Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 25. Rumors and discussion

Recommended Posts

I like the barbarian and goat guy. Hope their torsos turn out to be useful in historic settings. The train kid looks fun! I also like the detective. But i must admit, the cardboard boxes spoil all the fun for me and i might end up without buying a single minifig :shrug_confused:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Noir Detective? Amazing, just a little head swap and we got ourselves a Bogart minifigure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

Thank you very much for the information! :classic:

Sorry to have to say this, but all in all for me this series ist kinda lame: There's no music based minifigure, no food suit minifigure and no realistic historical minifigure included. Apart from the thousandst version of a new dog we're not getting a single new animal (the goat isn't new). And there is (apart from minifigure pieces) no new moulded accessory. :thumbdown:

The only four minifigures which I really like and plan to get are the goatheard, the locomotive guy, the mushroom suit minifigure and the dinosaur suit minifigure. :wub:

As usual I am in agreement with Klaus-Dieter (I think we have similar taste when it comes to what we want from Lego). The lack of a new animal is very disappointing - annoying to have a different dog mould when there are so many animals still not available, especially as the goat is coming in another set next year. Still, let's hope next year's City sets make up for this. The lack of a musician as well is annoying as it would be good to build a full orchestra with proper instruments. Also, there are lots of other sports figures that could have been made above the gym lady.

Having said that, I really like the dinosaur suit figure and the toadstall lady is cute but not so keen on too many in this wave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the new series! So many suprises--especially the long-hoped-for return of the goat!

My personal favorites are the Noir Detective and the updated Bat Lord (with an honorable mention for the Goat Herder).

I know my kids are going to be hyped for the Mushroom Girl, Dog Groomer, and Train Kid. 

While it's a bummer that these will be in boxes and not bags, I'm in favor of anything that is going to be better for the environment. I ended up buying the few figures I wanted from the recent Marvel series on BrickLink and paid around $5 for each brand new--so the switch really isn't the end of the world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope these hit store shelves early. 🤞 Very disappointing to see the Marvel series in stores, with many a box tampered with. Ended up getting the 2 figures my daughter wanted from a re-sale site. Also, what is this scale that is being used to weigh the boxes? An employee from the one LEGO store in my state said that was an option many customers tried, with limited success. Worth a try, I guess. (Brand/type suggestions?) Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, hikouki said:

Almost reminds me of the Griffin from Guillermo del Toro’s Pinocchio.

Honestly, I think that more modern interpretation of composite mythical creatures is what Lego is going for here. Plenty of modern media has been eschewing the classical ‘the human part looks entirely human’ depiction in favor of going more bestial. The Harry Potter movies centaurs and merpeople are a good example I can think of off the top of my head, and I’ve seen plenty of artwork that goes even more extreme than that.

I think it’s prudent to remember that the Harpy can be MOCed into something more classical by switching out the head and torso, while the official design gave the Lego artists a chance to have fun and go all out with her ‘human’ half. 
 

And remember, people were complaining about the exact opposite problem with the centaur woman in series 21. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that I've had some time to sit with it, here are my thoughts:

  1. Noir Detective: The very first time the "fish" piece has been in red! I might need to look for more so I can save some red snapper/salmon for my Animal Crossing figures. The minifig looks well put together, but it also doesn't really go with anything that I have.
  2. Gaming Girl: The "regular" CMFs seem to frequently have a minifigure in this style (which is why I guessed something like this in the Guessing Thread). Good parts, but otherwise indifferent.
  3. Medieval Bat-Man: Basil's gotten quite the glow-up! Too bad the image makes it hard to see what his armor looks like. Solid minifig that matches with my tastes.
  4. Para-Athlete: Like the gamer girl, this was another archetype that was hit recently with S22's Wheelchair Racer. Glad to see representation, just don't need the minifig.
  5. Goat Herder: Best CMF by a mile, not just for the fig himself, but also for the goat! I'll pretend that he's a younger version of this guy from the originals MMV. I imagine that he's double-faced, and I'm interested to see what his second face looks like. My only note is that I wish the goat cheese was a printed "cheese slope" piece, but that's a super minor quibble for who will easily be the most popular minifig from this series.
  6. Mushroom Girl: Hard for me to say. I think the Acorn Kid from S22 looks better overall, but this one has it's own charms. The face looks like City ones that we've gotten before, so I hope her second face looks better. Overall, decent, but nnot my favorite.
  7. Kettlebell Athlete: This is one CMF archtype that I've never liked. Not a fan.
  8. Triceratops Suit Person: I actually had this on my original list for the Guessing Game thread, but took it off last-minute. Good companion for T-Rex Suit Guy, but I only need one.
  9. Harpy: I'm torn. Like a lot of other people, Something about this feels a hair off, and I can't put my finger on what it is. Possibly it's the hair? The gold claws? Maybe it will "click" more in person? If the prices are low, I might get a handful so I can have a little band to hang out with Medusa. I think I might give them spears and shields though...
  10. Train Suit Boy: Makes sense, as we've gotten a racecar, boat, and airplane at this point. I like the paperboy cap in blue, but it's also not something I would personally be actively seeking out.
  11. Barbarian/Cosplayer: It's hard to tell based on the shine, but I think he looks more "historic"? Seems like he should be okay, though.
  12. Dog Groomer: Afgan dogs have always looked... odd to me. I'm sure there is an audience for this particular breed, but there are a lot of other animals that need to be made besides another dog breed, Lego! Not a fan.

Overall, I think this series has some very high highs (Goat Herder, Basil), and some very low lows (kettlebell girl, dog groomer). I'm going to end up getting a complete set for myself since I split boxes, and I'm pretty excited for over half, so I say this should be a pretty good series. I do feel bad for any stores that stock boxes and will have people ripping open boxes for TikTok challenges to find goats though... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First the Titanic Halloween costume I wore as a kid, now a kid with glasses who loves steam trains, as I was VERY much that growing up.... I feel seen. *looks around for hidden cameras like in 'the Truman show'*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, FinlayTheFaithful said:

Series 24: T-Rex costume guy

Series 25: Triceratops costume guy

Potential for a Raptor costume guy in Series 26 perhaps?

Wouldn’t that be too similar to T-Rex? Perhaps brachiosaurus- they’ll just have to make an extended headpiece just like for the llama and giraffe.

Pterodactyl or ankylosaur would be fun!

Edited by hikouki

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

Thank you very much for the information! :classic:

Sorry to have to say this, but all in all for me this series ist kinda lame: There's no music based minifigure, no food suit minifigure and no realistic historical minifigure included. Apart from the thousandst version of a new dog we're not getting a single new animal (the goat isn't new). And there is (apart from minifigure pieces) no new moulded accessory. :thumbdown:

The only four minifigures which I really like and plan to get are the goatheard, the locomotive guy, the mushroom suit minifigure and the dinosaur suit minifigure. :wub:

 

5 hours ago, lifeinplastic said:

As usual I am in agreement with Klaus-Dieter (I think we have similar taste when it comes to what we want from Lego). The lack of a new animal is very disappointing - annoying to have a different dog mould when there are so many animals still not available, especially as the goat is coming in another set next year. Still, let's hope next year's City sets make up for this. The lack of a musician as well is annoying as it would be good to build a full orchestra with proper instruments. Also, there are lots of other sports figures that could have been made above the gym lady.

Having said that, I really like the dinosaur suit figure and the toadstall lady is cute but not so keen on too many in this wave.

You pair sound exhausting. It's what you *want*. It not being what you want isn't good criticism?

Instead of apologizing for a want, but then throwing out your non-constructive criticism, instead focus on what you do like? 

We don't know what TLG are choosing as a design brief for CMF's, so it does make it harder. 

I'm glad to see a goat herd, and the return of a much missed animal. The Mushroom is a little cutesy but there are ways to change that. The Harpy is lovely, printed animal legs and all, Basil the Batlord getting a redesign is very cool. And the homage to Conan is fun and uses new molds from Dreamzzz. 

No reversal on boxes is lame, but that is a rollout that could take a while.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SamVimes said:

 

You pair sound exhausting. It's what you *want*. It not being what you want isn't good criticism?

Instead of apologizing for a want, but then throwing out your non-constructive criticism, instead focus on what you do like? 

We don't know what TLG are choosing as a design brief for CMF's, so it does make it harder. 

I'm glad to see a goat herd, and the return of a much missed animal. The Mushroom is a little cutesy but there are ways to change that. The Harpy is lovely, printed animal legs and all, Basil the Batlord getting a redesign is very cool. And the homage to Conan is fun and uses new molds from Dreamzzz. 

No reversal on boxes is lame, but that is a rollout that could take a while.

 

Sorry, Sam - I think this is a bit of an overreaction from you here. The CMF line only has a small selection of 12 non-licensed figures each year. I think people are entitled to express dissatisfaction if we feel that Lego has not provided a selection of figures that fill certain gaps that interest us. We’ve also both mentioned what we do like about the series but just frustrated about the missed opportunities, which I think is valid criticism. Apologies if it offends you for expressing what I feel the series is lacking but I am entitled to provide an opinion on a forum and I don’t think anything I have said is offensive to provoke being called out for being ‘exhausting’ and for you to decide my comments are not constructive enough!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been looking at the pics for a while and I can say this is my least CMF since Series 17, but I can't complain much since Series 24 was one of best ones for me. Not all of them can be #1 I guess. My favorite minifigure of the series has the be the Batlord for sure, and the peasant with the goat. But some of the them are so dull to me, like the mushroom kiddo or the e-gamer girl, which looks like a city set minifigure

 

By the way, that Barbarian (#11) is female, right? I can see the lips printed...... I think e.e

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Often what figures Lego chooses to include in a CMF doesn't resonate with me, but this is the first series in a long time that I think has fundamental issues with artistry and design.

If someone told me they would have a harpy in the new CMF I'd assume I would want to buy 12 of them, but this thing looks awful.  Black and white for the noir detective is a miss. I like the mushroom hat on the girl, but the outfit is awful, acorn boy was way better.  The Barbarian hairpiece looks like a mullet.

You put this up against series 24, 23, or 22 and the overall decline in artistry jumps out at me.  Even the characters that don't resonate with me in those series are just done better.   The goat herder and triceratops are ultimately meeting my expectations, but I think every other fig falls short of what it could have been based on the concept alone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, hikouki said:

Perhaps brachiosaurus- they’ll just have to make an extended headpiece just like for the llama and giraffe.

Too bad they can't re-use this canceled Vidiyo piece for a Brachiosaurus, because a costume figure would need space for a head and have a cut-out of course. Wonder what happened to these figure elements and why they don't bring them out as CMF's. Surely they got to finish manufacturing the molds.
vidiyo-an-unused-head-from-the-cancelledsvfw25i4c8ub1.jpeg?width=1125&format=pjp

P.S. I don't even want to know what scalpers will do to the Goatherds seeing the resell value for Moon Knight, Falcon Archer, Viking Warrior, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A thought just occurred to me. It would be cool if Lego continues these dino-costume minifigs and eventually they make a Pterodactyl, Stegosaurus, and Brachiosaurus. That way, the whole Transformers Dinobots theme is complete! LOL!

 

28 minutes ago, R0Sch said:

Too bad they can't re-use this canceled Vidiyo piece for a Brachiosaurus, because a costume figure would need space for a head and have a cut-out of course. Wonder what happened to these figure elements and why they don't bring them out as CMF's. Surely they got to finish manufacturing the molds.
vidiyo-an-unused-head-from-the-cancelledsvfw25i4c8ub1.jpeg?width=1125&format=pjp

P.S. I don't even want to know what scalpers will do to the Goatherds seeing the resell value for Moon Knight, Falcon Archer, Viking Warrior, etc.

Perhaps the moulds were too bespoke. Case in point, that brachiosaur had the sunglasses on. I'm pretty sure they will find alternate uses for those eventually. Just like some Vidiyo pieces eventually getting recolored.

The Rock Viking sounds amazing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

I've been looking at the pics for a while and I can say this is my least CMF since Series 17, but I can't complain much since Series 24 was one of best ones for me. Not all of them can be #1 I guess. My favorite minifigure of the series has the be the Batlord for sure, and the peasant with the goat. But some of the them are so dull to me, like the mushroom kiddo or the e-gamer girl, which looks like a city set minifigure

 

By the way, that Barbarian (#11) is female, right? I can see the lips printed...... I think e.e

I think it’s male and has an angry, snarking face - but who knows from that pic. My count was 5 male, 5 female and 2 which don’t seem to be allocated … I wouldn’t be surprised if the BatLord was a BatLady behind the mask 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/29/2023 at 6:30 AM, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Have you tried using scales to weigh the boxes? I used them for the marvel cmf and it worked perfectly for me - figures are really the same weight it would seem 

I bought a scale and plan to put it to use soon, updates to come.

Upon first impression the shepherd is honestly kind of boring without his goat. I would only buy some of these figures if I had the chance, as I am not enamored with the entire series. I do enjoy some more than others so here goes;

  • Detective Noire - Love the color scheme and addition of red herring. 
  • Gamer girl - Adore the mouse and keyboard accessories but honestly could care less for the figure itself. Total skip if the accessories are available on PAB.
  • Basil the Batlord (?) - Seems like it is a reference to classic Lego. Even if it is not, my first impression was "looks like a Bionicle character". Definitely my favorite of the bunch.
  • Double amputee racer - I love the representation but not too exciting really
  • Shephard - I feel he works in both classic and modern settings. Somewhat timeless. Growing on me, love his face.
  • Mushroom child - Very ini line with the Elf of recent Series 24. A forest spirit that feels joyful, youthful and in tune with nature. Very unique
  • Muscle woman - I go back and forth on her. On the one hand I love the weight, but that will likely be available on PAB. I do love her torso print but she's kind of a snore
  • Triceratops suit guy - I am tired of the suited figures but his color scheme is so standout and the mould looks lovely
  • Siren (?) - I question if this is really a Siren but whatever she is she looks great! Otherworldly and mythical 
  • Train suit boy - Reminds me of Thomas and Friends. Confused by his face print, total skip. Not terrible, though.
  • Red headed warrior - Leaked image is far too blurry. on this one so I will reserve judgement but immediately confused by the bright red hair choice
  • Dog groomer - Dog mould is excited and figure herself is about just fine

Ultimately figures 1,3,6, and. 9 are the best of the series for me. There are 7 of 12 I definitely want and of the other 5 I'd say 3 are possible depending on if I enjoy other images of them. Not the worst series ever but honestly not the best. Kind of mid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Basil the Batlord (?) - Seems like it is a reference to classic Lego. Even if it is not, my first impression was "looks like a Bionicle character". Definitely my favorite of the bunch.

It is: LEGO Castle Fright Knights

Quote

Red headed warrior - Leaked image is far too blurry. on this one so I will reserve judgement but immediately confused by the bright red hair choice

I would guess it is a Barbarian based on Red Sonja - hence the red hair ;).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ooooh Big week for early reveals ! Yesterday were the 2024 Modular early pics, and today: my second best collection : CMF Serie , the 25 th of the name ! Not the largest selection for me to buy, but 2 definite yes the goat herder and the dog groomer with that elegant Afghan Hound to enlarge my dog collection. A maybe for the lady with the kettlebell who will fit perfectly in the gym (upstairs of the Downtown Diner), a maybe/maybe not for the dark detective, who can work in Detective Office.

unfortunately, the last time I bought CMF was earlier this year with some minifigs from Serie 24, when we still had the chance to feel the bags. Don’t even know if the Toys’r’us nearby keeps them anymore, when I read about the free for all with open/destroyed boxes… I guess I’ll have to buy them from EBay or else… too bad

Edited by Hippocampe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get the criticism about there being other animals out there in the big wide world, but I am a little saddened by the dislike the Afghan Hound is getting. I love it, and actually gasped out loud when I saw it. It's a very unique breed and not one I'd have ever guessed would be put into Lego form. I had my bets on a St. Bernard type dog mold first, to be honest. But anyway, the hound will be perfect for my Dog Park MOC I'm working on.

But of course, to each one's own. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.