As we notices, it doesn't look, like there is separate motor for front wheels, that drivetrain is coupled - driven from 2 motors in rear.

7 minutes ago, Jurss said:

As we notices, it doesn't look, like there is separate motor for front wheels, that drivetrain is coupled - driven from 2 motors in rear.

The high res images posted by rm8 clearly show 2 L motors in the front, one higher and one lower. The higher would be the steering motor I guess..

Why do you think there would be two motors in the rear, and where do you see them? Also, how would it be possible to route the drive to the front in that case?

New tires are great! I can already see them on an upcoming 3 axle mobile crane :-)

Rest is okay, maybe we have some sort of 4 speed engine here?

1 hour ago, Jurss said:

Doubled motors always doubled torque for each axle. It is safe until all wheels contact with ground. Splitted motors = same total torque bit twice less for each axle. Thats why 9398/41999 and 42099 was splitted. It is safe. 42129 is coupled by safe because of low torque in transmission.

that will be fast car for mostly flat surfaces, not a crawler,  - no reason to couple motors

1 hour ago, Jundis said:

Rest is okay, maybe we have some sort of 4 speed engine here?

Definitely not possible if motors are not coupled for front/rear axle, as it seems.

39 minutes ago, rm8 said:

42129 is coupled by safe because of low torque in transmission.

that will be fast car for mostly flat surfaces, not a crawler,  - no reason to couple motors

That makes sense.

Having one motor per axle, unlinked, would actually be authentic to the real life version I think. Will be interesting to see the new drive hubs if they are using the larger CV joints.

8 minutes ago, allanp said:

Having one motor per axle, unlinked, would actually be authentic to the real life version I think. Will be interesting to see the new drive hubs if they are using the larger CV joints.

They are using new CV joints, you can see on the photo if you increase exposure. I think it will be a simple 16:16 tooth gear to the diff and onto the wheels.

Edited by Zerobricks

1 hour ago, allanp said:

Having one motor per axle, unlinked, would actually be authentic to the real life version I think.

Yes, but the ICE is missing on the LEGO version.
tecnica-audi-rs-q-etron.jpg

I think there also has to be a new, shorter version of the new "female" CV joint, since there is only 7 studs between suspension arms.

EDIT: I also think the front shock absorbers are connected with a liftarm that can swing freely. This way the front suspension acts like a pivoted axle, simillar to my Universal 4x4 off-roader

Edited by Zerobricks

42 minutes ago, Zerobricks said:

I think there also has to be a new, shorter version of the new "female" CV joint, since there is only 7 studs between suspension arms.

Dito, seems like we get really nice suspension and hub parts! Really looking forward to this model and definetely a buy with a discount for me. I mean compare this to the abysmal 42109, which was priced at 129€.

2 hours ago, Zerobricks said:

I thought the same and started counting, but unfortunately I counted 9 at the first go. But now looking at the high-res brighter image, maybe it is indeed 7 studs only, so there is still hope! And it would make sense. At first announcement I thought this car would come with 75mm buggy tires and an axle width of 15 studs with regular old wheel hubs, and that the Ford GT's double-sided CV joint was made for this. But it clearly has new CV joints, and with those joints the narrowest axle possible is 19 studs, which is pretty wide for 81mm wheels. So a 17 studs wide axle would make sense. And that CV joint part would be a VERY useful one!

3 hours ago, R0Sch said:

Yes, but the ICE is missing on the LEGO version.

Hmm, I think it might actually even be doable, as there might be space, but it would not be realistic if it was just connected to the drivetrain, as that's not its function in the real car, plus it would just decrease efficiency of the drivetrain.

Having two separate drive motors will also make it drive more smoothly on a flat surface, without the need for a center differential.

15 hours ago, R0Sch said:

81.5x29 is the tire size, not 28.

That would be perfect for my Unimog. I can hardly wait to get them and red rims

11 minutes ago, 1gor said:

That would be perfect for my Unimog. I can hardly wait to get them and red rims

Agreed. The rest of the set is so so for me. 

3 hours ago, gyenesvi said:

I thought the same and started counting, but unfortunately I counted 9 at the first go. But now looking at the high-res brighter image, maybe it is indeed 7 studs only, so there is still hope! And it would make sense. At first announcement I thought this car would come with 75mm buggy tires and an axle width of 15 studs with regular old wheel hubs, and that the Ford GT's double-sided CV joint was made for this. But it clearly has new CV joints, and with those joints the narrowest axle possible is 19 studs, which is pretty wide for 81mm wheels. So a 17 studs wide axle would make sense. And that CV joint part would be a VERY useful one!

Just hope they didn't use the older, weaker CV joints for inboard ones... Though I doubt they would last well long especially with heavy acceleration/reversing at speed.

7 hours ago, Thirdwigg said:

Agreed. The rest of the set is so so for me. 

And perhaps red 5 x 7 frames can be usefull on classic trucks...

On 5/31/2023 at 10:08 PM, Thirdwigg said:

Also the wheels are new in red now too. Finally, we will be able to make all those mid scale Claas tractors!

That is what I was waiting for a very looooooong time

10 hours ago, Zerobricks said:

Just hope they didn't use the older, weaker CV joints for inboard ones... Though I doubt they would last well long especially with heavy acceleration/reversing at speed.

I don't think so, the brightened frontal image of rm8 suggests that the inboard CV joints are also the new ones, you can see the ridges on them.

And the rear image above clearly shows that the axle width is indeed 17 (6 long arms starting at 7 stud width).

2 hours ago, gyenesvi said:

I don't think so, the brightened frontal image of rm8 suggests that the inboard CV joints are also the new ones, you can see the ridges on them.

And the rear image above clearly shows that the axle width is indeed 17 (6 long arms starting at 7 stud width).

Here's to hoping. They will probably be a different color though to differentiate from the current ones with a 3 studded axle.

I like it. The 42124 set had been one of my favorites and I really enjoy the C+ sets so this looks to be a good addition. 

Anyone have an accurate estimate on when the release maybe? And the price?

1 hour ago, TexasEngineer454 said:

I like it. The 42124 set had been one of my favorites and I really enjoy the C+ sets so this looks to be a good addition. 

Anyone have an accurate estimate on when the release maybe? And the price?

lego.com has a quite accurate estimation about both ;)