VBBN

Bionicle 2009 Images and Discussion

Actually, he was probably not being serious. I know he was just on a few hours ago, and he'll probably continue to get on. Greg seems like a guy who can handle criticism pretty well.

Still, he did seem to be a little genuinely angry/sad though. Hope one topic isn't the end of the Farshtey.

-Z

Edited by Zarathos

I find his reaction curious.

There was hardly a kid there putting him down, yet he's going on hiatus?

Odd. My guess is that was more a "punishment" he's tossing at BZ for the mods not nailing the kid who made the topic.

Mind you, I wouldn't have agreed at all if they'd done that... just sayin'...

Poor Greg. Some people forget that he is a person with feelings too, and that he's a really great and generous person for devoting a large amount of his spare time to answer hundreds of questions about BIONICLE on BZP everyday.

However, looking at that topic, there weren't many people saying they outright hated his work. There were a lot who loved his work, and those that didn't as much acknowledged that he did the best for his job. The main reasons that people had for not liking his work were easily nulled by the points he made through numerous posts, so it was more of a compliment topic for Greg once you filtered out the unjustified dislikes.

Summary - Greg is awesome, and some people need to remember that. :classic:

I can't believe this but here's my little speech:

I don't know why those BZPower users would do such a thing....(I only took a brief look)....but Greg has done a lot for everyone...from the writing over 20+ Books (approx) to giving away some spoilers about 2009 during a library event (and at that same one, he gave away his poster of Mata Nui). I wish we all could do something nice for him in return...as our way of saying "Thank You" (for allowing us to ask questions, to adding events in his blog that keeps many informed and updated ), but well....not a lot of people are like that sadly.... :cry_sad:

But nether the less we should all be thankful.... :classic: :classic:.... for what he provides for us.... :thumbup:

Edit: A bit off topic but still Bionicle-ish...

Look what I found!!!!! (credit to BS01 for finding this picture)

BPG_Barraki_Kalmah_With_Frying_Pan.PNG

Does anyone remember playing that Barraki Game back in 2007??? I don't know if this picture has been edited by Photoshop or what but I've always wondered about this..... :tongue:

Toa Mata Nui

Edited by Toa Mata Nui

meh BZP...

little children complaining about stuff.

I dont really care if Greg's a bad writer (which he's not), he's actually one of my favorites (the others being the one who writes GoW and Starwars-repulic commando).

Nothing really interesting has been going here lately huh?

=D

Little kid? He was a stupid f*****g 16 year old boy who was so bored he decided to bash Greg just because he doesn't like the books.

I'd throw him inside Teridax's mind. (For not saying something in worse in real life words)

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=25581

This is the most EPIC fanart promotion ever to come from Bionicle.

On topic:

I'm really not at all happy with BZP right now. Greg may not be the best, but he's a decent writer and a pretty cool guy. He shouldn't have to take crap from pre-pube attention whores who have no right to be criticizing him anyway.

I hope he comes back soon.

On actual topic:

Notice how we have no large beings this year? I think it makes sense story-wise since there aren't bound to be a whole lot of large beings alive on Bara Magna. Think about it-Tuma is the only big character because he is the only big class of Skrall. The only other sapient beings are the Glatorian, Agori, Skrall, Zesk, and Vorox. So the only way they could have any large sets would be to include a canister or smaller size dude with a big megablocks vehicle.

Next year, however.... maybe they could have some creatures from one of the moons...

Greg is not a great writer and he should take criticism both more lightly and more seriously. He's never seemed terribly mature to me, though.

Greg is not a great writer and he should take criticism both more lightly and more seriously. He's never seemed terribly mature to me, though.

That's pretty rude of you right there as well. If you can do it better, please do go offer your services to LEGO. And personally, I wouldn't take critisism lightly and seriously of a guy who can't spell either. Greg's not the best no, but he really shouldn't listen to that topic starter either. His reasons for leaving, however, are silly, yes.

Did you even read the topic? He was taking it lightly at first, and he has for a long while, but with all the crap he gets on BZP and other sites (particularly here), I don't blame him for finally getting fed up.

Seriously, I've always been shocked at how much people bash him. It seems that whenever something happens with Bionicle, Greg's always the first person they blame - even though he is as much as a slave to TLC's wishes as any other person on the story team. Also, you may think his Bionicle books aren't that great, but he's already given an explanation for that: they are written for 8-11 year olds, not teenagers and adults. That said, the simple fact that he manages to keep both kids and some teenagers entertained is a mark of excellence to me - his childrens books are generally far more sofisticated than other books written for his age level.

And I agree with Refia. If you think greg's writing is crap, prove that you could do a better job in his place. Try writing your own bionicle storyline, while keeping stories in a small, 20,000 word per book format. Try writing them without resorting to tons of deep description and super-complex characters. If you can do that, and you can make something more enjoyable than what Greg writes, good for you. But I really doubt you could.

Greg's not the best no, but he really shouldn't listen to that topic starter either. His reasons for leaving, however, are silly, yes.

Which kind of redirects back to what Algernon said. And even Darth.

I mean, in his position, I'd just be like, "Hey. Do my best."

His overall response was kinda' dramaey, though his other responses in there were pretty good and nullifying to a majority of the kid's complaining.

Now that I think about it, maybe the dude's just a lil' burnt out from the consistent schedule of, well, everything. This was as good an excuse as any to drop down so he could exit it awhile.

His deadlines have been met, he can relax now... probably just wants to take it easy until the next round of work.

Little kid? He was a stupid f*****g 16 year old boy who was so bored he decided to bash Greg just because he doesn't like the books.

I'd throw him inside Teridax's mind. (For not saying something in worse in real life words)

Please, read his posts, Mowaku is a child no older than 10 or I'll eat my hat.

A very ignorant child.

kk

how bout

"New from BIONICLE: Okay Glatorian!"

~Bunda

wall.png

Also well done, Mowaku. >____>

That's pretty rude of you right there as well. If you can do it better, please do go offer your services to LEGO. And personally, I wouldn't take critisism lightly and seriously of a guy who can't spell either. Greg's not the best no, but he really shouldn't listen to that topic starter either. His reasons for leaving, however, are silly, yes.

Believe it or not, if I showed substantial promise as a writer to pursue a career in the field, I would invest my talent into something other than a kid's book series based on a building toy.

Oh, and you must be new to the internet if you use typos to judge somebody's ability to think critically.

Seriously, I've always been shocked at how much people bash him. It seems that whenever something happens with Bionicle, Greg's always the first person they blame - even though he is as much as a slave to TLC's wishes as any other person on the story team. Also, you may think his Bionicle books aren't that great, but he's already given an explanation for that: they are written for 8-11 year olds, not teenagers and adults. That said, the simple fact that he manages to keep both kids and some teenagers entertained is a mark of excellence to me - his childrens books are generally far more sofisticated than other books written for his age level.

Yes, and it's definitely silly to expect Tolstoy-level writing from a book series directed at kids, which a lot of older fans seem to do. That's not legitimate grounds for complaint. If you're buying a kid's book you should expect kid's level reading- simple logic.

But even so, it's hard to deny the cheesiness of the writing in Bionicle, and it's perfectly possible that Greg could do a little better. I don't intend to go on a pointless bash-fest because I don't read the stuff, but just because it's only SUPPOSED to be so good doesn't mean it can't be better.

I also agree with Jinzo in that there's probably something other than what we're aware of going on here- perhaps Greg just wanted a break for more personal reasons. But honestly, who cares? Let him do his thing.

Maybe this abscence has something to do with his going to Comic Con next week?

-Z

Doubt it. If it was, he would've said so.

2) There are a grand total of two more books in the series -- one is written, and the other is a movie novelization, so it is based on a script I did not write. So nothing in this topic is going to change anything because there are no more books in which to change it.
Thats a shame I really enjoyed reding the bionicle books but what happens now that there are no books after this year? Edited by Skulduggery

Oh, and you must be new to the internet if you use typos to judge somebody's ability to think critically.

I've been along long enough in different shapes and forms to know that it does make one seem immature. There's nothing wrong with writing 'you' instead of 'u' or 'I' instead of 'i'. It takes a second more and is so much easier to read. If a person can't either bother to do that, why should we bother with his/her post? Make it readable first. You perhaps might not give a damn about putting what you learn at school to good use, but I prefer to not kill a language every time I post, thank you very much.

Thats a shame I really enjoyed reding the bionicle books but what happens now that there are no books after this year?

Between movies, comics and online serials I think the story's covered. It's when the comics go that I'd start to worry. Besides the die hard fans not too many people bought the books. Everyone with a lego magazine subscription gets the comics, in countries that include them.

I've been along long enough in different shapes and forms to know that it does make one seem immature. There's nothing wrong with writing 'you' instead of 'u' or 'I' instead of 'i'. It takes a second more and is so much easier to read. If a person can't either bother to do that, why should we bother with his/her post? Make it readable first. You perhaps might not give a damn about putting what you learn at school to good use, but I prefer to not kill a language every time I post, thank you very much.

Because, unlike yourself, there may be those with something profound to say without a great deal of interest in the authenticity of the language used? You're just closing your mind to people who are probably every bit as smart and insightful as yourself. The only difference is they're less picky about their English, and you're using their disinterest to make yourself feel intellectually superior.

Sure, talking like a three year old will not make one sound intelligent, but I'm just saying that disregarding somebody on a basis of their English alone is not at all justified. It's the content that matters, not the presentation. I've read plenty if intelligent comments and posts from people who butcher their English mercilessly.

For the record, I prefer good English too, which is why I use it, but communication is communication and I will respect people who prefer a lazier method.

I remember reading his original topic, then PMing him about it, he never responded.

He was blatantly insulting Greg, and all his questions were storyline based; he was whining why some questions weren't answered.

Here's the funny part:

All the questions were answered before. ._.

Then he rants about "not getting the answers" because Greg was too busy eating a burrito or something/

That kid is not 16.

[-The Alchemyst-]

Oh come on. He is perfectly within his rights to leave. Considering he no doubt doesn't enjoy the limits he has been placed within, complaining about his "cheesiness" would be extremely irritating, and having to restate similar things over and over, and being attacked by the very people he works to please gives him more than enough reason to leave the forums. I would. :\

Well, still waiting on the Glatorian game. And only about a week until Toy Fair. :D