Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2024

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

Doesn't look like a minidoll , the legs are square.

 

Ah, I was looking at the small, blurry, image on the back of the box. 
 

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow the harbor sounds really exciting! A cargo crane + containers, seafood restaurant, beach, ice cream shop, pier and a cargo ship of course (orange, green and white colors). I hope it's a floating one. Really many things packed in one set... Can't wait to see the first picture!

56 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

60440 is hopefully a big jungle set with 1061 parts.. All the Jungle sets can be combined to a big one and have parts of a map in every set it seems :classic:

https://fanklockow.pl/2024/03/08/zapowiedzi-lego-2024-city/

Thanks for the link.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Roebuck said:

60440 is hopefully a big jungle set with 1061 parts.. All the Jungle sets can be combined to a big one and have parts of a map in every set it seems :classic:

https://fanklockow.pl/2024/03/08/zapowiedzi-lego-2024-city/

Having looked at that translated into English, I remain confused how it can all be combined into one big jungle, when there are (at least) Asian and African species. Might there be any chance that the ‘gorilla’ is in fact an orangutan? Seems an unlikely mistranslation to me, but still … 

Nice to hear that the tiger is in a darker orange colour, seems like all animals will be either totally new, or recolours & new prints 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, williejm said:

Having looked at that translated into English, I remain confused how it can all be combined into one big jungle, when there are (at least) Asian and African species. Might there be any chance that the ‘gorilla’ is in fact an orangutan? Seems an unlikely mistranslation to me, but still … 

Nice to hear that the tiger is in a darker orange colour, seems like all animals will be either totally new, or recolours & new prints 

I am willing to look past that error if it means we get more animals :tongue:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree, but it still makes no sense. The wildlife rescue sets were very focussed, not just in Africa, but in a specific part of Southern Africa, species wise. 

I still think something is missing in the descriptions or narrative we have for this wave. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bought the new City police crime lab truck, really great set and neat that we finally get a crime lab set after all these years.

And I love the new chain-link fence parts.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/9/2024 at 5:46 AM, williejm said:

I agree, but it still makes no sense. The wildlife rescue sets were very focussed, not just in Africa, but in a specific part of Southern Africa, species wise. 

I still think something is missing in the descriptions or narrative we have for this wave. 

The 2023 exploration sets had a mix of arctic and ocean exploration, and the setting of the ship was only determined by the orca and cold-weather hats (and box art). Something similar may be happening with the upcoming jungle wave, especially since the vehicles will have the same dark blue/orange colour scheme (with olive green taking the place of medium azure). 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

The 2023 exploration sets had a mix of arctic and ocean exploration, and the setting of the ship was only determined by the orca and cold-weather hats (and box art). Something similar may be happening with the upcoming jungle wave, especially since the vehicles will have the same dark blue/orange colour scheme (with olive green taking the place of medium azure). 
 

Yeah I get that, but it doesn’t make much sense with the notion that the jungle sets ‘combine’, as we have been told 💁🏽‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, williejm said:

Yeah I get that, but it doesn’t make much sense with the notion that the jungle sets ‘combine’, as we have been told 💁🏽‍♂️

Combine is just a way the newer City design works, as an incentive to sell more sets, and give a reason to collect more.

As for combining jungles of different continents in the real world (Tigers and Gorillas), I don't think it's a big issue for kids, and as shown with the 2023 Ocean wave, combined Turtles and Hammerhead sharks with Colder water Seals and Orcas in different sets.

Jungle terrain / plants are more generic then combining something like an ice berg with a coral reef so seeing sets that could connect via pins / clips / tiles make a lot more sense, even if the animals themselves are not geographically correct, but such things happen even in known fictional stuff like Jungle Book where the Orangutan is out of place if you place the animals in India, but one could also imagine it takes place on Sumatra or Borneo instead, and the wolves would be Dholes or Jackals instead.

2017 jungle technically had the correct animals (set descriptions say Leopard, Panther, Tiger all live in asian jungles), but could also be imagined as Jaguar / black Jaguar, with south american styled ruins/temples, so overall, it's not too strict and I personally think those themes with no big backstory are nice to use some imagination on, instead of having everything be real world 100% accurate or 100% pre written.

Edited by TeriXeri

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TeriXeri said:
7 hours ago, williejm said:

💁🏽‍♂️

Combine is just a way the newer City design works, as an incentive to sell more sets, and give a reason to collect more.

Ikr! I think they should do that more often. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, The Brick Boss said:

Ikr! I think they should do that more often. 

I think they will, with the current City blocks of 8x8 and 8x16 for now, they have a system going across sets.

Even if there are no current 2024 sets with city blocks, time will tell if there will be more, but there still are things designed around being easily removable on partly tiled surfaces.

2024 Prison island has 8x8 base on the tower, and the 2024 Fire Station has this 6x20 rounded office module on the top, neither are connected with full studs 

Then there's 60417: Police Speedboat and Crooks' Hideout which has technic pin holes for the dock and teal containers at the sides. and the 6x16 brown container can be easily removed as well.

I imagine if there will be more containers at the ship crane set they will probably be 6x12 or 6x16 as well to match the hideout container sizes.

While not everything is strictly sized to 8x8 or 8x16, there were already exceptions with something like the Ice Cream shop which is 16x16 , but still has pin holes at one side, and the top floor from 2023 emergency vehicle HQ was also attached by fewer studs.

 

Of course, in LEGO's history, they have changed systems a lot.

Edited by TeriXeri

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@TeriXeri Don't forget. This year's fire station also has two berths; one for the cherry picker that comes with the set and the other one which is just the right size for the 4x4 fire truck of this year. 

There is also the water-based prison island sets which connect the dots. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i am looking forward to buy many set in summer, mostly i want to buy harbour set(its good to see this set after a long time) also jungle theme is interesting

 

also volcano subtheme will be cool for 2025 summer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, thminigab2 said:

i am looking forward to buy many set in summer, mostly i want to buy harbour set(its good to see this set after a long time) also jungle theme is interesting

I wonder how they'll look! We have one and a half more months until we see them. So get ready. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, El Garfio said:

I'm not about animals

But I need the new red pandas

Nope, sorry, only for those of us who are about animals :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, williejm said:

Nope, sorry, only for those of us who are about animals :P

Yup! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha this gorilla mould is amazing! Lego has outdone themselves. Red Panda looks amazing, the Crocodile (?) is in it's most realistic color scheme, the Tiger looks stunning and the Gorillais so realistic, yet its baby is adorable and with that same sense of believability. it's just such a strong lineup of molds. So impressed and very excited for this wave! Looking back, I'm glad I didn't enjoy their current Space sub-theme, because I'm definitely going to be spending some money on this upcoming Summer wave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

aniamls are such amazing as always. Tiger! Gorilla and its infant! Red panda! Crocodile! Lego continues pleasing me and animal fans (mind you, ElGarfio if you are not about animals….).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can someone please tell me, if the newer crocodile upper jaw piece is compatible with the old body? I'd live to upgrade my 2017 tlbm Killer Croc figure :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do we know any Adventurers characters showing up in the jungle sumbtheme along with Johnny Thunder? Like..Sam Sinister? We have. Pippin in. Orient Express and Dr.  Kirby in Natural History Museum. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I know the City Construction releases for Summer are not talked about much, but just thought I mention that on Brick Clicker's latest YouTube video LEGO Leaks revealed a bit hazy pic of the Heavy Duty Excavator set. It appears to include 3 construction workers(one appears to have head phone construction helmet and jackhammer), 2 construction type barriers(with white/red forward slash type sticker patterns unless it's a print), and some lego pieces for dirt/debris.

Taking a snapshot was too big of a file to post here, so here's the Brick Clicker vid. You can jump to the 12:20 mark to see the hazy leaked pic.

 

Edited by DanOfBricks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.