Kanal-K1

4999 Vestas Promo - Wind Power Plant

I've luckily saved them on my computer :tongue:

made a checklist from the parts, order up!

first up is ordering those hard to get pieces from bricklink or lego direct (45410 and 45411)

i'm building the thing without PF first, if the model is complete i'll add the PF to it :)

cause those darn PF elements willt eat up 35% of the total costs.

I'm sorry, but TLC and Vestas are making a huge mistake by not having this on wide release. I mean, obviously there is a large group of people willing to fork out some cash for it. This could very well end up on the bestseller list on s@h if Lego would just put it on there. They dont even need to attach Vestas! They can keep the set with the stickers and box that say Vestas, and have a generic version for the general public.

dp

Or maybe they could replace the Vestas stickers with generic Lego City stickers and release it as a Toys "R" Us exclusive.

Or maybe they could replace the Vestas stickers with generic Lego City stickers and release it as a Toys "R" Us exclusive.

me being a graphics designer can manufactuer my own vestas stickering!

measure, design, place on your LEGO... and we're done!

what else would i need dark blue pieces for... or i can make a NUON (our energy supplier) windmill. even better :)

Does anyone have a complete version already? (MOCced or original)

So far we haven't seen any pictures of the completed model,

there is a brickshelf folder which only has the car and front building, but not the mill itself.

New post, i finally can see the scale of this amazing set.

Thus i made a picture of the first five segments of the tower.

the spinnig point of the blades will actually be twice that height.

For good measure i went through my old parts an built the blueprint of the house.

which also is a lot better than expected.

I'll keep posting pictures as i aquire more and more parts.

scale.jpg

An Ambassador seems to think that the set will be released, i found this comment on the frontpage of brickset.com:

The fact they have appeared here perhaps suggests that it'll get a public release: after all the Maersk container ship was originally thought to be available only via Maersk but was then sold via LEGOshop.com and sold very well, so much so it was re-released the following year.

Thanks to Ambassador Disley for the news.

Dr. Brick

An Ambassador seems to think that the set will be released, i found this comment on the frontpage of brickset.com:

Dr. Brick

By then i'll have my own,

It's really the sport of puzzling all the pieces together from various sources.

But i'll manage to complete the thing before they release it

(and then it will probably end up in chinese food boxes next to the creator ferris wheel and the insanely cool Technic bulldozer :))

edit: until i've got room to spare for the sets. :D

Edited by Crazydance

It's really the sport of puzzling all the pieces together from various sources.

And of course figuring out substitutes for the (very) few pieces that aren't in any other set. So far I've only found one piece other than the green BURPs that doesn't exist elsewhere yet, but there are alternatives luckily.

And of course figuring out substitutes for the (very) few pieces that aren't in any other set. So far I've only found one piece other than the green BURPs that doesn't exist elsewhere yet, but there are alternatives luckily.

you can order the green BURPS from lego. there seems to be a bellville (ofr other girlie set) that has green BURPS.

so impossible it is not (quoted from another green colored figure :D)

Er, any further information on that? Neither Bricklink nor Peeron show any sets with that piece, Belleville or otherwise.

After looking around a little bit:

You're not confusing the LURP— 6083.gif with the BURP— 6082.gif are you perchance? The former did indeed appear in green in a Belleville set back in 1997, set #5854-1 Pony Trekking. Sadly, the Vestas set uses the latter piece, which is larger and differently shaped, especially as far as the free space underneath it goes..

Edited by Kingboy

Also on Brickshelf already (link found via Brickset):

Thank you very much for that information and for the links, paksu! :sweet:

So instructions are back! :thumbup: Since I had only a very short time to look at the instructions the last time I looked at them this time more closer and I must say it's more than excellent (mainly with this lovely designed interior of this little nice cottage :wub: )! :thumbup:

Hopefully we will then get this amazing set soon, too! :sceptic:

Dr. Brick

Thanks, Dr. Brick! :sweet:

So since an ambassador writes this and gives as example the Maersk Sealine Container Ship which was released some years ago in late spring:

Do you think it's possible that TLG will release the awesome 4999 Vestas Wind Power Plant in next year's late spring?

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

i'll keep track of the costs of my own vestas set.

but i'm pretty sure i'm keeping below that price :wacko:

only one piece will be different from the original set. but actually i con't care.

because the replacement piece looks better than the original, AND i'll probably be able to order the original piece later on,

I can do the stickering by myself too. maybe i'll put the stickerset online if i completed it.

can't be too hard... just take a sticker sheet, print your favorite stickers, cut / paste them onto your model, done!

but i like the vestas setup so i probably won't change it, or order those other colored pieces as an optional extra.

That video has nothing to do with that set.

35 seconds of noisy intro and the rest is a blurry pic of a minifig accompanied by a rant on releasing this to the public.

Smells like "hit-hunting" to me.

Perhaps You should take it off and apologize to all the people who watched it, because they thought you had the real deal.

Propably would have been better in the petition topic, anyway...

not to mention I made the video in roughly 10 minutes.

...oh well. I (didn't) try.

Edit: revised my old post to be a bit more descriptive of the video's contents.

sorry if I got anyone's hopes up.

Edited by maiq the liar

Propably would have been better in the petition topic, anyway...

not to mention I made the video in roughly 10 minutes.

...oh well. I (didn't) try.

Edit: revised my old post to be a bit more descriptive of the video's contents.

sorry if I got anyone's hopes up.

for anyone that wants to see te real thing, follow the topic at lowlug.

a user named legopaul has it already set up and running.

Won't be long before more of these start to pop up.

about the green burps, also from lego paul, check his model, he has the green BURPS ordere from lego.

i know that green LURPS are more widely available, but it seems they are pretty easy to order through lego direct.

for anyone that wants to see te real thing, follow the topic at lowlug.

...or just klick here!

Man, this thing is HUGE! :cry_happy:

Also on Brickshelf already (link found via Brickset):

kind of interesting: Why is there the safety warnings in different languages if the set isn't intended to be released outside of vestas bigwigs?

It's a 2009 set, according to the huge list that was just leaked. That means it's officially going to be sold to all! Follow the link from the pirates list on the frontpage...