows about the fig selection, and his comment on the set being " ...it could well be (Z-95), and might well be within the realm of possibility for all I know... ", is it safe to say that these figs are most likely clones, or troopers ? I mean, sounds to me that the possibility of a Z-95 is not completely ruled out, which means the set could be some kind of military vehicle, and it's natural to throw in some clones or troopers.

If so, then maybe, just maybe, Republic Commandos ?

 

This is a really good point, I’d forgotten it was this specific. 
 

Then if it’s a clone wars character I’m leaning towards, Wat Tambor, a new Jedi or a specific clone i.e. a clone commando. 
 

I’m excited to see the build for the Barc speeder! Hopefully it’s somewhat scaled down and massable. 
 

Crazy to think we are getting the clone/droids battle pack in around 7 weeks and we still don’t have pictures and more details on what the droids will look like!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now