MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2024 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Recommended Posts

Think my previous post got deleted so just want to clarify that as far as I can tell this is genuine information and is not me making a guess:

There's a post on Reddit of Brick Clicker confirming that the figure is young Leia. 

Edited by CallumPears

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CF Mitch said:

To be honest, I can't remember exactly, aside from ordering them on BL. 
I guess they just weren't that expensive at the time (probably around or not long after the turbotank micro was available), as I always set a limit for myself of how much I want to spend on a minifigure.

Regards,
Mitch

That's a fair point, I don't think clones started getting expensive until around the time the sequel trilogy wrapped up.

2 hours ago, Ringwraith said:

I definitely feel that Lego gets away with it as prequel fans are too busy shredding helmet holes and a lack of accessories (a valid moan in fairness) while the firehawk is just gonna be bought for kids  and not diehard lego fans who analyse price/part ratios and who harken back to something a decade and a half ago lol 

I would get the lack of accessories if the characters had them in canon, or if the set felt overpriced- but it's one of the few reasonably priced sets at this size we've had in awhile, and it's not like they're needed for the figures- sure, the clones CAN wear visors and rangefinders, but 90% of troops don't. 

This constant firebombing of everything put out really annoys me, because it dilutes actual issues, such as the skyrocketing prices of a lot of these sets. But when the fans get just as up in arms about one of the small side builds in a battle pack being non-canon as they do about a set being a good 30-40% overpriced, or even something like the lack of cloth kamas, it's a lot easier for lego to shrug off the complaints.

 

29 minutes ago, Minishark2000 said:

Why did I get banned from speaking for 2 hours, all I did was comment on what the other guy said. Like what?

Not trying to minimod, but MKAJosh has been telling us to clamp down about the falconfan fig, so that's probably why. Until a reliable source confirms it directly, I think the topic's been closed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CallumPears said:

Think my previous post got deleted so just want to clarify that as far as I can tell this is genuine information and is not me making a guess:

There's a post on Reddit of Brick Clicker confirming that the figure is young Leia. 

Someone took the message out of context sadly. I was saying someone on Eurobricks had mentioned it could be that. 

I'd of thought people would at least ask before screenshotting a private DM and posting it to Reddit...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

This constant firebombing of everything put out really annoys me, because it dilutes actual issues, such as the skyrocketing prices of a lot of these sets. But when the fans get just as up in arms about one of the small side builds in a battle pack being non-canon as they do about a set being a good 30-40% overpriced, or even something like the lack of cloth kamas, it's a lot easier for lego to shrug off the complaints.

100% this. I personally think the crazy prices are a far bigger concern than a lot of the relatively minor set/figure issues that get brought up.

Maybe a controversial take, but I'd much rather prices come down, than sets be made "perfectly" (always subjective) but at huge markups. I'm happy to support this battle pack for being genuinely good value in this day and age, because that's a rarity for LSW.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hot take I don't think comparatively Lego is any more expensive than it was in the past. In Canada atleast, I sometimes go through old catalogs from the 90s that I have, and WOW, a 350 piece set for 64.99 CAD in 1997? I mean can you imagine that price with inflation nowadays? Granted sure some of the parts back then were blockier/more expensive to produce but even looking at recent Star wars sets, e.g. late 2000s early 2010s the price trends are pretty similar to the ones now, if not worse priced. If we take into account that there's been inflation and our wages haven't risen proportionally, sure it can seem really expensive, but aside from outliers like the Justifier I feel like Lego is technically the cheapest it's ever been. 

Does this sound weird or does it make sense, not sure but wanted to throw it out there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Brick Clicker said:

Someone took the message out of context sadly. I was saying someone on Eurobricks had mentioned it could be that. 

I'd of thought people would at least ask before screenshotting a private DM and posting it to Reddit...

Ahh ok that's unfortunate. Thanks for the clarification 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Minishark2000 said:

Hot take I don't think comparatively Lego is any more expensive than it was in the past. In Canada atleast, I sometimes go through old catalogs from the 90s that I have, and WOW, a 350 piece set for 64.99 CAD in 1997? I mean can you imagine that price with inflation nowadays? Granted sure some of the parts back then were blockier/more expensive to produce but even looking at recent Star wars sets, e.g. late 2000s early 2010s the price trends are pretty similar to the ones now, if not worse priced. If we take into account that there's been inflation and our wages haven't risen proportionally, sure it can seem really expensive, but aside from outliers like the Justifier I feel like Lego is technically the cheapest it's ever been. 

Does this sound weird or does it make sense, not sure but wanted to throw it out there

Sets used to have a LOT more larger pieces, that's one of the main things. It's why the price-per-part ratio really hasn't been a good indicator of value in a decade or so- there are so many pieces the size of a 1x2 plate now. It might have been a 350 piece set, but it was probably the same amount of plastic in a 500-600 pc set today.

19 hours ago, Brick Clicker said:

Someone took the message out of context sadly. I was saying someone on Eurobricks had mentioned it could be that. 

I'd of thought people would at least ask before screenshotting a private DM and posting it to Reddit...

Thank you for clarifying! I kind of assumed it wasn't being put in the correct context since you hadn't directly said it.

19 hours ago, SketchBrick said:

100% this. I personally think the crazy prices are a far bigger concern than a lot of the relatively minor set/figure issues that get brought up.

Maybe a controversial take, but I'd much rather prices come down, than sets be made "perfectly" (always subjective) but at huge markups. I'm happy to support this battle pack for being genuinely good value in this day and age, because that's a rarity for LSW.

My thoughts exactly- lego is, when it comes down to it, a toy. That doesn't mean they shouldn't strive for quality regardless, but the products should be affordable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, CallumPears said:

Think my previous post got deleted so just want to clarify that as far as I can tell this is genuine information and is not me making a guess:

There's a post on Reddit of Brick Clicker confirming that the figure is young Leia. 

If you think your post has been deleted you should think twice before posting the same information again. The rumor mill has finally stopped on the young Leia so I'll let this comment stand. But please read the rules and especially posts by moderators.

21 hours ago, Minishark2000 said:

Why did I get banned from speaking for 2 hours, all I did was comment on what the other guy said. Like what?

If you had read what I posted you'd know why. Thank you for bringing the conversation back on track.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, SketchBrick said:

Maybe a controversial take, but I'd much rather prices come down, than sets be made "perfectly" (always subjective) but at huge markups. I'm happy to support this battle pack for being genuinely good value in this day and age, because that's a rarity for LSW.

I wholeheartedly agree. I won't say that I'm annoyed by the constant complaining about for instance prints on clone trooper helmets not being 100 percent like on screen, but to me it's a complete non-issue. It's lego, a toy first and foremost, and I would even be more than happy if they toned down the detail on minifigs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Minishark2000 said:

Hot take I don't think comparatively Lego is any more expensive than it was in the past. In Canada atleast, I sometimes go through old catalogs from the 90s that I have, and WOW, a 350 piece set for 64.99 CAD in 1997? I mean can you imagine that price with inflation nowadays? Granted sure some of the parts back then were blockier/more expensive to produce but even looking at recent Star wars sets, e.g. late 2000s early 2010s the price trends are pretty similar to the ones now, if not worse priced. If we take into account that there's been inflation and our wages haven't risen proportionally, sure it can seem really expensive, but aside from outliers like the Justifier I feel like Lego is technically the cheapest it's ever been. 

I remember in Jangbrick's review of the 2023 Eldorado Fortress, he sort of talks about this, bringing up the price/piece of the original and comparing it to the price/piece of the new one and essentially giving the conclusion that accounting for inflation and the amount of "stuff" that you get in each one, they were roughly the same value-wise.  Part of his argument was pretty interesting, actually, he said that in his opinion, LEGO has always been expensive, but there was a period in the late 2000s/2010s where inflation hadn't really caught up to it, and then all of a sudden, in the last 4-5 years, they've sort of overcorrected and that's why we've seen price jumps in sets. 

In the context of Star Wars, I think this is pretty true, since battle packs were originally $10, then had crept up to like $12 or 13 by 2015ish (which, considering they had come out in 2007, that's not a bad jump at all over like 8 years), and then after being brought back, were suddenly $20, and now are listed at, what, $26, but no one is actually selling them for that price.  So the actual rate of inflation of prices has been all over the place, but the end dollar amount isn't really more than it would've been if they'd just steadily increased it by 50 cents or so per year since 2007, we just had a couple of larger leaps in price which make it feel worse than it is.

I realize this isn't exactly what you said, since he was saying that the 2000s/2010s were cheaper than today, but I thought it was pretty interesting nonetheless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, LemonFlavouredBleach said:

honda civic

Ketamine yoda minifig confirmed for 2024 2HY. All you lurkers reading this, go post it on discord/instagram/reddit as absolute fact.

3 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

I remember in Jangbrick's review of the 2023 Eldorado Fortress, he sort of talks about this, bringing up the price/piece of the original and comparing it to the price/piece of the new one and essentially giving the conclusion that accounting for inflation and the amount of "stuff" that you get in each one, they were roughly the same value-wise.  Part of his argument was pretty interesting, actually, he said that in his opinion, LEGO has always been expensive, but there was a period in the late 2000s/2010s where inflation hadn't really caught up to it, and then all of a sudden, in the last 4-5 years, they've sort of overcorrected and that's why we've seen price jumps in sets. 

In the context of Star Wars, I think this is pretty true, since battle packs were originally $10, then had crept up to like $12 or 13 by 2015ish (which, considering they had come out in 2007, that's not a bad jump at all over like 8 years), and then after being brought back, were suddenly $20, and now are listed at, what, $26, but no one is actually selling them for that price.  So the actual rate of inflation of prices has been all over the place, but the end dollar amount isn't really more than it would've been if they'd just steadily increased it by 50 cents or so per year since 2007, we just had a couple of larger leaps in price which make it feel worse than it is.

I realize this isn't exactly what you said, since he was saying that the 2000s/2010s were cheaper than today, but I thought it was pretty interesting nonetheless.

This is actually a good point in general. I didn't do a ton of research- finals week- but some cursory glances (the clone walker being $12 in 2009 would be $17 today) do imply a pricing increase correlation- though not one as much as lego increases the prices by- $17 obviously being less than $20, and we've seen lego's fine with nonstandard product prices given the $16 mechs and $11 sets creeping around. It all just depends on what you use as the baseline of how much lego *should* be worth, which is a lot more subjective than set prices rising faster/slower than the inflation rate.

IIRC the battle packs were around $10, and had a pretty normal creep to $11, $12, $13, before the Rogue One packs upset everyone by moving to $15, where they stood until 2022's move to $20 (it's important to note that we went a full two years between standard battle packs after the last $15 ones, so while a $20 leap in two years is drastic, it's not overnight.). The 332nd price increase to $26 was never actually implemented, though it was rumored, and I have no trouble at all believing lego would try it given how well the clone battle packs are assumably doing.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I made this earlier in 2023 and it happens to suit this line of discussion very well. It's the pricing of regular Star Wars battle packs charted by year, with a comparison to the inflation-adjusted prices over the same period.

It demonstrates how (from Lego's perspective) battle packs become cheaper every year the price isn't increased, so they're obviously motivated to raise it every so often.

It also shows that battle packs were never really $10, since that's equivalent to about $15 in today's dollars. In reality, they've almost always fluctuated between $15 and $20 once we account for inflation - reaching an equivalent of $18.40 in 2017 - so the modern pricing of $19.99 really isn't that unprecedented.

Not that I wouldn't like to see these prices come down, but in this instance it's not as egregious as it first seems.

Battle Pack Price Graph.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just seen the AAT polybag has been leaked…and along with that is a gorgeous looking TPM 25th anniversary logo. God I hope it means a Naboo Royal Starship, it would be the perfect set to accompany the buildable droideka and the podrace diorama sets we already know about. 

Edited by ArrowBricks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ArrowBricks said:

and along with that is a gorgeous looking TPM 25th anniversary logo

Probably it's not TPM logo, but just a logo of the 25th anniversary of LSW

Edited by Duke27

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Duke27 said:

Probably it's not TPM logo, but just a logo of the 25th anniversary of LSW

Confirmed to be 25th anniversary logo for TPM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Duke27 said:

Probably it's not TPM logo, but just a logo of the 25th anniversary of LSW

Boss, it’s very clear to be TPM. 

13 minutes ago, Legofan2001 said:

Confirmed to be 25th anniversary logo for TPM.

My guy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

Just seen the AAT polybag has been leaked…and along with that is a gorgeous looking TPM 25th anniversary logo. God I hope it means a Naboo Royal Starship, it would be the perfect set to accompany the buildable droideka and the podrace diorama sets we already know about. 

Sign me up for the Royal Starship. Its long overdue! I hope we get a couple more TPM sets in the summer wave. A Dual of the Fates diorama or remakes of the Naboo Starfighter, AAT and MTT would be great to see. Still waiting for minifigures of Boss Nass, Shmi Skywalker and Theed Battle Padme too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really hope the anniversary logo of maul and obi wan dueling becomes realized in a diorama! This bodes well for TPM sets. Last year celebrated two anniversaries, and each anniversary received no less than five sets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Flawless Cowboy said:

I really hope the anniversary logo of maul and obi wan dueling becomes realized in a diorama! This bodes well for TPM sets. Last year celebrated two anniversaries, and each anniversary received no less than five sets. 

You can argue the Podracing diorama and the Droideka will probably be linked to TPM anniversary. I would say R2 as well but then that has one of the anniversary figures in.  
 

a naboo royal guards battle pack would be perfect for such an occasion. 
 

I doubt we’d get an N1 as we still have mandos on the shelves so the chances of another ship from That film coming does increase imo. Without going in to to much speculating they do have two choices remake (gungun sub, sith infiltrator, republic ship) or do something never done (royal starship) for me either option is good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/11/2023 at 1:12 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

IIRC the battle packs were around $10, and had a pretty normal creep to $11, $12, $13, before the Rogue One packs upset everyone by moving to $15, where they stood until 2022's move to $20 (it's important to note that we went a full two years between standard battle packs after the last $15 ones, so while a $20 leap in two years is drastic, it's not overnight.). The 332nd price increase to $26 was never actually implemented, though it was rumored, and I have no trouble at all believing lego would try it given how well the clone battle packs are assumably doing.

On this topic; In Australia, prior to 2022, BPs were $25, and in places like BigW and Target would be sold for around $17-20. Now, LEGO has the Snowtrooper and 501st BPs listed for $32.99 and the 332nd one listed for $34.99, and although in stores the Snowtrooper and 501st sets are sold for around $29, the 332nd one usually stays up at $35. It feels very weird seeing these identically-sized boxes (clearly labelled as part of one line of sets) sitting next to each other on shelves with one being notably more expensive for no apparent reason. And on top of that, the reduction to the RRP we see on these sets at the aforementioned retailers seems to be growing progressively lesser. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Llewop said:

You can argue the Podracing diorama and the Droideka will probably be linked to TPM anniversary. I would say R2 as well but then that has one of the anniversary figures in.  
 

a naboo royal guards battle pack would be perfect for such an occasion. 
 

I doubt we’d get an N1 as we still have mandos on the shelves so the chances of another ship from That film coming does increase imo. Without going in to to much speculating they do have two choices remake (gungun sub, sith infiltrator, republic ship) or do something never done (royal starship) for me either option is good

If lego REALLY wants to blow us away they’ll release an MBS Naboo/Theed Palace for the 25th anniversary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Legofan2001 said:

If lego REALLY wants to blow us away they’ll release an MBS Naboo/Theed Palace for the 25th anniversary.

Don't get me wrong- we need more MBS sets- I just feel like this is not a good option. There's certainly technically enough shown on screen, but besides the duel of the fates room and the hanger, it's just a ton of hallways. It also has a very nice, and complex, exterior, whereas generally the MBS sets either don't have exteriors or pretty standard exteriors with complex interior detailing. I think if anything, Theed Palace should be like the yavin set- the main build being the front of the palace with a couple rooms inside. For an MBS set I'd rather have Pentaki Arena or an Ewok Village/Bunker combo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Don't get me wrong- we need more MBS sets- I just feel like this is not a good option. There's certainly technically enough shown on screen, but besides the duel of the fates room and the hanger, it's just a ton of hallways. It also has a very nice, and complex, exterior, whereas generally the MBS sets either don't have exteriors or pretty standard exteriors with complex interior detailing. I think if anything, Theed Palace should be like the yavin set- the main build being the front of the palace with a couple rooms inside. For an MBS set I'd rather have Pentaki Arena or an Ewok Village/Bunker combo.

Oh yeah I don’t disagree ESPECIALLY about the Arena it’s just insane we STILL haven’t gotten an arena after 21 years and counting!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Legofan2001 said:

If lego REALLY wants to blow us away they’ll release an MBS Naboo/Theed Palace for the 25th anniversary.

Unfortunately I think the big ticket sets have already been reserved for the UCS Tie Interceptor and UCS Sail Barge. Has Lego ever released three UCS/MBS sets in a single year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.