Klaus-Dieter

We want the amazing 4999 Vestas Wind Power Plant!

I'm defiantly getting this set this set if possible:wub: !

Edited by Pickerel

Great to see almost 80 signs in one weekend.

Once we'll get to approx 150 or 200 it's worth sending the petition over to TLG for the release of this great set.

Seeing that all the parts except the stickering can be collected through bricklink or lego direct i'm not surprised of we don't make it to that number.

But we'll see, i'm buiding one with parts ordere from BL and LEGO direct.

I'll manufacture a sticker-sheet in vector format if anyone wants it. can someone tell me the hex color code or RGB values for the dark blue pieces?

Great to see almost 80 signs in one weekend.

Once we'll get to approx 150 or 200 it's worth sending the petition over to TLG for the release of this great set.

I wouldn't count on that. Me and 600 other people signed a petition to get a backwards compatibility update for Operation Flashpoint: Elite on the 360. We sent it an astounding 10 seperate times, all the times politely and friendly giving a bit of background explanation with our request. We didn't even get one response, let alone an update.

Not saying that TLC's customer support is the same as Microsoft's but I'd rather not get my hopes up if I were you. :sceptic:

As i said i asked the seller where he got it from, and as expected didn't get a real answer. He only told me he got it from a friend and that it's very rare. :sceptic:

$683 U.S. for a Lego set!!!!! :sick: OMG, But it is supply in demand.......He had the supply so he can demand.............

Don't worry, Klaus. LEGO doesn't make large sets and then never sells them. It's just not in their nature, or budget.

Hope for that ebay price to go down! It looks like such a wonderful set.

Im not much of a City fan yet but count me in! I just love it. I hope the TLG make the Angel of the North or Jesus statue or the Statue of Liberty again!

Im not so sure about the meaning of this set...Those Wind Power Mills are expensive and useless. I dont mind it in Lego but I dont like the persuading into Global Warming... :laugh:

I dont mind it in Lego but I dont like the persuading into Global Warming... :laugh:

It's not like this set is some sort of socio-political comment by the LEGO company or anything. One of the guys who's a big honcho at Vestas (another Danish company, like LEGO) used to work at LEGO for quite a few years. I'm sure he just called up some of the brass he still knows at LEGO, and asked them to work out a special set that they could use for promo/prizes/employee gifts etc.

Not everything has an political agenda behind it people...

Notice: It is against Site Guidelines to join just to sell something. If you have a Vesta's set you would like to sell, there are sites like eBay for you to sell it with accountability. Thank you.

Some guy joins to be bad and gets a tag, and I can't no matter what i do? :hmpf_bad:. Anyway, if this set isnt mega-expensive when released for retail I may just pick it up.

Some guy joins to be bad and gets a tag, and I can't no matter what i do? :hmpf_bad:. Anyway, if this set isnt mega-expensive when released for retail I may just pick it up.

EDIT: I merged your double posting...tsk tsk tsk :tongue:

Edited by KimT

Count me in. I want this set to complete my Loge city.
Is that situatet next to LEGO town :devil:?

CopMike

I need the 4999 set too. I need two, one for keeping MISB with my other MISB promo set and one to build and display. I just hope the price will drop below 200 $ when people find out how many 25000 copies really are!

Morten

I want one. My lego town has phones and computers and televisions and satellite dishes (and air traffic controllers) but nothing to power any of them!! :tongue:

Count me in. Although I'd power it with solar panels in keeping with the "green" theme, rather than batteries...

M.

I really want this set, but only for a normal price... I've heard Vestal has bought the rights, and LEGO is not allowed to release it for non-Vestas people (even without stickers) so the only way to get it is at sites like Evilbay etc.

Download the newest copy of Railbricks there is a photo spread that has Three Wind Turbines, It must not be that hard to obtain the parts and build one, A little over my head but obviously someone has knocked three of them out.

I would definitly :wub: to have this set as well. This set would look awesome in my Town layout. Any news that may be released on this set becoming available would be greatly appreciated.

My friends brother-in-law caters food to the Vestas plant located in Colorado, USA. My friend told me that his brother-in-law mentioned to him that the set is a hush-hush item around the plant. Not sure why, possibly because the set may only be available to the executives or they may be gifts to all the workers. I know time will answer this question.

Vestas Model On!!

By the way, I've got building instructions of the set, so it can be build, without Vestas stickers (and the burps in grey, or are they included in other sets in green?)

By the way, I've got building instructions of the set, so it can be build, without Vestas stickers (and the burps in grey, or are they included in other sets in green?)

I would like to get this set as well for a reasonable price.