• 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding

Town House

Set #: 560

Year Released: 1979

Piece Count: 230

Minifigs: 2

List Price: unknown

On a leisurely warm Sunday afternoon, Bill and Mary are relaxing outside their small but quaint Legoland Town House.

01instruct1.jpg

This particular Town House offers a lot of opportunity for home upgrades and alternate designs:

02instruct2.jpg

Mary and Bill, a hansome young couple, newly married perhaps, standing outside next to the street outside their Town House:

03figs.jpg

The west side of the house offers sunny warm ammenities:

04left.jpg

And the right, the doorway to their humble abode:

05right.jpg

For those chilly romantic nights, they can warm up to an outside fireplace:

06fire.jpg

And enjoy their stylish new patio furniture:

07furn.jpg

They can even take a snooze on a lounge chair after some great barbecue:

08lounge.jpg

The house offers some very nice design like the Spanish style garden entry:

09left2.jpg

And a great cottage-style shingled roof:

10right2.jpg

Inside is an easy-to-clean sink and kitchen/dining nook:

11in1.jpg

And a relaxing family room to watch Bill's favorite programs. Look! A great Wild West movie is on:

12in2.jpg

What a great little house Bill and Mary chose to buy, right along the outskirts of Tabletown. Their Town House is close to Bill's Public Works job and within walking distance from Main Street. Mary may finally be able to get her drivers license and study quietly for the written exam as she relaxes in the sun.

13set.jpg

Built in 1979.

Another great review!

Thanks.

Poor kids. They don't realize that their house is going to burn down and leave them homeless, wandering through time and space.

-Tohst

Poor kids. They don't realize that their house is going to burn down and leave them homeless, wandering through time and space.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Now that takes me back a ways. I wonder how many people will get it?

Hillarious! It was a pretty trippy journey for those two. I don't recall, do they ever make it back home?

Assuming choice #2 would mean below average I chose this option.

What did I have to see when looking at the results? :oh:

This was the lowest vote given?

Come on, guys!

Who has ever seen a red house with a blue roof and green shutters? :sick:

I you rate this set "5", what would you do with set no. 4996 tn_4996-1_jpg.jpg, not talking about the modular style houses.

There is soo much detail lacking and this is soo small. Can I change my vote in "poor"? :wink:

Nice review, btw. Thank you TheBrickster! :thumbup:

I get it, I did really enjoy those idea books, Why did those get killed off anyway.

BTW: Great set I loved it I just wish I still had it in one piece.

If you look at the sequence of pics, Bill and Mary go into the cinema just before the spaceship arrives and whisks them away, so my guess is that the movie is kind of boring so they're meandering into their own dreamland. The whole sequence with the castle especially seems to take the form of a dream :classic:.

Of course, as noted, when they return home the house will probably have burned down AGAIN. Their chronic mental wanderings is probably what caused the initial fire - somebody left the iron on.... :tongue:

Another great review from TheBrickster, I didn't realise this set came with a TV and the wonderful sink piece.

Idea Book 6000 - I love it! :laugh:

i think this is one of those sets that never really got the attention it deserved. it's a beautiful set of the first wave of town sets, but maybe there just wasn't enough action or excitement to get the boys onboard...

Come on, guys!

I you rate this set "5", what would you do with set no. 4996 tn_4996-1_jpg.jpg, not talking about the modular style houses.

There is soo much detail lacking and this is soo small. Can I change my vote in "poor"? :wink:

That's harsh. This isn't one of my favorite sets, but I think with the detail that it does have, it's a better than average (esp. considering the fact that it was released in 1979).

While red might be a little loud, what color would you use to reprsent a brick house? One must consider the Lego color pallete during the late 70s. Based on the detail during this time, this Town House was pretty good.

In regard to the new Yellow Creator House, I could say the same thing -who ever heard of a yellow house with a black roof? At the same time, I think the yellow house is equally nice and has some great details.

But thanks for letting us know why you scored it the way you did, rather than just rating it Poor or Below Average.

i think this is one of those sets that never really got the attention it deserved. it's a beautiful set of the first wave of town sets, but maybe there just wasn't enough action or excitement to get the boys onboard...

You make a good point Sne. I myself wasn't a big fan after owning it. I like it now though, and appreciate it's value as a classic.

Another great review from the Brickster. :thumbup:

Man, this is a really ovely set. It has everything you could want in lego house set back in the 70's. I also love that it can swing open and close - that way you can have more than one display option AND add easy acessibility for kids. :thumbup:

Come on, guys!

Nice review, btw. Thank you TheBrickster! :thumbup:

Keep in mind that this set was made in 1979, Holodoc. For its time this was a wonderful set, and I don't think the color scheme is that bad, personally. Yes, I know that the creator house you posted is a ton better, but it was also made nearly 30 years after this set. Can't you give it a little leeway? :sceptic:

Edited by Grevious

I must say, this set is very good for a set from 1979.

Even in 2002, I would be very happy when TLC would release it as a legend, because it has a good oldfashioned door (very special when you think of the late 90s city sets without doors), windows with shutters, 2 civilians (1 woman), blue roofpieces, flowers, a fireplace and a red bow.

Ofcourse, it had no chairs as we are now used to and the fireplace is a bit simple. But it has all key ingredients to make even a better house. What if you bought two or three of this set, you could make a villa.