Lord Buckethead

[ESL - FB] Welcome to Ceniza Bajo

The journey had been long, very long. Augustus and Sallah had managed to find passage to the New Haven Sea onboard a small vessel captained by an Eslandian merchant who empathised with their quest for adventure. In return for pulling their weight abroad, he offered transport to his furthest destination, which just so happened to be the sleepy hamlet of Ceniza Bajo; a most generous offer. The final leg of the journey saw anxiety rise amongst the crew. The Luther Islands were far enough away from the warzone in El Oleonda such that an attack was unlikely, but one could never be too cautious. The Lotii had proven to be unpredictable before.
 Fortunately this journey was to be a smooth one and everyone abroad was glad to put their feet to the hard dirt of Ceniza Bajo. The port was small as the town was in its very early stages of settlement, and Augustus for his part was surprised and delighted at the lack of bureaucracy the pair would have to deal with. Entry into the Corrish settlements he was used to came with no shortage of paperwork that had to be filled out, however the Eslandian's were happy to dispense with what they saw as needless paper pushing. 

The pair explored the town, though it didn't take long. Ceniza Bajo was small, but it was clear future growth was anticipated. Augustus couldn't help but notice a plethora of villa's both under construction and clearly unoccupied. These villa's were spacious and spread out, offering plenty to work with for any would be colonists. The pair were not immensely well endowed, however between Augustus' savings and Sallah's own modest allowance from his family's wealth, he was sure they would be able to afford such a comfortable residence.
He floated the idea to Sallah, who agreed albeit with a degree of hesitation. Sallah was here for adventure and would have been more than happy with a warm ditch in the ground. However for the sake of his friend he agreed that a villa would serve them well.
The pair sought out the appropriate party, coming to meet an affable old entrepreneur by the name of Francisco de Merdos. Francisco was one of the first Eslandolan settlers on the Luther Islands, and was keen to help the settlement grow. He had these villa's built and priced aggressively to attract colonists from the old world. Augustus couldn't believe their luck. The home was indeed generously priced, perhaps half what he might've expected to pay.

In less than a day of arriving in Ceniza Bajo the pair had acquired their home. Business was indeed smooth in Eslandola.

Ceniza Bajo Villa

My first build in Ceniza Bajo. Was very much inspired by recent works in Queenston so thanks to those builders for many of the techniques. Overall I'm pretty happy with this build. Parts definitely started to wear thin in areas and there's certainly things to improve on but I learnt a lot through this build and really enjoyed using some of the techniques I've been learning. The base inspired by @Ayrlego is definitely something I'll keep using and perfecting. Have also tried to learn how to edit photo's but still very much an amateur job. Something else to keep improving on. Can't wait to keep building in this style. Thanks for having a look!

Edited by Lord Buckethead

Great build and story! The light yellow really pops! I hope to learn more about Ceniza Bajo in the future :thumbup:

What a start! Amazing build for an introduction, i really like it! Keep uo the good work. Also the story is not too long, not too short and both entertaining as well as informing about your characters. Top job.

Love it! The light yellow looks great, and I really like the design of the roof. Good details, and good story. Welcome to the Luther Islands!

A lovely and interesting story! The villa is beautifully built with great colors. I like that Ceniza Bajo, a small, previously insignificant village was chosen to start the story. I look forward to a sequel.

There might be a reason for affordability. The villa appears to be located in a dry wash.

As the person who named the small group of islands, I'm glad the area is getting more interest.

Oh, and I almost forgot, a link to this thread in the Ceniza Bajo settlement thread would be welcome.

Edited by gedren_y