Sign in to follow this  
Yperio_Bricks

[ESL - FB] Punto Sur Waterfront

Hipérion's stay in Punto Sur was short-lived.

He gathered the best accountants, filthiest swashbucklers and oldest warhorses of the Seven Brick Seas, acquired supplies from the local warehouses, and soon an expedition departed from Punto Sur in the morning of 27th Mayo 623. Rumors quickly spread the town, saying that Hipérion got secret orders from King Fernando himself... Others said that one of the accountants deciphered a ancient map that showed one of the Seven Cities of Cibola... but surely these rumors must be nonsense and the purpose of this operation must be something else...

The group left Punto Sur through the eastern gate, followed the road (more a dirt trail than a road) that would lead deep into the heart of the island of Maldria and soon the party was swallowed by the jungle...

I apologise for the bad quality pictures but i have only a potato camera and nothing that i can use as a background. And looking at the palm tree and fisherman's net...i am much too lazy to edit the background in PS.

The grey building on the left will be licensed as a small residence. The warehouse, yard, wharf and house on the right will be licensed as medium commerce. (Proof that these mocs can be seperated in the spoiler :pir_laugh2:)

20230525_122707_kloctd.jpg

20230525_123314_k4zepy.jpg

20230525_122716_kofikr.jpg

20230525_122722_ko6cbu.jpg

20230525_122733_kqifme.jpg

Spoiler

20230525_124121_kynfmk.jpg

A very nicely built diorama. :pir-huzzah2:  I like that the buildings have different architecture and colors. Very interesting is the beach on the right side with the transition to the quay wall and the angled building behind it. I like the choice of minifigures. The story about the Seven Cities of Cíbola is very exciting. I look forward to a continuation of the story.

Very cosy build, very nice techniques used all around.  Only the fleshies.... Can't get used to them :pir-wink: 

Just joking , very nice work!

A beautiful setup! Like NOD said, I love how the buildings have a different style on their own, but still work so well together.

Angling the house on the right adds so much to the entire moc so great job on that!

Really excited to see where your adventure leads you (the expedition party looks amazing!).

Lots of stuff to like in this! The transition from wharf to beach really adds interest to the scene. and as others have said the variety in the buildings does as well. Good figure posing and action in the scene, and it all works well together. I think my favorite building is the warehouse, but I'm fascinated by the colors of the house on the right ... and that those colors actually work together. And of course, it gives us an interesting start to an adventure story.

Well done! :thumbup:

Good luck in the jungles of Maldria!:pir-triumph:

A lovely build. Can I recommend you give Hiperion a pair of gloves? I think they could bring his outfit together...

On 5/27/2023 at 6:42 PM, NOD said:

A very nicely built diorama. :pir-huzzah2:  I like that the buildings have different architecture and colors. Very interesting is the beach on the right side with the transition to the quay wall and the angled building behind it. I like the choice of minifigures. The story about the Seven Cities of Cíbola is very exciting. I look forward to a continuation of the story.

Thank you :pir-huzzah2:

On 5/27/2023 at 6:51 PM, Fraunces said:

Very cosy build, very nice techniques used all around.  Only the fleshies.... Can't get used to them :pir-wink: 

Just joking , very nice work!

Thanks!

On 5/28/2023 at 8:08 AM, Lord Buckethead said:

A beautiful setup! Like NOD said, I love how the buildings have a different style on their own, but still work so well together.

Angling the house on the right adds so much to the entire moc so great job on that!

Really excited to see where your adventure leads you (the expedition party looks amazing!).

Thank you!

On 5/28/2023 at 5:40 PM, Brickwolf said:

Wonderful build, beautiful houses and nice minifigs!:pir-huzzah2:

19 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

Lots of stuff to like in this! The transition from wharf to beach really adds interest to the scene. and as others have said the variety in the buildings does as well. Good figure posing and action in the scene, and it all works well together. I think my favorite building is the warehouse, but I'm fascinated by the colors of the house on the right ... and that those colors actually work together. And of course, it gives us an interesting start to an adventure story.

Well done! :thumbup:

Good luck in the jungles of Maldria!:pir-triumph:

Thank you!

I like the colors of the right house as well! I could even sneak in some of my favorite Lego color, dark turquoise. Reddish orange and bluish green are complementary colors, so colors of this range should work together well.

19 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

A lovely build. Can I recommend you give Hiperion a pair of gloves? I think they could bring his outfit together...

Never thought about gloves, but i think together with dark armes it would not look better than bare hands. I am not too happy about the outfit either. It's from Ron from a Harry Potter advent calendar. But it is the only one i can use.

I wish i could use Merry's torso from Rivendell. His yellow and green clothes looks fantastic and would fit Hiperion well. But for me it is just a torso and it has no emotional value and so i am not going to spend 15€+ on the minifig :pir_laugh2:

EDIT: There are some other torsos in the Rivendell set that would make some nice civilian minifigures in a historic setting.

Edited by Yperio_Bricks

That looks amazing! The detail is incredible, all I would say is it seems like you use a huge amount of the masonry bricks for detail, maybe interspersing other techniques would have worked better? That's just a nitpick however, wish I could build something this good!

51 minutes ago, Crazy bricks said:

That looks amazing! The detail is incredible, all I would say is it seems like you use a huge amount of the masonry bricks for detail, maybe interspersing other techniques would have worked better? That's just a nitpick however, wish I could build something this good!

Hehe yes, you are right! I build only like 5 mocs before and wanted to test how the wharf would look like if i use only masonry bricks, with dark grey for the "wet" ones. But it looks boring! I never plan anything and later i didn't want to break the wharf up only to change the bricks. Next time i will build the wharf differently for sure. I'm okay with the buildings though :pir_laugh2:

1 hour ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Fine harbour scene with great minifigs - and a monkey :pir-huzzah2:

Somebody has put this on the frontpage before I could do it :pir-laugh:

Thanks a lot :pir-huzzah2: The monkey is one of the very few pieces i kept from my childhood Lego. I kept only few "special" parts like 3 canons or some muskets, the monkey and some medieval armor. Recently i found one and a half sharks in my mom's basement :pir_laugh2: But 99,99% of the childhood Lego is gone.

Edited by Yperio_Bricks

17 minutes ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

I forgot to ask one thing: Hipérion's torso - where is that from?

From the 2020 Harry Potter advent calendar 75981.

Edited by Yperio_Bricks

22 minutes ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

From the 2020 Harry Potter advent calendar 75981.

Thanks. Ron Weasley.... let's see what Bricklink has to offer :pir_laugh2:

On 5/31/2023 at 10:44 AM, Yperio_Bricks said:

Thanks a lot :pir-huzzah2: The monkey is one of the very few pieces i kept from my childhood Lego. I kept only few "special" parts like 3 canons or some muskets, the monkey and some medieval armor. Recently i found one and a half sharks in my mom's basement :pir_laugh2: But 99,99% of the childhood Lego is gone.

Well. my childhood LEGO might be even older. And blue and white have not aged well...

I encountered the monkey as part of the 1990s pirate sets and have liked him ever since :pir-grin:

47 minutes ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

I encountered the monkey as part of the 1990s pirate sets and have liked him ever since :pir-grin:

Yep, me too! The old :monkey: is much superior to the new ones. Although i am tempted to try an other color for his hands :pir_laugh2:

Absolutely lovely! Especially the historically accurate color palette from the buildings all the way to the minifigs is very cool! I always struggle with using those colors and not ending up having a MOC that is just boring. But your beautiful texturing on the house facades and juuuust the right amount of contrast solves the problem IMO :pir-triumph:

11 hours ago, Powder Monkey said:

Absolutely lovely! Especially the historically accurate color palette from the buildings all the way to the minifigs is very cool! I always struggle with using those colors and not ending up having a MOC that is just boring. But your beautiful texturing on the house facades and juuuust the right amount of contrast solves the problem IMO :pir-triumph:

Thank you very much for your kind words! :pir-huzzah2:

6 hours ago, Bricksbypidy said:

I've missed this one, I think! It looks pretty cool! Nice details en color choices! 

Thank you! :pir-huzzah2: