The EF76 Nebulon-B Frigate has to be one of my favorite ships from the original trilogy. After rewatching the beautiful ending scene in Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back, I decided to take on the Midi-Scale challenge once again.

This very compact model is made of 1,464 pieces and measures 48cm. With this design, I tried to maximize the density factor in the smallest, most convenient size possible.

The Nebulon-B features a movie-accurate, fully asymmetrical design, from side panels to greebles and surface detail. It also includes cannons, sensors, an accurate and intricate bridge section, a streamlined water tank, and many small details seen on the original ship.

Reproducing the various front assemblies, small buildings in the back and all the greebles around the engine section took lots of fine-tuning, mindful part choices, and fun gap-filling sessions to closely match the ILM prop model.

The building process isn't too long nor complex: I once again went for a fully modular approach, and the reasonable part count makes it both a manageable and relatively affordable build.

The EF76 comes with a wide built-in stand and can be moved around easily. It can even be grabbed and held by its long middle section which is made of a sturdy technic liftarm configuration.

► Instructions for the Nebulon-B are available at BrickVault!

More pictures on my Flickr page.

52927897060_bfdd313cb1_z.jpg

52926932627_acc3832db9_z.jpg

52927959598_da9f0ef2c1_z.jpg

52927519196_2390404a04_z.jpg

52927665749_9fffc5e11c_z.jpg

52927519186_76b5749dee_z.jpg

1 hour ago, Kage Goomba said:

This is a very nicely done MOC - most impressive for its size concerning detail.
Love it!

Thanks so much!

If you ever have a bad day, remember that you a world class artist in this business. And among the world class you occupy a very comfortable spot near the very top.

I don't think words can describe how good it is.

Edited by Falcrum

On 5/27/2023 at 4:28 PM, Falcrum said:

If you ever have a bad day, remember that you a world class artist in this business. And among the world class you occupy a very comfortable spot near the very top.

I don't think words can describe how good it is.

Oh well... thank you for the really touching words. This means a lot, and keeps me motivated to make more. ♥️

Wow FlyInSpace, I have your Venator and love it, and I have admired many of your other MOCS as well! I got the email on this the other night, and while I already have built Dranac's Nebulon B a few years back (was a good size for me) I am tempted to build another!

Your detail is always top notch! And for anyone wanting the detail of a UCS at a smaller size and price, your can't go wrong! Nice work!

On 6/2/2023 at 10:48 PM, Frizzlefry25 said:

Wow FlyInSpace, I have your Venator and love it, and I have admired many of your other MOCS as well! I got the email on this the other night, and while I already have built Dranac's Nebulon B a few years back (was a good size for me) I am tempted to build another!

Your detail is always top notch! And for anyone wanting the detail of a UCS at a smaller size and price, your can't go wrong! Nice work!

Thank you Frizzlefry! It's a deceively compact model so yeah it can serve as a display piece on a small shelf, without the bulky UCS size :) 

On 6/5/2023 at 4:58 PM, Feuer Zug said:

Great build for the Nebulon-B. Lots of details, even at such a scale.

Cheers!