Wurger49

[MOC] New Republic E-Wing Starfighter – Alternate Build of 75301 Luke Skywalker’s X-Wing

I was very excited that “Ahsoka” trailers showed the E-Wing, finally bringing the fighter to Star Wars Canon. I like the changes made to the E-Wing, there is no more laser cannon mounted on top of the cockpit, which will never happen in real life. In its place now comes an open astromech socket like the X-Wing.

The nose of the E-Wing is made shorter. The astromech socket is lowered by 2 plates, making R2-D2’s position not so elevated like the official set. Small adjustments were made to the technic mechanism for the slanted wings. I tried to create an impression of the winglets using sloped pieces and mounted the 2 laser cannons on the tips.

Thanks to the technic mechanism, the E-Wing can rest on the engines with the wings flattened, I had enough pieces to build a small stand for the E-Wing to be mounted on to show its slanted wings.

t's great to see LEGO is releasing the 75364 New Republic E-Wing™ vs. Shin Hati’s Starfighter™, this MOC will complement the set. 

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-153971/Wurger Bricks/new-republic-e-wing-alternate-build-of-75301-lukes-x-wing/

New Republic E-Wing – Alternate Build of 75301 Luke Skywalker’s X-WingNew Republic E-Wing – Alternate Build of 75301 Luke Skywalker’s X-WingNew Republic E-Wing – Alternate Build of 75301 Luke Skywalker’s X-WingNew Republic E-Wing – Alternate Build of 75301 Luke Skywalker’s X-WingNew Republic E-Wing – Alternate Build of 75301 Luke Skywalker’s X-WingNew Republic E-Wing – Alternate Build of 75301 Luke Skywalker’s X-Wing

Edited by Wurger49