Jim

[TC25] Technic Shrinking Contest - Information Topic

Recommended Posts

That's a high level contest. Very impressive models.

Beside the contest aspect we made all together a very nice collection of mini models. I'm proud of taking part in it.

I hope someone from TLG will have a look at them. I think that a scaled down Technic set would be more interesting than a recolored one like the bugatti bolide.

Well done everyone! And a big Thanks to @Jim!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And I shall claim credit for nudging Jim into making this contest happen :tongue:

I know this would be a fun experience, based on my previous experience with shrinking models.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

And I shall claim credit for nudging Jim into making this contest happen :tongue:

Absolutely.

And I almost cancelled it because I wasn't sure about it. Glad we did run the contest though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can only joint all those who say this has been an awesome contest, glad it did not get cancelled. I really enjoyed both taking part in it, and also watching other entries develop. Building smaller models is always more challenging on building techniques, and makes results more interesting. I do think there are tons of very good models out there, so it's going to be a tough decision for the jury.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In previous competitions where there was a public vote, it was always difficult for me to choose only 6 works for which you can vote. But at the same time, I always determined for myself 1-2 favorite works. And judging by the results of voting, many have a similar situation. Usually 2-3 models lead by a wide margin.
But this time there are so many incredible works that I can’t even name 5 favorites for myself *oh2*. There are more! Incredible result. A very difficult task for judges. Thank you very much for this exciting event :excited:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only my complain of this contest is not allowed electronic. Other that every entry is very good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Akassin said:

In previous competitions where there was a public vote, it was always difficult for me to choose only 6 works for which you can vote. But at the same time, I always determined for myself 1-2 favorite works. And judging by the results of voting, many have a similar situation. Usually 2-3 models lead by a wide margin.
But this time there are so many incredible works that I can’t even name 5 favorites for myself *oh2*. There are more! Incredible result. A very difficult task for judges. Thank you very much for this exciting event :excited:

I know, I have some relief that I don't have to make any decisions this time. Good Luck @Jim, @Milan and whoever else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, msk6003 said:

Only my complain of this contest is not allowed electronic.

Probably because few of these models could accomodate motors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, msk6003 said:

Only my complain of this contest is not allowed electronic. Other that every entry is very good.

picard-meme-facepalm.jpg?auto=webp&fit=c

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Poor judges have to decide which model wins from so many good entries...
But thanks a lot for putting such a fun contest together!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Maaboo35 said:

Probably because few of these models could accomodate motors.

I also planned 8485 Control center II with 70% of scale with mobile phone&robot inventor hub as replace of control center.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, msk6003 said:

I also planned 8485 Control center II with 70% of scale with mobile phone&robot inventor hub as replace of control center.

Okay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Jim is there any chance that after the results are out, to have all those quality entries that won't fit the podium frontpaged? Not all at once, but maybe spread over some time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Joining the chorus here, this was a very good contest and I'm happy and proud that I was able to enter and finish my entry. I got the missing parts today and I _could_ shoot new photos I guess, and replace them in my entry post but I'm not sure if that's allowed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, howitzer said:

Joining the chorus here, this was a very good contest and I'm happy and proud that I was able to enter and finish my entry. I got the missing parts today and I _could_ shoot new photos I guess, and replace them in my entry post but I'm not sure if that's allowed?

The topic is locked. You cant edit your post anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am also joining the chorus here.  Agreed this has been a fantastic contest.  Glad that I don't have to be the one voting, though it is kinda a shame at the same time because I paid more attention to all the submissions than I have before - the quality of the submissions was that good!  Thxs to @Jim and @Milan and others... GL in the judging... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

The topic is locked. You cant edit your post anymore.

But I could replace the source photos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, SaperPL said:

@Jim is there any chance that after the results are out, to have all those quality entries that won't fit the podium frontpaged? Not all at once, but maybe spread over some time?

We only the frontpage the Top-3. That's one of the extra prizes for ending up on the podium :sweet:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Jim said:

We only the frontpage the Top-3. That's one of the extra prizes for ending up on the podium :sweet:

But that could be the contest completion reward and additional motivation for people to participate and do good in the future contests.

Also this is something that is counter-intuitive for me with frontpaging the topics against work-in-progress topics - it feels to me that if you come in with a complete MOC with great photos right when creating a thread, you have a big chance of it being frontpaged, but for topics that were work in progress and were updated with great photos when the project is finished, it's harder to be front paged since they are not new threads and so it's harder for them to be spotted by moderation. What is counter intuitive in this for me is that it's a place where people do WIP threads and especially when you require doing them for the contest and then you're not frontpaging those feels like additional penalty for them being part of the contest if they didn't win, when it could've been a reward.

You will be judging those and it's not like in other cases where someone from moderation has to specifically spot that an existing WIP thread was updated with good photos. I'm not talking about frontpaging every entry, just the ones that are up to the quality to be front paged.

I feel like the WIP threads that come out with great models and quality photos in the end are something that the forum should be proud of, and also frontpaging them is additional opportunity for those checking out what's new through front page to notice them and share them to other sites/communities, which effectively brings more people to the forum. But I guess that's just my opinion here...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SaperPL said:

I feel like the WIP threads that come out with great models and quality photos in the end are something that the forum should be proud of, and also frontpaging them is additional opportunity for those checking out what's new through front page to notice them and share them to other sites/communities, which effectively brings more people to the forum. But I guess that's just my opinion here...

I know this is not the right place to discuss this, just wanted to note that I agree with you, also thought about this 'incompatibility' of WIP threads and frontpaging. I guess that is why some people make a new thread for the finalized model, where all the half baked images and discussions are not distracting the viewers. Though this is not really done with competition entries (only the entry thread itself, but that's not frontpaged).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.