Sign in to follow this  
indyj11

French Munitions Depot - LDD Pirate MOC

thindexedgif.gif Military 10E

I'm currently in the middle of creating this set on LDD. I'm calling it the French Munitions Depot, but if you have any other suggestions, that'd be great. Here's what I have so far.

munitions_depot_front_view.pngmunitions_depot_side_view.png

Front and side view of the Munitions Depot. I'm going to finish it with a room above the arched entrance for the admiral.

munitions_depot_back_view.pngmunitions_depot_jail_cells.png

And here is a picture of the back view where you can see the powder kegs and cannon balls are stored, as well as a picture of the jail cells in the side of the rocks. The water enters through the archways where the boats can enter. I modeled the jail cells after the jail in the cannon cove Imperial Guard Pirate set because I always thought that was a sweet design for a jail cell.

And that's what I've got so far. Any comments would be appreciated and if you haven't seen my other Pirate LDD MOCs, check them out in the post titled "LDD Pirate MOC - Imperial Port." Please let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions feel free to comment.

Edited by SlyOwl

Nice original design!

And I do like the way you've incorporated that French flag.

Any plan for building this with real bricks one day?

Nice LDD Design! :thumbup:

I really like the way you did the tower section, with that WWII look :pir-wink:

Just one criticism to make: the french flag is in the wrong way :pir-grin:

Edited by BlueBard

Just one criticism to make: the french flag is in the wrong way

Thanks for that, I didn't realize that. The flags have been fixed.

Any plan for building this with real bricks one day?

Originally I drew out the design for a set with my bricks, in which I used a large mountain base, instead of the two mountain peaks. However, I decided to design it on LDD because I was afraid I didn't have all of the appropriate bricks I needed. But when I finish it, I'm not sure. Depending on the price, I may buy it and built it seperately. My plan is to eventually actually build everything I've designed on LDD, be it by purchasing it through Lego, or ordering the bricks on Bricklink. So to answer your question Bonaparte, I probably will buy this design first, as it would go perfectly with my custom french minifigures I've designed based off of the American Revolution.

Edited by indyj11

IndyJ you're doing an excellent job of proving LEGO Digital Designer is capable of creating fort-like structures. :thumbup:

As for this particular fort... Given what you've got to work with you've done a great job at creating something that could be an official set - it reminds me of something out of Knights Kingdom II expect for pirates. The only part I don't like is the excessive use of slopes - to me they look some kind of ramp where the enemy can run straight up and almost scale the wall.

The only part I don't like is the excessive use of slopes - to me they look some kind of ramp where the enemy can run straight up and almost scale the wall.

Yeah, I don't like the slopes either, but it's all I had to work with. What I was trying to do was create the look of the slanted fort walls on some older forts, like the one on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride in the Disneyland park. The piece I wanted to use was that slanted piece used in a lot of the Ninja Castle sets, but they don't have it on LDD, so I had to work with the slants, which was VERY annoying, lol. But if I could, I'd use those other slanted wall pieces with special decales designed for this set. The slants are far less gradual and would look much more like the fort style I was going for, but unfortunately LDD just doesn't have it :/

But thanks for the comments Mister Phes, they're very helpful.

You're most welcome Indy! I'm a traditional pirate set enthusiast myself some I'm somewhat bias towards designs that resemble the Pirate sets of the late 80's and early 90's.

Perhaps you could remove the slopes and try for a different design in that area?