• Outstanding

indexed.gif

7655: Clone Battle Pack

Year: 2007

Number of pieces: 58

Number of minifigs: 4

Price: 9.99 USD

Brickset

Welcome to my third review on Eurobricks, I hope you enjoy!

While at any store that sells LEGO (Target, Wal-Mart, TRU, etc.), you will notice that the clone battle packs on the shelf are way fewer in number than the droids battle pack. As you might guess, the clones are way more popular, and finding them gets harder and harder as the release date of this set goes farther into the past. So stock up!

Alright, heres a pic of the box:

7655_box.jpg

A small box, as expected for inexpensive sets like these. Note the "Build your army" button on the front: TLG obviously is encouraging customers to buy multiples, and with good reason, which will be explained later in this review.

Well, lets get straight to it:

2660898223_6023b61ea7_o.jpg

The contents of this set. You will notice a speeder bike, a gun turret, and some clones. Looking good so far!

Lets have a look at the turret:

2661724522_ec0b5c7b7f_o.jpg

An excellent Star Wars element to have around, especially for MOCing. It is very cleverly built, using a tire guard from CITY sets for the general shape of the turret mount. All you have to do is attach the (new mold! explained later) gun to the 2x1 plate with the center stud, and... Presto! I wonder how the clones build these turrets to fast in the middle of battle...

A rear view:

2660898611_6a768f7f94_o.jpg

With a clone mounted:

2660898833_45d5221dbc_o.jpg

My only gripe about the turret is that you have to take off the gun in order for every clone to have a gun.

Now, we move on to the vehicle of the set, the speeder bike:

2661725182_39bdb3c2f6_o.jpg

A rather sleek and good looking bike, with some useful pieces on it as well, such as the blue cones, the megaphones, and the engines. Some say it looks bare without the figs mounted on it, but I think it looks just fine. The commander drives while a trooper shoots on the back.

A side view:

2660899347_97bee580ca_o.jpg

And a rear view:

2660899577_ed4684dab2_o.jpg

My only gripe is the same as the turret: you have to remove the back gun for all the clones to have weapons while on foot. The back pistol attaches to a 2x2 round studded plate with a Technic hole in the middle.

Finnaly, here are the new guns:

2661726028_9b53873931_o.jpg

This set comes with 1 new blaster rifle and three new pistols. It could have included one more rifle for the turret.

And of course, the figs:

2660899855_bbf89af8fa_o.jpg

Includes: 1 yellow commander (lovely fig), 1 Shocktrooper (comes with a pair of elctrobinouculars), and two regular troopers (so clean and white). The figs are excellent, all that any SW or LEGO fan should want. It could have maybe included one more regular trooper, but that might be pushing it.

Thats all for now, folks, here is the...

FINAL VERDICT:

Build: 8/10, extremely easy, should take the seasoned builder about 5 minutes to complete. A fun build, though.

Playability: 5/10, I guess you can get this with the droid battle pack and make them battle, but this set has no real play features of its own. But it is good for collecting troops and using them for MOCs.

Swooshability: 9/10, I guess you can zoom the speeder bike around...

Minifigs: 10/10, four great figs that should be bought in multiples, a great army builder.

Design: 10/10, a clever turret, an awesome speeder, and four great clones. What more do you need in a 10 dollar set?

Price: 8/10, not bad I suppose, but if you calculate a dime for each piece, this set should come out to 5-6 dollars. But still, billions of these are being sold world-wide, and TLG is making a ton of money off of them.

Overall score: 9.5/10, a truly memorable set, one that will be a favorite for ages to come, and very popular. A great army builder for a small price, plus vehicle and turret! With only a few very minor flaws, this set is one of the best of Star Wars.

And this concludes my review, and as always, comments are most welcome. :classic:

I got like 5 of theses :classic:

Hope we get the New clone battlepack, Do you ever think we will?

We will only get 5 Clones if you buy all the New Republic sets... :cry_sad:

Nice review! I got over the gun problem with the shockie since the rebel in the Y-Wing doesn't need one. :tongue: I wish I could have gotten more of these but I'll know for next time. :cry_happy:

When I saw this topic I was like : "Oh my god this set is out since 2007. This guy is so late!" but I read your review and this idea got out of my mind! :sweet:

Thank you Jim!

I have 2 of these and I even have twice more droids than clones!

I should have buy more but it's sold out now :cry_sad::cry_sad::cry_sad:

Nice review JimButcher :thumbup: , this set is for many reasons awesome but unfortunately I just buy one. Now I am planning on buying one more in my wal-mart there are like three in stock but with a high price of $19.99 :cry_sad: each so maybe just one and will keep it MISB :classic: .

When I saw this topic I was like : "Oh my god this set is out since 2007. This guy is so late!" but I read your review and this idea got out of my mind! :sweet:

Thank you Jim!

I have 2 of these and I even have twice more droids than clones!

I should have buy more but it's sold out now :cry_sad::cry_sad::cry_sad:

They are not sold out! If you go into UK Woolworths they have loads in stock! :thumbup:

Yet another fine review :thumbup:

Your getting my fingers bleeding from all this updating the review index :thumbup:

Keep doing that - reviewing that is.

KimT

I believe there's another set that has Star Corps Trooper with an orange pauldron. Is it any better?